• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Philip Seymour Hoffman Autopsy Reveals Actor Died of Toxic Drug Mix

Mr.Scagnattie

Bluelighter
[h=1]Philip Seymour Hoffman Autopsy Reveals Actor Died of Toxic Drug[/h]Philip Seymour Hoffman Autopsy Reveals Actor Died of Toxic Drug Mix

By Miriam ColemanMarch 1, 2014 1:21 PM ET

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...died-of-toxic-drug-mix-20140301#ixzz2uky1Fl00
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Philip Seymour Hoffman died accidentally from "acute mixed drug intoxication," the New York City medical examiner announced on Friday, according to the Los Angeles Times. Heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines and amphetamines were all found in the actor's system.
Cameron Crowe on How Philip Seymour Hoffman Became Lester Bangs
Hoffman was found dead at the age of 46 in his New York City apartment on February 2nd. Police investigators said at the time that the actor had a syringe in his arm, and packets of what was believed to be heroin nearby. An initial autopsy had failed to determine the official cause of death, so the medical examiner's office performed further toxicology tests.
Four people were arrested on drug charges in early February in connection with Hoffman's death. During a raid on the apartment of Robert Vineburg, a 57-year-old musician who had been an acquaintance of Hoffman's, police seized more than 350 bags of heroin.
Hoffman had been open about his past struggles with addiction. He entered rehab last May when he relapsed with heroin after staying clean for 23 years.
A funeral for the beloved actor, who won an Academy Award for his portrayal of the writer Truman Capote in the 2005 film Capote, was held at St. Ignatius Loyola church in Manhattan on February 7th.
[h=3][/h]

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...died-of-toxic-drug-mix-20140301#ixzz2ukxcTgHv

He entered rehab last May when he relapsed with heroin after staying clean for 23 years.

Wow, that makes the whole situation even sadder. He was always a junkie, deep down and he relapsed like all addicts sometimes do.

But that is so brutal, he was clean for 23 years and then OD after about a year of using it sounds like.

So sad, he had so many more great years left.

Damn.. cant imagine how deep this guy was into the dark dark hole of addiction..

May he rest in peace

That's very sad. I had a feeling he had quite a long period of sobriety under his belt as well. Benzos and opiates are REALLY dangerous tho. Got my fiancé about a year ago and has almost had my life twice, very sad. I feel bad for his trend the guy who was caught with 350 bags aswell tbh. The likelyness is he's just another addict and not part of some drug gang or cartel. Pretty sad situation all round really

Yet another tragic and prime example of why combining CNS depressants is so damn dangerous.

Sorry if I missed something, but do they know what caused his death?

What I mean is, was it respiratory failure which caused his death? Or was it a massive stroke, or a heart attack perhaps?

Again, sorry, I might have missed it in the article.

Either way, it's incredibly tragic because the man was certainly one of my favorite (method) actors, and judging from the one occasion where - by chance - I met him, he was such a nice guy. Could have told me to fuck off and went about his day but instead took the time to talk to me about his acting career, life in the spotlight, and so forth. He was all smiles, and really made me feel welcome in his presence.

Gonna miss you Phil - you were a rarity among gifted celebs. All the more reason why your passing is so tragic.

Tragic. May be rest in peace and be remembered fondly for his incredible artistic achievements.

Philip-Seymour-Hoffman_l.jpg

He died of drug addiction and the exact chemical/physical cause is really just a technicality to me at least.​