• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(Pics) How to fully dry out poppy tea concentrate?

TC2000

Greenlighter
I washed a half pound of seeds with isopropyl, it got all the good stuff right away. All visible isopropyl has been evaporated, and I'm left with just this moist, tarry product. Its been maintained under a fan for about two hours now, since the last of the liquid disappeared.

Will it dry out on its own, or do I need to do some pressing/other stuff to it?

Edit: not sure how to attach a pic. It appears as though it's dry but it's squishy to the touch; when I did this before with water and a smaller amount, it was flaky and kind of kief-y when it was completely dried.

Last edited:
could be using iso instead of water stripped a lot of the oils, fats etc. from the seeds along with your goodies leaving your end product gummy?

From what I understand water is the best method for washing seeds.

What concentration of isopropanol were you using? There could still be water in there, and that stuff's a bitch to evaporate.

Isopropanol is good at dissolving more fat-soluble stuff, so it most likely took some of that with it and the oily stuff is what makes your end product appear "not dry". Anyway, morphine and friends are freely soluble in water, so there's no reason to use isopropanol. I would even think that water works better than iso. And no, water is not that hard to get rid of with a fan and low humidity.