• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pills and paranoia

^ that is an interesting post atom boy. Low levels of serotonin may be caused by a number of things, most notably depression. If you use MDMA regularly (if you mean say weekly or fortnightly), Captin Staunch, then there is a good chance that your serotonin levels are lower than they would be under normal conditions. As for low levels of dopamine, do you use drugs like speed, cocaine reguarly, chronic use of these drugs may account for lower levels of dopamine.
Atom Boys link gives a basic insight into neurotransmitter function in relation to drugs but it is more likely that Captin Staunch's experiences are a result of poor set and setting rather than low levels of dopamine and serotonin. The levels of these neurotransmitters would I suspect, have to be significantly lower than they would be normally (even due to fluctations throughout the day, and other normal fluctations).

I use pills on a weekly/fortnightly basis. I also use speed/ice at times, like once a month say.

I know the cause of my symptoms seems pretty obvious but I've had a pretty good inning of 2 years and all of the sudden I start getting paranoid when taking pills. Maybe time has finally caught up with me.

I would also like to add that I used to post-load with 5-HTP regularly and stopped maybe 4-5 months ago. I've just ordered more the other day and going to start taking them again, as well as taking a bit of a break.

i had something simmilar over new years. probably the scariest night of my life.

i was at a music festival and had taken one pill. I have only done it about 5 times, and this was the first time i was doing relatively sobre.
they were clean so no nasties in them.
some of my mates were just stoned and they started to make me feel uncomfortable.
i suddenly became really aware of myslef and became really self concious and so i headed back to the tents at around 10pm
One of my stoner mates was there and we had a spliff (i wanted it so i could sleep, i don't smoke otherwise)
He then began asking me shitloads of questions about stuff in the past, which completly freaked me out. he was just being a knob, but i took it completly wrong.
i thought there was this massive conspiracy that was happening and i began to really freak out.
i couldn't take it anymore, so i head to my tent to try and sleep.
people from all around the camp site were being loud and i was glued to what everyone was saying. i started talking back to them, but in my mind. i thought they could read my mind or something.
i was getting paranoid about everything. i looked up and swore there were mini video cameras inside the tent.
I thought people were out to kill me and when i heard trucks or bikes nearby, i thought, thats it they're comming.
a mate came in the tent with a flashlight because i was crawling around everywhere, and asks me am i alright, and i told him i was sweet.
when my other mate came back into the tent (i was by myself before this), i thought he was a wild dog next to me because he was snoreing, and i was too terrified to look at him.

the whole night, i stayed in a sort of tranced state, too scared to leave the tent, and too scared to sleep. i probably lost about 5 years of my life just from being so stressed.
In the morning, i was still in the same state. i don't think i had slept, but i still believed everything that i had told myslef. i was awake and stuff still too scared to come out.
Eventually my mates realise this and casually try and get me out.
so yeah i came out and nothing happened. :\

definetly the scariest night of my life. it was a little hard to explain because i couldn't work out what was happening myself.
I promised myself never to touch pills again, but the next night i got drunk and got back on em and had the best night of my life. (although i did black out for around 4 hours 8( )

yeah dunno, just pretty messed up. i'd say i was pretty close to becoming insane.

[Post moved from Night terrors after E? thread. I'm guessing this was intended to be posted here as it's about pills and paranoia. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
MR TIMO, This is getting a little off the thread now, but for what it's worth, combining MDA & THC will give a nice head start in the direction of experiencing some very serious paranoia & loss of perception of time (in particular). It may be the scariest and/or liberating experience of your 'drug-consuming' life!

[Post moved from Night terrors after E? thread. I'm guessing this was intended to be posted here as it's about pills and paranoia. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a bit of a different spin on things.. its probably low seratonin but it gets recycled anyway so.. it might be an increase in seratonin receptors which i guess is a protective measure because every time you drop you overload the receptors currently available. with prolonged use a sort of 'memory' effect takes place where you have alot of these receptors active. unfortunately now when your not rolling there wont be enough seratonin/ 5htp to go around which can lead to paranoia and then i guess eventually into psychosis and if you keep going after that it may become permanent. i think thats how resistance takes place as this memory effect level of receptors has to be reached first.

in the reverse i think thats why ssri's work as they block off the receptors and allow the brain to work with the original level of seratonin/ 5htp. just a theory i have, hope it helps.

Yes I agree that set and setting are important... I try and keep nights out on pills as a special occasion. I try to plan to be with friends who I can trust and are comfortable opening up to... or go out alone if this is not possible. I also plan a really special event or something I will enjoy even if the pills for some reason don't get me high. This I find can make a night really magical and can make the expereince so much deeper and more important.

Being someone who is quite aware of my own feelings and headspace espcially when using drugs I should mention that I find a big difference in the comdown/ or afterglow effects from different substances that can be mixed in pills. I have found it can whole different experience in terms of seedyness, anxiety, paranoia vs a peaceful feeling afterglow when there are MDE, MDA, meth(amphetamine), Ketamine in pills. Seeing as it is difficult if not impossible to pick up an MDE + MDMA pill with current testing reagents... the unfortunate truth is that it is difficult to know before hand if your pill is containing only MDMA as the active ingredient. :(

Last edited: