• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

pill poppers of the 50s, questions

crazyface said:
why so many speed/tranq combos? theres probly some sort of synergistic effect (speedball-esque) but it still seems like youre defeating the purpose of both drugs with each other.

~crazyface

I don't really know for sure. But, it sounds like they used to like mixing the two, so one could stay awake without having to suffer from the typical anxiety that is usually felt from amphetamines.

davids said:
The soldiers pill:

A short time later, Kiel pharmacologist Gerhard Orzechowski presented Heye with a pill code-named D-IX. It contained five milligrams of cocaine, three milligrams of Pervitin (Methamphetamine and five milligrams of Eukodal (a morphine-based painkiller).-(Percocet)

I really think it was 5 GRAMS of Cocaine, not 5 milligrams. The pill was meant to be taken orally, and you need such a high dosage to get effects from Coke orally...

jasoncrest said:
I really think it was 5 GRAMS of Cocaine, not 5 milligrams. The pill was meant to be taken orally, and you need such a high dosage to get effects from Coke orally...
That would be one big pill, no its got to be right 5mg

Its gotta be 5 mg. Its just a tiny boost.... remember there are like 4 drugs in the pill.

you would absolutely die if you consumed 5g of cocaine in a pill...and the pill would be at least half a golf ball.

is 5mg cocaine oral even threshold? or were these soldiers taking 10-20 of these pills

Desoxyn still around maybe in the us but nevr heard of anyone anywhere getting it. i am pretty damn sure you can't get it in Australia; only dexamphetamine and d-amphetamine SO4
didn't used to be able to get cocaine pills

fuck soo amyn drugs i'll never get to try like barbs. wonder if they were worse than benzos for ya. i heard of someone gettin barbs in a phyc ward the other day not sure if its true but barb may still be used in australia by doctors.
would love to find some junkies stash form 1965. with all this drug enforcement and law what have the governements achieved (epsecially the US) i HATE the US govnerment forcing out good drugs and pressuring other nations i cant wait for someone to fight back against the USA and win so other governements can make up there own minds on drugs and not be pressured by the fuckin US.
Get thread just read throught the whole things again. good history lesson indeed.

I would love to go back to that time period, just for the legal shrooms, acid, etc. But...adding all those pills in the mix makes me want to invent a time machine or something. I would rob a pill factory for sure, think about the low security they had back in the day!!!

there's an article in a thread on bluelight, it's an article from the 50s or something about pill addicts of the day. this one woman was obsessively cutting the Desputals in half. one half of the pill, yellow, being the methamphetamine. the other half being secobarbital. she discarded the sedative portions. those are the ones i want, real, real bad. you could cut them in half and take them at different times but i would just eat them as is

Last edited: