• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Pillreports running slow?

Yes - its been like that for the past week or so. Some people are unable to log on, others (including myself) have a huge delay trying to do anything.

Were not really sure what is causing this and as we have no tech support ATM were a bit stuck.

It was the traceworks domain screwing it, every page seems to have some kind of tracking on it. My netpanel showed stl.a.p1.traceworks.com hanging all the time. Seems to have sorted itself now.

The problem is the traceworks one. ^ like he said. Traceworks is still hanging.

Still really slow but better than it has been for the past week.

Not any better at all. Hangs like crazy still on the a1.traceworks hop. Just remove traceworks or fix it.

Not any better at all. Hangs like crazy still on the a1.traceworks hop. Just remove traceworks or fix it.

Did you read my comment above yours? I'm having the same problems as you - If I could 'just' remove traceworks or fix it do you not think that I would have done so before now :D

PR as always been slow for me but these days its REALLY SLOW

Until this traceworks problem showed up the site was working fine - shouldn't have had any delays/lags etc.

When I was doing a bit of digging I found that this problem happened before (2009)

It was suggested that if you do a DOS override you can remove the traceworks thing - I am unable to do this ATM but we have our system admin on the case now :)

1) Locate your Host File -> c: \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

2) Rightclick -> Properties and uncheck "Read Only"

3) Open this file in Notepad

4) In this file, you'll see a list of IP Addresses (left column) and Domain Names (right column).

5) Add "127.0.0.1 stl.p.a1.traceworks.com" at the bottom of this list.

6) file->save

7) Reboot

This will be getting addressed today - if anyone is interested if you install peerblock the traceworks delay is removed.

Sorry about this guys, Traceworks has gone bellyup so making the removal of it a bit trickier :.

The issue has been resolved.

Pill Reports should now run as per normal.

Apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

If you still experience issues you'll need to flush your internet cache :)

I havent been able to log in to Moderate in days, i hope someones handling the North American threads. im not sure if its my phone web, or a problem with the site. i hope it resolves itself quickly :/

Hey FB, I didn't notice much difference then I saw marley's suggestion. I access PR on my iPad most of the time so I cleared my search history and rebooted and its almost back to 100% for me. Searches are still taking a few extra seconds but everything else is back to normal so try powering your phone down and see if that helps.

Nope, didnt work. i guess ill access the site on a desktop or ipad. i hope someones modding ;/