Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill Testing in Australia- Making Ecstasy test kits culture

I know someone that bought an EZ-Test about 2 years ago from:
Eastern Echos
Coolangatta, QLD.
If they don't have any, they normally order in anything like that.

I know they now sell EZ testers (or a similar product) at "Bong-o-mania" in Windsor.
Pinger, great post, from my first experience casually wandering through Bluelight, you have been the most helpful and sensible person i've met.
Harm minimisation 0wns!!

okies... just a question for the peeps who do test their gear. when you buy more than one pill of the same kind, do you test every pill or just one from the batch?
personally i only test one of each batch from each purchase.
just curious

Lucas: I only test 1 from each batch. Never thought about testing every pill...

When I do purchase, I usually test 2-3 out of 5 on average. Not that I buy many, many months in between pills for me ;)

places to buy pill testers in sydney:
Central station records - darlinghurst (EZ-test and ez-test x-treme)
Reachin records - darlinghurst (E1/marquis and E2/mandelin)
In Denial - Glebe (E1/marquis and E2/mandelin)
The Inn of the Sixth Happiness - Manly, aka the manly bong shop, but I think you'll find its official name much more rewarding :) (EZ-test, not sure if they have the x-treme)

I've just purchased the mandelin tester recently after procrastinating for too long a time (i only get to the city once in a while). You guys can really make sense sometimes and i just want to find out whats the difference between brands? is there any tester that stands above the rest? any hints i need to know bout testing thats not in the instruction?
Thanks for helpin a poor fool like myself become much safer and mor e informed towards my usage. :)

discurio, there is really no difference between brands as they all are using the same chemicals to show the pretty colours (ahh, black, the shade of happiness ;) )
If you want a higher need for accuracy what you'd need to do is get the three main testing chemicals, that is, marquis reagent, simon's reagent and robadope.
These in combination can tell you more exactly what chems you are dealing with.
Well, some things to take into account is:
1. Don't let the reagents touch your skin, these are nasty things.
2. The tester only tells you if a certain chem is there, not how much.
3. When testing the best thing to do is take a small scaping from the middle of the pill.
Rave safe, rave hard.

Most people never bother scraping from the middle of the pill tho... Do you think pill makers will get smart and start "coating" sugar pills in MDMA, so that only the outside of it is the good stuff?

I am a strong believer that you should use at least mandelin (E1) and marquis (E2) together. The more information you can get, the less likely you are to mistake a bunk pill for an mdxx pill. My logic in this is that while it's not impossible to fool both testers, giving you a false indication of what's in your pill, it's a lot harder. I honestly don't think you get enough information from mandelin or marquis alone, so use them both :)

I was always under the impression that E1=marquis and E2=mandelin reagents, respectively... not having used them personally though, I don't know for certain. I've always gone for EZ-test brand.
BigTrancer :)

Originally posted by Fetish Jester:
When testing the best thing to do is take a small scaping from the middle of the pill.
Thats a good point actually, given the discussion about how the ingredients in a pill can be distributed un-evenly, what is the best way to take a sample from a pill for testing ?
Is the middle really the best ?
[ 19 July 2002: Message edited by: Sniff ]

It may not appear to be that common, but it is; The habit of putting pills into bags containing other pills or even speed. If they have been carried in a pocket or crunched up, it is quite easy for the outer of the pill to become contaminated with whatever was in the bag.
So always check the inner part if possible

Awesome thread! I pretty much always test but this thread has reminded me exactly why.
The perfect example was the afore mentioned pink hearts, saved me from munching them :)
I think going pro active with testers and trying to encourage others is a worthy enterprise although i see the near imposibility of it.
I myself have friends (use the term loosely) that don't want to know whats in it, as long as it is cheap and kicks, sadly they often do get kicked. It has got to the point where i just cant try any more as i get too frustrated. :( At least they now know and have made their own decision about it.
Melbourne 'Off Ya Tree's'
Bottem level Highpoint shopping center - Footscray/St Albans
191 Smith St - Collingwood
249 Swanston st - city, easy walk from flinders.
Also think there is more - check local phone directory.

I wish I could give more information on Perth stores that sell testing kits, but unfortunately Joynt Venture (2 outlets, Perth and Fremantle) is the ONLY store that stocks them at all.
I am not sure about the rest of the country but as far as I know, here in Western Australia testing kits are actually illegal (this is what I have been told by the WA Department of Health). Therefore Joynt Venture is going out on a limb to be putting them in their shopcase cabinets. But for the largest smoking paraphernalia store in the state, it's not such a huge leap from other "borderline" items in their shopfront wares...

I have worked with people in contemporary and influential areas within the Western Australian Department of Health who are mad keen on the idea of selling chemical testing kits (especially at raves, dance parties and nightclubs), but sadly their hands are tied by State Government policies and drug strategies that prevent the sale or promotion of such kits.
*shakes head sadly*

There is still alot of people whop do not test their pills, but I think it's mainly because they just don't care about themselves. I try to tell people to test their stuff and all I get is "yeah yeah, I know I know, I should test" I give up! Now that I don't do it as much I kinda don't care, if I tell them once and they dont listen I wont bother again.
I have noticed though, some people you tell them about it and they go and buy a tester the next day, but some you can tell them forever and they will never get one.

Testing Kits are NOT illegal anywhere in Australia.
I know someone from a department of health somewhere may have told you something, or even was perhaps quoted in a newspaper sowhere but it just isn't true. Trust me on this, if it was I'd know. Not because I'm a know it all, it's just that I'm very good friends with the people who make kits in Australia, and overseas for that mater, and if there was the slightest chance that an actual law was being passed banning them we'd know about it.
What is probably the case is that the health departments strongly dissaprove of them, and say they are of no use, or even dangerous, but they do not have the legislative power by themselves to make something illegal.