• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

physchoactive peptides?

P

peptides

Hi everyone

The idea of this thread is to create a giant thread about possible or known psychoactive peptides. I've searched through the forums and only found a few relevant things. I was wondering if anyone knows of any peptides which produce any psychoactive effects (stimulant, opioid, cannabinoid or hallucinogenic etc). Also preferably ones which do not require direct injection to the brain (in other words can be taken through various ROA, intranasal, iv, intrarectal, subbuccal etc).

I have seen about dermorphin (an opioid), but it seems sketchy. There is also another peptide called DADLE which binds to mu and delta receptors. There are lots of opioid peptides, there has to be some which can be taken intranasally and have an effect surely.

Also something like Phenylalanine-glycine, would it produce effects similar to stimulants (being similar to amphetamine etc). And of course tryptophan containing peptides having a similar effect to dmt etc. Or evenother peptides which may produce other effects.

Exogenous peptides in general are not very psychoactive because of their high polarity and difficulty crossing the BBB. The peptide Phe-Gly would not cause a stimulant type effect. It would not get into the brain, and even if it did it would very likely not be taken up into dopamine neurons by DAT. It could possibly (but unlikely) act as a reuptake inhibitor, but it would need to get into the brain first.

I'm not too sure how people take peptide opioids and get an effect from it. Maybe they are being actively transported into the brain.

Popular peptides like Semax and Selank seem to act on δ-opioid receptors and definitely cause an effect. And Dermorphin (μ-opioid receptor agonist) seems to work just fine in animals as well? Haven't read any human reports about that one.