• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Phenibut WD - burning nerves problem

DementiaSavantPlus

Bluelighter
I am referring to a skin/nerve level of burning, pins and needles all over the body (paresthesia?). It also sort of feels like dry skin. Has anyone experienced this during phenibut withdrawal? It seems to be the most persistent of my symptoms.

I quit CT, but now at day 4 of abstinence, I have introduced etilozolam. I took a 4mg "attack" dose (probably overkill) in order to sleep, as the last night's insomnia was brutal and included slight audial hallucinations. The etizolam only really helps slightly with the anxiety during the day.

I am prescribed gabapentin and my WD syndrome seems to have developed an immunity to it. It is a nerve pain reducer, but is isn't doing its job here.

Anybody know this symptom along with methods of managing it?

Hey bro thank fk I found you. I know it's been a while I would love to hear how your doing. I am going through the exact same thing it's called paresthesia! I thought I was the only one. Hope you can reply so we can have a chat.

Well regarding Phenibut theres not much to do other than tapper off, Altho I read a study, I will add the link at the end, that showed the ability of baclofen to get rid of phenibut.

My advice is try a high amount of camomile and lemon balm at night time and drink green tea with ginseng during the day. Also pregabalin is stronger than Gabapentin but both works EXACTLY like phenibut without the effect of baclofen (Mixing Gabapentin with baclofen would be exactly like phenibut if dosed in the right ratio). Those can help reduce the effects like tappering would.
I also found that Magnesium is combined with B-complex is a good help too. (B-complex the most cheap and efficient way to use it is to take a B-100 and cut it in 4 to make like a B-25, more than this will just end up in your pee.)

So overall in order; Best is tapper off and gradually replace with baclofen then tapper off baclofen, add to this camomile lemon balm when stress is too high and at night and daily green tea with ginseng with morning Magnesium and B-complex.
Second would be replacing it with either pregabalin or gabapentin and tapper off again with the natural and supplement help.
And at last would be cold turkey with the help of plants and supplement.
Benzo won't help with this you are basically taking another road to reduce some of your symptoms, and you will become tolerant and physically addicted to them instead of phenibut.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3604470/

Oh, yes. I forgot. ^magnesium! You would want to try a highly bioavailable form of magnesium, such as glycinate or citrate (I would recommend the glycinate).

I would go ahead and by the b vitamins you need though, which are b6, b9, and b12. they sell these in a prescription drug called metanx that is used for neuropathy and nerve pain.

The vitamins are used in their active forms though: pyridoxal phosphate, methylfolate, and mehtylcobalamin.