• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

phenotropil/carphedon

5-HT2

Bluelight Crew
So I have a friend living in Russia who just told me about an OTC piracetam derivative, supposedly a stimulant they have there called phenotropil and/or carphedon. Here is the link to the wikipedia entry for it. There seems to be very little research on it in the English scientific literature. I'm just wondering if anybody has tried it or knows anybody who has, and how it compares to other commonly used stimulants, or if anybody has more English language info on this substance.

Feel free to move to OD if this thread does not get enough replies in this forum.

one reference found

This really sounds very interesting!
As you mentioned, it seems to occur (also the references) from the Russian. The only “not Russian reference I found, is:

Amnesia-reversal activity of a series of N-[(disubstituted-amino)alkyl]-2-oxo-1-pyrrolidineacetamides, including pramiracetam. Butler, Donald E.; Nordin, Ivan C.; L'Italien, Yvon J.; Zweisler, Lynette; Poschel, Paul H.; Marriott, John G. Chem. Dep., Warner-Lambert/Parke-Davis Pharm. Res., Ann Arbor, MI, USA. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry (1984), 27(5), 684-91

I hope this helps you a bit! Probably those compounds reveal a completely new field of recreational drugs.

Interesting... ^^ Ann Arbor, MI an hour drive away from me and the city where smoking pot is not a crime :).

Huh well still it seems nobody can buy bulk pramiracetam (one i've been curious to try) still, then there's nefaracetam(sp? i forget) which sounded interesting also..

Yeah my experience with piracetam (heh as long as i don't take any DMT) the one night sticks out in my mind when I was able to do this amazing parallel processing in my head without effort wow'ed me, I didn't notice anything from oxiracetam, aniracetam seems like a stimulant but makes me anxious.

Phenibut (from most of what I read was/is used in Russia for anxiety and other things) is a lot like Baclofen, but i'd prefer Baclofen as the dose is much smaller.

Ah i just woke up i'm spewing out random thoughts.. :)

there is currently no manufacturer of nefiracetam I was told.

^^^Yeah there is, but it's not released on the market yet. I have a friend who is working on putting it up for sale. However, one caveat is that chronic megadoses of nefiracetam tend to cause testicular cancer in canines :\

The synthesis should be quite simple. Hypothetical considerations are: Start from phenibut, stir it with bromoacetamide and a little bit of potassium carbonate, and cyclisize it with maybe some POCl3 or SOCl2.
Baclofene instead of phenibut would yield the chloro- congener.
What do you think about it?

I was recently wondering if 4-phenylpyrrolidin-2-one (des-acetamide-carphedon) has been tested anywhere. There doesn't seem to be much in literature about SARs of this class of stimulants.

Wow, this sound incredibly promising. All my life I have sought something that had the mood brightening and focusing characteristic of amphetamine, cognitive and alertness enhancing properties, mild anxiolytic activity and immuno-stimulating, rather than immunosuppressant effects. This could be the next big hit in the dodgy 'supplement' / research chemical space. As it currently unscheduled (and largely unknown) and does not appear to be dependence-forming now would be the time to start investigating syntheses and suppliers, before the US government squelches all research by permanently relegating it to Schedule I in a sweeping anti-supplement act. It sounds like the perfect drug. Of course, what we have is only a cursory inspection...a morsel of information on an otherwise novel chemical agent. But, unlike some novel chemicals, the toxicology of this one appears relatively mild. Interesting find indeed. Interesting find particularly for those afflicted with dysphoria, frontal hypoactivity (ADD, sans 'H') and bipolar depression. Almost too alluring to be true.

Nevertheless, I hope for the sake of all of us screen-transfixed, emotionally blunted and uncomfortably numb 21st-century digital men that this one stays out of the headlines and algorithmic scanners for communism/drugs/terrorism/insert-next-propaganda/hysteria-wave, where the new theocrats can easily find and clamp it. Sorry for the long rant, I am feeling political today, as they (see above) just stole the Mexican national election in the same way they stole the US national election of 2000.

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing...it those who count the votes that decide everything." (Stalin)

There is a company that will be putting out this stuff soon. I guess we'll hear more about the subjective effects then.

...if this stuff could be made from phenibut (relatively easily? decent yield?) would be interesting if someone bought some phenibut and tried it, this stuff sounds very interesting

Nootropics:
N-methyl-3-phenylpyrrolidine.
N-methyl-3-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)pyrrolidine.

Nicotinics:
N-methyl-2-phenylpyrrolidine.
N-methyl-2-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)pyrrolidine.

Other:
N-methyl-3-(3-indolyl)pyrrolidine.
N-methyl-2-(3-indolyl)pyrrolidine.

A 2-oxo group can be added to any of these.

yyeh, tried both, both are way overrated. russian branding hype, which i grok in entirety.

not what the esteemed members of this here forum are after, i'm afraid.

Helios. said:
Try mine.
OK could you give us the reasoning behind the design rather than your usual random cut and paste of pharmacophores,

nanobrain said:
yyeh, tried both, both are way overrated. russian branding hype, which i grok in entirety.

not what the esteemed members of this here forum are after, i'm afraid.

Both?

russian stuff

on the subject of wierd ruskie stuff has anyone tried mesocarb/ sidnocarb? supposed to be mild non toxic stimulant;- plenty of soviet literature.
wonder of anyone here has bioassayed it and wants to contribute a report?

yes and no. its sindocarb. would not want to waste your time, as mine was.