• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Phillip Schofield

Accusing people of rape without evidence is very Not Cool. It trivialises the experiences of real survivors, and decreases the likelihood that they will be believed.

Phillip Schofield may have many things wrong with him but in the absence of evidence, he is not a rapist -- and just glibly calling him one is belittling anybody who has ever been raped. A false accusation of sexual assault is probably the one thing that can ruin a person's life as severely as actually being sexually assaulted.

I'm not defending the man; far from it. But if nobody deserves to be sexually assaulted, then they can't possibly deserve to be falsely accused of it either. Everyone has to be judged against exactly the same standards, however much you may dislike them.

And I'm not trying to glum anybody down or kill anybody's buzz with any cliché'd "Millie Tant" ball-breaking anti-humour crusade or anything like that. No, really, I'm not. I just hope you'll never be unfortunate enough to find out for yourselves just how glummed down you would be, if a member of your family was falsely accused of sexual assault, with no basis in fact, simply because somebody disliked them.

Oh I wondered what this was all about. I'm way behind on my celeb gossip.

Accusing people of rape without evidence is very Not Cool. It trivialises the experiences of real survivors, and decreases the likelihood that they will be believed.

Phillip Schofield may have many things wrong with him but in the absence of evidence, he is not a rapist -- and just glibly calling him one is belittling anybody who has ever been raped. A false accusation of sexual assault is probably the one thing that can ruin a person's life as severely as actually being sexually assaulted.

I'm not defending the man; far from it. But if nobody deserves to be sexually assaulted, then they can't possibly deserve to be falsely accused of it either. Everyone has to be judged against exactly the same standards, however much you may dislike them.

And I'm not trying to glum anybody down or kill anybody's buzz with any cliché'd "Millie Tant" ball-breaking anti-humour crusade or anything like that. No, really, I'm not. I just hope you'll never be unfortunate enough to find out for yourselves just how glummed down you would be, if a member of your family was falsely accused of sexual assault, with no basis in fact, simply because somebody disliked them.

Bit deep isn't it? And who mentioned rape,?

You did. Paedophilia ⊂ rape. And unavoidably deep because it's really not a joking matter. Only takes one tree to make a thousand matches; only takes one match to burn a thousand trees.

Other way around! It takes thousand militants to make a tant. A thousand tants would be a kilotant. And you wouldn't want to be near one of those when it went off .....

Other way around! It takes thousand militants to make a tant. A thousand tants would be a kilotant. And you wouldn't want to be near one of those when it went off .....

Oops, my bad. I blame the vodka. 'Kilotant' - brilliant =D