View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

philosphers stones

gerrard56

Greenlighter
hi i recently bought some truffles - Philosphers Stones, it has an expiry date of a month on them ? should i follow this, how can i prolong? freezing ?

cheers

I don't know but this is the first I've heard anyone mention of them other than my friend many years ago.

I think he said they have DMT in them.

Do you know if they are regular psilocybin mushrooms or do in fact, have DMT in them?

What makes them different from typical psilocybin mushrooms?

I would say freezing it will be the best method for preserving it indefinitely. When you thaw it out, it might be a messy goo, but at least the psilocybin will be intact. You might have to throw it in a smoothie or something to eat it at that point.

You could also dry it out. Try slicing the truffles, and spreading them out to dry. Once they are quite dry, put them in a container with some dessicant to pull the last bits of moisture out of them. Make sure the truffle slices never physically touch the dessicant, or they will absorb some of the chemical and they will become inedible. After they are bone crispy dry, store them in a cool dark and bone dry place.

Mycophile: I don't know anything about this variety of truffle, but I'm quite certain they will simply contain good old psilocybin.

Hiya they have psilocybe tampanensis whatever that is

Psilocybe tampanensis is the binomial nomenclature (name) of the mushroom/truffle. They contain psilocin and psilocybin just like other magic mushrooms. As for storage i think the best way would be dry the truffle out completely store them in an airtight container and freeze.

Dry and freeze - just cutting them up and leaving them won't really dry them tho. You need to put a fan over them for 8-12 hours, then freeze. Even better dry em, then grind them in a coffee grinder, capsule and freeze them - they'll last upwards of 20 years years then.

Cut them up before drying, that way you won't have to grind rock-hard stuff. And when you decide to thaw them for use you can just rehydrate them in water, no need to turn them into a powder to be able to ingest.

Cut them up before drying, that way you won't have to grind rock-hard stuff. And when you decide to thaw them for use you can just rehydrate them in water, no need to turn them into a powder to be able to ingest.

no,you don't have to grind them, but mushrooms/sclerotia are made of chitin and any help in getting it into your system more quickly is a plus.
the absolute best way, ime, to get a strong trip on shrooms is to frappe fresh shrooms and drink the slurry.
the second best way is to grind the dried ones and cap.