• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pills circa 19xx Get all your pill nostalgia discussion done here

The first pill I had that was good was a white cherry stamp. The second was a blue trident
which we took at Glastonbury 2005, so I guess this doesn't belong in this thread!

When the Mitzi stamp was being used, there seemed to be a different batch out every few weeks. Some were great, some were shit wasn't it about 97 when Mitzsi saved the clubbing scene (according to Mixmag).

some of my favourites from around 03 onward's before the shitty drought & pipes came along

playstations - came in 5 different colours
shrek 2s
pink & white heart's - actual heart shape
those tiny swirls/tornados
off brown/gold amarni's
bluelips
white smurfs
clovers
crowns/rolexs
grey amarnis - tiny things
pentagram - ufo shaped, with the pentagram star
heinikens
white hearts - circular this time
white sunrise

From the 90's, Octagans anyone? They had eight sides an' all. Great pills. I could do so many from then.

outpressed buddahs were awesome around year 2000. there is a pic of them on erowid, anyone know the ones im talkin about?

Just a good old 90/91 speckly disco-biscuit please, sir :D

Yes - paracetamol size but half as thick. Strong as anything but with that perfect mix of energy/trippy/fuckedupness (MDMA /MDA probably :D)

can also remember getting some white fast forwards / lightning bolt's around about the time all the junk hit - the dreaded diamonds/sharks/rockets/hammers n spanners etc - these werent the strongest & reminded me alot of the MDA swirl/tornados

some of my favourites from around 03 onward's before the shitty drought & pipes came along

playstations - came in 5 different colours
shrek 2s
pink & white heart's - actual heart shape
those tiny swirls/tornados
off brown/gold amarni's
bluelips
white smurfs
clovers
crowns/rolexs
grey amarnis - tiny things
pentagram - ufo shaped, with the pentagram star
heinikens
white hearts - circular this time
white sunrise

The pink heart shaped ones were epic, such good pills, clean and strong. Had some green rolexes in 2003 which were epic too, extremely strong. White hearts good too

Brown speckled Mitzis around 1999 were AMASING. I also remember the first batch of triangular Mitzis around 2001 time, which were particularly strong.

Didn't begin taking pills until the mid-90's, stuck with the traditional stimsand psychs until then. '95-2003/4 was my pill taking era, and I don't recall having a dud pill in all that time.

Real standouts for me were: Pink Callies (vivdly remember double dropping two of these beauties and having to hold onto a pillar for dear life for about half an hour of the come-up at a warehouse rave, before just having the biggest and longest ecxcxcsttaaatichit of all time for the next 6 or 7 hours), Playboys, Speckled Doves, Snowballs and Brown Disco Biscuits

I have a friend who somewhere has a massive collection of pills from 2003-2005 with lab test results and pictures of them all, I used to have a massive collection of pills from 2002-2006, about 80 different ones..... until some stupid bitch said she threw them away, quite clearly ate them! Karma can be an even bigger bitch than some girls!

Will try and track down my friend and post the pictures & results!

Well, well, well...

I see you've returned, after all these years, Mashead.

Anyone got pics of pills from way back? I remember there was a link someone posted a while ago that had pills as far back as 1995 that had been lab tested.

I can honestly say I would never touch a modern day pill unless I knew exactly what was in it and even then I would think twice but as far as old skool pills (late 90's early 00's) I would say the following were some of the best-

Omega
Mitzi
Green Anchors
Dolphins
Supermen
Rolls Royce
Doves
Yin Yangs (Fat ones)

1st pill inn 88 cost 20 quid - white cali 200mg use to take 1/2 at a time as the rush was toooo much, then plenty of doves, xxx, apples, dennis the mennis, r&custard,burgers ets etc stopped in 96/97. dropped x2 snowballs which ws a major mistake somewhere along the way, sat in the car listing to talk radio for 6 hours then couldnt drive home as too fucked ahhhh

The pink calis stick out in my mind. £15 for one pill, bought off a bird in The Cross, Kings Cross, and I danced on the same spot for 6 hours straight. Brilliant. Does anyone know how strong they were? I mean, some pills are 200mgs these days, so I wonder how they compared

btw pills do seem different but the thing is when we strted in 88 in ws the begining of a youth'cult' and when you wen t out everyone was 'on one' so empthy went with the terrotory now adays i suspect that lots of folk are on different drugs- backk then it was pure high mg mdma and acid maybe a bit of speed. I know that when i stopped taking pills i didnt get the empathy or the rushes and fell asleep at the end of the night where as in 88-94 ....95-97 never needed more than 4 over 24h and loved everyone and would dance witing for the tube with the music in my head.

BTW i can still remember what the snowballs looked like, big burger shape with a sheen on them and not brilliantly pressed ive written bout my experience elsewhere - did a 1/2 one week and ended up at a mates houes with phones on dancing on my own then did 2 in 15mins by accident )time distortion and had a very peculiar time)

Last edited:
Doves <3 my first pill was a red n black or Dennis the menace in 1991