Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill VS Mood

Nickstar

Bluelighter
Ok fellow bluelighters… and greenlighters of course. Been reading a lot about the good pills, or what people believe to be the good pills around. You get the usual ‘it was sick mate’ and then a few people rebutting and saying no it was too smacky, it was MDEA, it was K, it was MDA the list goes on unfortunately. I don’t think I have really ever seen a pill that has had every single person agree that it was great – that they all had their ideal MDMA experience. But of course this is good because we can’t always all agree, right?
Ok but this also brings me to my point, we now have people, with powers beyond mine, who can determine exactly whats in a pill as if they were sniffer dogs. “Oh yeah it was good - pretty sure it was 45% MDMA, roughly 33.54mg and about 22mg of K and I think there was a little MDEA in there too”. I think I am only exaggerating slightly
smile.gif
The HQ debate is what seems to have me bewildered the most, there may well be two batches, but these pills must be rippers. They have MDMA, MDEA, MDA, K and 2CB – absolute blinders so I have heard – well they must be with all that in them. (If you view this under a blacklight you’ll notice the hidden [sarcasm] tags.)
My explanation for all this is the age-old set and setting that combines to make your mood. I remember going to clubs when drinking alcohol (which seems to be a more consistent drug than ecstasy) or straight and a lot of the time I would have a great night, other times you just wouldn’t feel like doing much cause you weren’t in the right mood, or you weren’t pumped. I don’t remember complaining to people that the beer wasn’t up to standard though
smile.gif
. From what I have read MDMA enhances your mood – it doesn’t instantly make you into a loved up, rushing fool.
Of course from what I read on Dancesafe the quality of pills has dropped dramatically – we can all agree on that. But we really don’t know what is in pills when they test black nowadays and I think it should be left at how you felt the pill was not trying to guess as to what is in it, because how can we all really know if its MDEA or K or not when most of us, myself included, wouldn’t know what these drugs felt like anyway? If we go out thinking a pill has all this crap in it you can normally convince yourself. Placebo is more powerful than any drug.
The E2 will resolve some of this hopefully but I’d like to know what other people think about this and again its all hypothetical because we really do know less about ecstasy than we think. And for all you year 12's. Discuss in no more than 100 words
smile.gif
[This message has been edited by Nickstar (edited 21 November 2000).]

topic sentence:
I fully agree with you nickstar!
supporting argument:
same party, same night, same pill, taking care of all variable bar the different person and their mood factor. We all took the same pills (can't remeber thier name anymore, most of my friends went off!!, great fun, I didn't feel much all.
Conclusion:
Prolly didn't feel much due to the stress that afternoon of having to get them all organised (I can't help it,I stress about those things
frown.gif
)
this message is prolly more than 100 words, can't be bothered to count and I'm not in yr 12 anyway
smile.gif

yeah i've had two halves of the same pill and had hugely different nights.
one half was eaten at an uneventfull doof.
the other half had me running around in a red velvet suit discussing conflict resolution with bouncers and meeting lovely new ppl(perhaps cornering would be more appropiate eh fataliss? :p)
who here has had pure mdma anyway

Ive had pure mdma quite a few times over the last how many years.
I do believe that the above argument has some important points...mood does play a large part. My point is that of course you are going to have a better night in a club on an E, than sitting at home by yourself on an E.
BUT...this does not count for why some people think the pills are smacky, and others dont.
HQ's would not be 'clean' pills for some people, and smacky for others. Rather, some people can differentiate between pure mdma experiences and mdxx experiences, and others can not.
This isnt putting anyone down or anything. HQs are fucking fun pills. However, i still get the same basic effects whether i'm having a mad night, or whether i'm having a shithouse night...and thats either (as reported prev.) mdea/mda/k/other things mixed.
HQs are not A-grade imports. They might well be imports, but theyre not A-grade.

There are some interesting points being made here. I wholeheartedly agree that mood/environment affects the effects of the pills we lovingly call E. I've had such varied experiences with the same pills. There have been a number of times where i've decided not to drop anything because i was in a fucked mood - annoyed, anxious, whatever. Why waste it.
Something I wouldn't mind getting some opinions of is the notion of black is good - orange is not good. Or the "on-your-arse" vs "up-and-at-'em" pills. I used to like the surprise of not knowing what a pill was like.
Now before you call me irresponsible I understand both the financial and health aspects of testing pills - but sometimes I prefer to relegate that responsibility to a friend who will then just say "yeah take it you'll have fun" without me having know how long it took for the pill scraping to react with the testing solution...and therefore anticipating what will happen rather than just letting it happen. Not expecting that because it tests black that it will be better than something that tests orange. Hell there are times I like orange (i'm thinking white smiley and white caspers from January!!).
So my point? Yes it's important to test pills but let's not get too caught up in the minutae of every ingredient: it starts to sound a lot like addiction and desperation. Remember that drugs are meant to be FUN!

I think set and setting also applies to MDMA. But I remember when Blue Dolphins were popular and almost everyone except for one all agreed it was a magical E pill