• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut worry

TommyJ

Greenlighter
Hi everyone :)

I been using Phenibut for last 12 days about 2-3grams. Im now worried as i feel so bad next day - anxiety etc etc

Should i be too concerned about going into withdrawal?

Hope to hear some positive stories.

Phenibut makes me feel great and eliminates all anxiety (accept for the next day).

I been through Benzo withdrawal and its hell so am worried about my GABA levels and hope i haven't fucked my brain up !

Well you havent been using it for very long, so thats the good news, however, you have been taking fairly large doses. So you might experience some wd symptoms. I would recommend tapering your dosages down, then skipping days. Slowly take less and less, even if you dont "feel" the dose. If you can get down to the 100-200mg range, wd symptoms should be bearable. Although the wds are unpleasant, they are no where near as severe as benzo wd, so don't freak out and expect that extent of wd. Good luck!

- SS373dOH

Also, be prepared to fight some rebound anxiety. The rebound anxiety is one of the few things about withdrawal from phenibut that will make you want to re-use, but hopefully if you taper correctly, you may not run into it.

I would advise a rapid taper though, because the longer you stay on phenibut, no matter the dose, it will not be good for you. Tapering will help stave off withdrawals, but tapering to slowly will most likely make the possibility of withdrawals worse (kind of a catch 22 at this stage)

You could probably get away with a fast taper after 12 days. Keep track of your doses every day. Cut back a significant amount every day until you're off it. There might be some anxiety / discomfort, but it shouldn't be bad this early. You could get to 0 in a week if you decide to do it and accept feeling semi-shitty for a week.

A slower taper would feel better, but every day you stay on it you're making things worse long term.

Thanks guys. Damn. The things we do to feel better. Ive spent the last year going from 40mg of Diazepam to 4mg and its been hard work.

I'm not sure how much Phenibut ive been taking as it is powdered and hard to measure but its about 1 -2 teaspoons.

I'll try taking 1/4 teaspoon for 2 days, then 1/8 teaspoon then nothing. I know its gonna be hell especially as i need to be at work. I'll up my diazepam to 6mg for 3 days whilst i do it.

Its so hard as any little sound makes me jumpy inside its like a huge shock sweeps over my body i feel like I'm having a heart attack :(

Ive ordered some L-Theanine hope it helps. And ill get some OTC codeine to help for the week. And just try and be tough and keep telling myself its just for 1 week. :|

Honestly Phenibut is hard to use if you struggle with controlling substances. Its HELL!

For those interested:

I been crushing up 5 x strong Kava Kava tablets, putting them in a hot cup of water with honey and drinking and its been really helping the withdrawals :)

I think you will be alright if you manage to stop using it but it just goes to show how devastating taking GABAergic substances on a daily basis are for those with anxiety issues. It should be an absolute last resort. It's much better to either just take them on a needed basis (max couple of times a week) or even better, not taking them at all. Sounds easier than what it is though... I know.