• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut - WHY does it cause diarrhea and how to counteract?

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
It's no secret that phenibut can cause diarrhea in some folks. For me, it's hit-or-miss, sometimes it causes it, and sometimes not. It's always the day AFTER as well. For example I had phenibut on Saturday, was fine, had some Monday, was fine, had some Wednesday, was fine Wednesday but now on Thursday I had diarrhea. Before the lecture comes YES I know this is probably too often to dose phenibut, I normally do leave at least 2 days between doses, sometimes longer. Using every other day has been a very recent thing and will cease, but the diarrhea thing never was any different. Even when it was only once a week, it would still only sometimes give me diarrhea. My dose is usually anywhere from 1.4-1.9g, measured with a 0.001 scale and ingested via capsule.

Does anyone know WHY this happens? It must be dependant on some external factor, like what you ate while on phenibut, or something. I have a pretty good diet, eat lots of veggies, I take vitamins, etc.. I use kratom daily, but that never caused any toilet issues for me.

Also, does anyone know a way to remedy this? Aside from "stop taking phenibut"...8)

Thanks in advance!

This is interesting. I've also seen a lot of people complain about GI problems from phenibut, but I have no idea why that might happen. I've seen some people speculate that it's the acidity since you're consuming a pretty large amount of the powder, but I have a difficult time seeing how that would cause diarrhea. And if that were the case, you could just take an antacid to alleviate the problem. Have you tried an antacid?

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm also interested to know if anyone has an answer

I haven't used it yet, but as you said, dosing too often, your diet, the fact that you also use kratom which I always found to have stimulating properties, all that combined, I could see that effecting the GI tract.

i guess your body just identifies it as a poison and is doing its best to purge it.
and best bet is to take some loperamide, pepto-bismol or even food like pro-biotics. oh, and avoid alcohol.

Ime acidic food/drugs can cause diarrhea, but I suffer from IBS so I might react different than 'normal' people

Pepto-bismol, pantoprazole/omeprazole or some sodium bicarbonate might help

Last edited: