• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Phlegm in throat from Meth

killercristal

Greenlighter
So this is kinda weird and gross, but when I do hot rails(best way to explain it for those who don't know-heating up a glass stem and snorting ice which turns it from solid to a gas/smoke), I get this HIDEOUS sore throat with this like phlegm(flem) stuff that tastes so hideous if I try getting it out of my throat it makes me gag and throw up. The other weird thing about it is, it's like has grains or tiny chunks of something in it that gives it a horrible texture to top it off.. Like it's so bad, I dread coughing, and sometimes when it's really caked on there I have to be careful with the way I breathe because it like irritates it, then I have to gag and puke for 20 min till I can get the remains and taste of it out of my mouth. I only notice it when I start doing hot rails, but I'm open to ideas on what it could be from, or links to other posts that might help me solve my dilemma. Thank you.!:)

Cud be caused by a cut, or dehydration. Probably dehydration and you're tweaking.

Stop doing hot rails if they primarily cause it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this happens after you've been going for a while, yeah? I get the same thing from a combination of PO and IN administration of pressed speed pills; it doesn't always happen, only when I dose high/go for more than an evening, but I get a general congestion of my airways I can only attribute to cut, dehydration, and rebound congestion.

This is what I read:

"Dear Bluelight,

For the life of me I can not figure out this confounding problem I seem to be having. I get this phlegm in the back of my throat but it is a complete mystery to me as to why I get it. I mean for the life of me it is a mystery. I enjoy snorting burning hot gas meth from a heated glass pipe as a hobby and this phlegm thingy is really getting in the way of that! It gets so bad I even throw UP! If only I could figure out what was causing this I could get back to my hobby and live in peace. Thank you in advance for helping me solve this perplexing dilemma I find myself in!

Signed,
Woefully Confused... :(

Facepalm_(1).png

^yeah, being a dick aside and all, I don't hotrail and have similar reactions.

Actually, fuck it, what's with the attitude, man? Are you like this in real life, or does the internet allow you some sort of dissociation from the human on the other end so you can treat them like shit for asking a simple question?

Too much time in the military, I tend to be more than blunt. Kind of a prick.

Also... I mean seriously? In any healthy human's mind there has to be a part of you that says: "are you fucking kidding me?" When a person asks why they have phlegm and get nauseous from smoking meth, much less hot railing it.

It is called cause and effect.

If you're going to simplify the cause to "you took a fucking drug" i don't know what youre doing on these forums, in all honesty.

Too much time in the military, I tend to be more than blunt. Kind of a prick.

Also... I mean seriously? In any healthy human's mind there has to be a part of you that says: "are you fucking kidding me?" When a person asks why they have phlegm and get nauseous from smoking meth, much less hot railing it.

It is called cause and effect.

yea your being a dick, that isnt cause and effect it isnt listed really anywhere... stfu if you dont have anything insightful. ANd in my experience I have not had that happen to me.

Dear lord...

Do I have to spell it out? You are severely irritating your nasal and esophageal passageways The bodies response mechanism is to produce more phlegm. Any heavy amount of mucosal discharge constantly flowing down the back of your throat does two things: run over your gag reflex and upset your stomach causing nausea. This is not rocket science and it is not me making fun of people for "you took a drug" it should be COMMON SENSE. It has little to do with the drug itself this would happen with any number of chemicals that damage the body in a similar manner.

I mean if we wanna go there, what "normal healthy" human decides to up and do meth.?! I'm typically and IV user, but this thread was created to connect with others who have this problem and possibly find something to prevent or at least reduce it.

and to reply to your previous reply, I will never understand why on these forms you'll find an addict who just wants to be an ass rather than help someone who is just like them. People get chronic sore throats from smoking-and still do it. People disintegrate their septum from snorting too much-and still do it. People blow all their veins and drive themselves nearly insane trying to find a vein-but still shoot up. I haven't found any way of doing any drug that doesn't have some sort of long-term or short-term complication. But through people who post positive and helpful replies instead of negative ones, I've come across a lot of ways to prevent, help, or at least prolong some of the problems.
So, if you have any helpful advice, please feel free to share it. And if not, then you're wasting your time on this post anyways.
Thanks.

AND FOR ANYONE WHO CAME ON THIS THREAD LOOKING FOR HELP FOR THIS:
I started drinking a shit ton of water. Like, I always have a water bottle with me at all times even if I'm not smoking,hot railing, ect., just taking sips every-so-often, because if you're anything like me, you don't eat or drink jack shit when you're high, so it sucked at first but I had to force myself just to take sips every few minutes, and after it started helping my body didn't fight against it as much. It didn't completely fix it, but it helped quite a bit, and I'm also an IV user(most preferred method) so it helps a shit ton when I go to shoot up, and of course helps with the hideous dry mouth I used to get, and the sore tongue that I would sometimes get. It's a great thing to do that helps multiple things.

Hope this helped.:)

HAHAHA
I'm sorry this happens a lot.
all you have to do is try and smoke much more meth than you did last time.

or try some of that throat spray shit,

HAHAHA
I'm sorry this happens a lot.
all you have to do is try and smoke much more meth than you did last time.

or try some of that throat spray shit,

Even though I know you're joking, someone might take you seriously and believe that "smoking more meth" is really a good idea. Just something to keep in mind.

I've done thousands of hot rails and I never experienced this.

Using any throat spray just contains a numbing cocaine analogue such as benzocaine or lidocaine which will not prevent anything, it will only make a problem masked and allow it to progress until it's a serious medical issue. It's a bandaid for a gunshot wound. If you're body is reacting so negatively to hot rails, here's a crazy idea, maybe your body is suffering immensely when you tweak like this?

Extremely experienced former user.
$0.02

It has to be from something it's cut with, from something the meth is made with, being dehydrated or from lack of food, or possibly your route of administration of the drug.

I've never used meth, or even street speed/amphetamine. I never noticed this when I was prescribed low doses of Dexedrine/Adderall I took orally. I did get a dry mouth though which was annoying but I would just drink water, and eat even though sometimes I did not want to.

Last edited:
^Interesting point, is it possible you're lacking the necessary hydration and nutrition to keep tweaking without imminent medical catastrophe?