• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

Fucking photobucket... it was showing at first. Okay I put them on imgur... remind me to use imgur from now on, so much nicer.

thanks for sharing, Xorkoth. particularly like the shots from your camp site at night. have an SE as well. when i first got it a spent a good chunk of the day recording window-light dust in 4k.

no formal training or experience beyond a high school photography class, keeping. wasn't long ago i couldn't figure out why people put so much emphasis on the 1:x number after a lens's focal length.

one of the other photos i was considering for the urban decay theme ...

taken with a bronica sq-ai and 80mm lens. on kodak portra 400. is a crazy looking camera that uses medium format film. will follow up with a photo of the camera.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them! :) Here are some others, from years ago when I first got my Nikon 3200D:

NSFW:

A little mite who is approaching what is, for him, a yawning chasm:

MXnkHPc.jpg

This one is a glass of water that's vibrating from me stomping on the deck... it has a metal grate underneath it for some color/texture.

Z6lRZcN.jpg

The rest are photos of some of my art. I was selling my art for a few years before I got back into music, and I took a lot of photos of it, made all my print photos myself. But these are mostly closeups of small sections of some pieces. The first one below is a photo of a piece through water, I took a glass bowl and filled it with water and put it on the piece, and tapped it with a straw to make ripples.

xso8jiO.jpg

KGNjWR6.jpg

ngzVhPs.jpg

Fn0gSBm.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. :) That photo is from very close up, the entire piece is about 6 inches by 6 inches on a wood block and that photo represents only a small part of the whole thing.

Finally figured out where my photos with effects were stored on my iPhone... so I wanted to post some additional pictures from my Colorado trip that I really liked, where I used the Noir filter effects:

NSFW:

Slhz6cc.jpg

bbY9YxU.jpg

oPliSIh.jpg

uyBSr6P.jpg

tKyp9EM.jpg

A7ermZk.jpg

Those are AMAZING dude :) did you use a special app or just the iPhone camera?

Just the iPhone camera, there are 9 filters, or 8 really since one is no filter, and one of them is called Noir. It takes the craziest black and whites, not sure what it does exactly but I love how it looks. :)

While I was cleaning my office, I just found my missing 16GB flash drive that contains a whole shit ton of pictures I couldn't find. :) Maybe I'll post some if there are cool ones.

Okay here are some photos, they're all from a day or two in summer 2013 when I was playing with my Nikon 3200D digital camera. They're all just raw from the camera.

These first one are where I took some photos from behind a bough of pine needles, focusing on the pine needles as close as possible and then moving closer without refocusing. The result is that everything is blurry and soft and sort of looks like a heavily Photoshopped picture or a painting:

NSFW:

IKirZmT.jpg

p77Z86B.jpg

Here are some photos of animals. The first one is one of my cats:

NSFW:

04b7s48.jpg

mYPBRG2.jpg

For this one I had to spend a long time with these butterflies, gradually they came closer to me and let me adjust myself over them so that eventually I got this picture:
6HH7T32.jpg

wyKGXIy.jpg

These last ones are photos of water. I changed my exposure speed to very quick to try to capture the water how it looks in a split second, frozen in time, as it fell down this maybe 6 inch to 1 foot tall waterfall:

NSFW:

P1hqD6n.jpg

I took this picture sideways:
vTtYKgU.jpg

xuR7xr0.jpg

For this one I changed the exposure speed to much slower and tried to capture the movement of the reflections off the surface of the water:
btwZplg.jpg

Great pictures Xorkoth. iPhone image filters are pretty nice out of the box. The water pictures are almost 3D.

beaut pics xorky ;p
so cool to see the water droplets frozen in space like that, great cat pic as well, it looks deep in thought

Great pictures Xorkoth. iPhone image filters are pretty nice out of the box. The water pictures are almost 3D.

Thanks guys! Actually these are from my Nikon 3200D, not my iPhone. But I do agree with what you said. :)

such awesome photos guys! always love coming back here and checking out the talent, particularly loving xorkoth's and hydro's most recent pics at the mo :D

There are some real nice pics in this thread! I wish my photography skills were as good as some of the BLers in here.

i've been taking but not finishing photos for too long. getting back into it. goal is finish one photo a day. here's todays ...

impossible project film through an sx-70

i probably will get more selective about sharing in this thread once i'm back in my groove, but for now today's photo ...

tumblr_p3jecwptLs1v9quoao1_1280.jpg

taken with the nikon lite touch / af-600. a hip shot, 28mm lens helping me get the subject. with flash. pretty sure the film is expired kodak ultramax 400 where i scraped the dx coding to overexpose one stop, but i have to find the negative to confirm that. is cropped to cinema ratio 1.85:1.

yesterday's went in the fashion thread. today's photo ...

tumblr_p3nbazQVjq1v9quoao1_1280.jpg

cinestill 800t through an olympus xa. cinestill 800 is one of my favorite film stocks.

yesterday's photo ...

impossible project spectra film through macro 5 sir

today's ...

kentmere 400 through nikon af-600. autofocused missed by i still like it.

yesterday's went in the fashion thread. today's photo ...

tumblr_p3nbazQVjq1v9quoao1_1280.jpg

cinestill 800t through an olympus xa. cinestill 800 is one of my favorite film stocks.
love it.

yesterday's photo ...

impossible project spectra film through macro 5 sir

today's ...

kentmere 400 through nikon af-600. autofocused missed by i still like it.

nice, the second picture really shines with joy. I like the shadowing and graininess but just the emotion! lovely stuff.

57DmVQz.jpg

Just getting my photo legs back. Traveled to the farthest reaches of...my driveway, but I'm going to put my Cannon A-1 back together. More to come.