Pics of musicians

216792_10150215890093619_1406756_n.jpg

my arm and daniel johnston

fuck, i would kill to see daniel johnston live!

Imma do a Nick Cave post here. The squeamish need avert their eyes.

With The Boys Next Door
Boys-Next-Door-nick-cave-9094654-567-372_zpsbac7940f.jpg

With The Birthday Party
birthdayparty_zps5c1ea9dc.jpg

With Blixa Bargeld in the early Bad Seeds era
birthdayparty2_zps5ba75e72.jpg

With Warren Ellis in the later Bad Seeds era
badseeds_zps8603240f.jpg

This exercise taught me all Nick Cave's projects until Grinderman start w/ the letter "B."

^ Nick Cave did an incredible job on The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford's sound track score also if you didn't know or hadn't seen the movie

Plus the scene of him singing that ol Jesse James song in the bar is one of my favorite of the movie, it was super over looked too, unfortunately, but I can understand why going up against There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men that year

If you haven't seen it, I urge you too soon
Hardly any action I guess for a western as you could call it but some amazing dialogue, awesome acting, really sweet cinematography and incredible sound track

But why am I discussing ghey ass f&t again, I must be turning owly-sexual

^ Nick Cave did an incredible job on The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford's sound track score also if you didn't know or hadn't seen the movie

Plus the scene of him singing that ol Jesse James song in the bar is one of my favorite of the movie, it was super over looked too, unfortunately, but I can understand why going up against There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men that year

If you haven't seen it, I urge you too soon
Hardly any action I guess for a western as you could call it but some amazing dialogue, awesome acting, really sweet cinematography and incredible sound track

But why am I discussing ghey ass f&t again, I must be turning owly-sexual

Goin' over to the darkside, eh Bill? Resist conversion.

I have seen The Assassination.... and enjoyed it, despite being in the middle of a Sergio Leone phase. Still, the lack of action didn't bother me b/c I was so taken w/ the dark atmosphere around that flick. I think Nick Cave and Warren Ellis' work played a major part in the fomenting of that atmosphere. But w/ all the hype around Johnny Greenwood's work for There Will Be Blood (which was great, and of a similar, but more textural, nature), I can see how it was not given the nod it deserved.

But that's more F&T taboo talking.

Arguably the most important member of any grunge/punk band, the dilapidated touring van. This one belonged to The Melvins.

MelVan_zps2caf3fd9.jpg

Flying the Flag