View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenylpiracetam questions

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I've recently been experimenting with Phenylpiracetam and had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer:

1) What is the dosage range for Phenylpiracetam?

Like, what is an average dose of this stuff??

The card that came with my tub talks about the scooper giving doses between 20 mgs and 70mgs but doesn't actually give any instructions on what a good dose is so I've been experimenting with doses between 200 and 700mgs.

2) Do you have to take this stuff everyday or at least a few days a week to get any effect from it??

I've only taken it a few times and honestly I can't tell if it's doing anything at all.

3) For those of you who have taken it, do you find that you get any kind of mind altering effects from it at all??

4) and for those who take it, what benefits, if any, do you get from it?

Thanks

People who expect mind altering effects are usually disappointed. It's usually when I stop taking them that i realise my brain has been significantly more switched on.

The effects really are very mild, or more so, unobvious. Maybe you'd notice if you did some kind of intelligence test. That said, I find piracetam/aniracetam to completely obliterate anxiety, and that effect is very instant and very pronounced.

Phenylpiracetam is quite different from other -racetams, in my experience; it's more of a typical stimulant than mild cognitive enhancer. At 100-200mg, I noticed a distinct increase in energy, focus and motivation. No euphoria to speak of, but it could heighten mood. It's not something that you need to take for days/weeks to start feeling anything, these effects should be apparent from the first time taking it. Tolerance develops pretty quickly, so it shouldn't be taken more than a few days a week.

Are you taking 200-700mg at once, or spread throughout the day? It's usually taken at 100-200mg, 2-3 times per day. If you're not feeling anything at all from those doses, I'd question what other drugs you take might be interacting with it, or if what you have is genuine Phenylpiracetam.

I take it you're supplementing your acetylcholine reserves, by the way?

No, the Nootropics thread is in this forum.

I know nootropics aren't psychedelics so it's weird, but nevertheless, I think this is the right sub forum for it.

True. It is weird, but nootropics are kinda special anyway. Nootropics discussion isn't absorbed into performance enhancing drugs, even though they very well are - that forum used to be called steroids, and it remains conservative / traditional and reserved for those that way.
Other drugs is the 'other' department, but it has been decided that nootropics discussion wouldn't fare well there socially-culturally. I am definitely fine with it, and happily shrug it off as "its all mind expansion".

As for phenylpiracetam, I wonder if it is worth the steep price... Grinders Kiefers, what do you think?

And as far as your description goes... I would say that sunifiram is also like that, but much cheaper..

As for phenylpiracetam, I wonder if it is worth the steep price... Grinders Kiefers, what do you think?

I didn't get much out of Phenylpiracetam, but I took it during the work day (desk job) expecting it to keep me motivated and focused on mundane, tedious tasks. It did help in the sense that I didn't feel bored or restless, but not enough that I'd bother using it regularly, or choose it over something else. I could see it being more helpful for studying or anything that requires a lot of analytical thought, and I've also heard of people using it as a workout supplement (it's actually banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency for its effect on physical stamina).

Phenylpiracetam is quite different from other -racetams, in my experience; it's more of a typical stimulant than mild cognitive enhancer. At 100-200mg, I noticed a distinct increase in energy, focus and motivation. No euphoria to speak of, but it could heighten mood. It's not something that you need to take for days/weeks to start feeling anything, these effects should be apparent from the first time taking it. Tolerance develops pretty quickly, so it shouldn't be taken more than a few days a week.

Are you taking 200-700mg at once, or spread throughout the day? It's usually taken at 100-200mg, 2-3 times per day. If you're not feeling anything at all from those doses, I'd question what other drugs you take might be interacting with it, or if what you have is genuine Phenylpiracetam.

It's definitely real Phenylpiracetam.

I am feeling some mild stimulation with it but that's it.

Maybe it's cause I sometimes take Klonopin which is supposed to nullify it??

Except that I don't take Klonopin everyday and I've used Phenylpiracetam on days I haven't taken Klonopin so at most there MIGHT be a VERY small amount of Klonopin left in my system so it shouldn't be an issue.

I do take Lexapro everyday but does that interact with it???

If not, I don't know what else the issue could be cause other than caffeine I'm not usually on anything else when I take it.

I mean yesterday I did take it along with Kratom, Phenibut and L-Theanine but that was just yesterday.

I've been taking it once or twice a day, but I've only taken it 3 or 4 days so far and yeah, doses ranging of single doses between 200-700mgs and yesterday I was actually on 1,000mgs throughout the day but I didn't notice anything but as mentioned I was on a lot of other things at the same time.

Well, at any rate you answered my questions about dosages and how to use it it so thanks.

I take it you're supplementing your acetylcholine reserves, by the way?

What does that mean??

I honestly don't know anything about that kind of thing.

I just took it because I was curious to see what it did and had a little extra cash.

I won't be buying it again unless suddenly it starts to do something really interesting.

Maybe it's cause I sometimes take Klonopin which is supposed to nullify it??

Except that I don't take Klonopin everyday and I've used Phenylpiracetam on days I haven't taken Klonopin so at most there MIGHT be a VERY small amount of Klonopin left in my system so it shouldn't be an issue.

I do take Lexapro everyday but does that interact with it???

If not, I don't know what else the issue could be cause other than caffeine I'm not usually on anything else when I take it.

I mean yesterday I did take it along with Kratom, Phenibut and L-Theanine but that was just yesterday.

There shouldn't be any interaction with Lexapro, but Clonazepam, Kratom, or Phenibut could definitely dull the effects of Phenylpiracetam. What are you doing when you take it? It might be that you don't notice the effects because you're not engaged in activities where you'd be able to tell how your mind is working differently.

You also seem to ruminate a lot on drug effects and interactions. It's great that you're cautious, but sometimes if you're caught up asking "is it working?" or "what's happening?", you miss out on the effects altogether. I would stop taking Phenylpiracetam for a week or so, then try again without anything else in your system and really listen to your body and mind to see what changes there might be.

There shouldn't be any interaction with Lexapro, but Clonazepam, Kratom, or Phenibut could definitely dull the effects of Phenylpiracetam. What are you doing when you take it? It might be that you don't notice the effects because you're not engaged in activities where you'd be able to tell how your mind is working differently.

You also seem to ruminate a lot on drug effects and interactions. It's great that you're cautious, but sometimes if you're caught up asking "is it working?" or "what's happening?", you miss out on the effects altogether. I would stop taking Phenylpiracetam for a week or so, then try again without anything else in your system and really listen to your body and mind to see what changes there might be.

Yeah I'm not doing much while on it other than just hanging out, on the internet, watching TV, etc so that could be it.

I wouldn't say I "ruminate" over drug interactions I just try to be safe.

As I've said, I've only taken it 3 or 4 times, so I have very little experience with it, but I'll wait a week or so probably before taking it again.

What does that mean??

I honestly don't know anything about that kind of thing.

I just took it because I was curious to see what it did and had a little extra cash.

I won't be buying it again unless suddenly it starts to do something really interesting.

Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter which is depleted by nootropic chemicals such as those in the racetam family. It regulates memory and cognitive ability. So you need to take a choline supplement for phenylpiracetam to work effectively. I use CDP-Choline.

I think you're expecting too much. It's not psychoactive, its nootropic; it's a cognitive enhancer. There is no notable change in conscsiousnes, as such.

Either way, you need to supplement with choline.

Yeah I'm not doing much while on it other than just hanging out, on the internet, watching TV, etc so that could be it.

I wouldn't say I "ruminate" over drug interactions I just try to be safe.

Yeah, you're not going to get much out of it if you're keeping sedentary. It's pretty common for people who are new or inexperienced with nootropics to claim they don't feel any effects, but a lot of the time it has more to do with what you're doing while taking them. I've had drastically different experiences with the same drug depending on the circumstances - set and setting are applicable to more than just psychedelics.

Maybe "ruminate" is the wrong word, what I mean is that I see you asking a lot of questions about how multiple different drugs may interact and there really isn't any way for someone else to know how something may affect you personally. Generally speaking, it's a good idea to try something by itself before combining with other drugs, even if there aren't any conceivable issues with the interaction.

yeah, you're not going to get much out of it if you're keeping sedentary. It's pretty common for people who are new or inexperienced with nootropics to claim they don't feel any effects, but a lot of the time it has more to do with what you're doing while taking them. i've had drastically different experiences with the same drug depending on the circumstances - set and setting are applicable to more than just psychedelics.

qft

Just ordered a sample of this stuff. Decided on a first time dose of 450mg (I have some experience with nootropics). I would say onset was about 15 mins, with peak around an hour and half to two hours. This dose was too much, I'm a little sensitive to stimulants and it felt overwhelmingly "electric". I would say it feels a bit like Adderall , if Adderall is a wolf, then phenylpiracetam is like domestic dog, both are similar, they enable me to focus, and I speed up, but phenylpiracetam has all of the rough and speedy edges rounded off. Odd side note, at night lights look a little like lights do on LSD, kind of diamondy.

I have found pretty good success with phenylpiracetam for focus and stamina, but I have to be "doing something." If I'm just sitting on the computer? Nada. But if I'm working, or especially doing something physical, it works pretty well for something legal.

All -racetams require you to be using your brain to really notice the effect. I like to take piracetam (or any other good racetam) for work (I work as a computer programmer). I very overtly notice a cognitive enhancement.... it's much easier to multitask, and ideas and solutions come to me more quickly and easily. Everything that is normally mentally taxing seems easier and less draining. That's what they're good for, if you're sitting around doing nothing or watching TV or something else mindless, you're not going to notice a thing. They're not even slightly recreational.

Yeah I guess they are performance enhancers, unlike stimulants even including caffeine which actually increases performance / productivity. (Caffeine needs something like theanine to actually improve performance and not just activity that is only moderately useful due to jitters / overstimulation side-effects).

Similarly there are "depressant enhancers" which don't actually put you to sleep or sedate you when you are having trouble with that.

And don't expect something like modafinil to be a typical stimulant because in it's very different own way it improves wakefulness and attached to that attention, especially the attention normally lost quickly from tiredness/exhaustion.

I stopped bothering with nootropics when I discovered that I have ADD and then found that dexamphetamine works well for it (I only need pretty low dosages and don't take it every day). Given my motivation for a lot of things and the tendency of pregabalin to push the manic edges I have to focus more on throttling back than wanting to increase performance or productivity further.
It seems obvious that I was self-medicating with nootropics before, but hardly anything can touch dexamph in my book. Then again I haven't tried fancy peptides. It's been a long time since I even considered phenylpiracetam but I don't think it's touted as one of the best nootropics or at least not anymore.

Would be interested to jump into the central nootropics thread to talk about the rather novel ones, there must be cool newer ones as it's been a while since I checked.

Last edited: