• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc phenibut w/d not bad at all yall some babies

mrrobot

Greenlighter
so i took a buncha phenibut for like 3 days and now i feel fine ...... jk i feel like my stomach is giving birth to an orphan child , man this is worse then knocking up 2 preg high school girls and realising your a a father of a whore. I only took like 1g friday 1g saterday then 1.5g monday fuck and now its tuesday .... it isnt that bad though nice drug for it being legal aight im out

previous addiction to benzos prior to this should i just stick with benzos? i tapered off of clonz and etiz used both probably 100mg each in a month then just got off my taper with libirum but i feel terrible anxiety/depersonialzion shit sucks man

Last edited:
I have used phenibut on a daily basis at times exceeding 12 months, at dosages of maybe 3g a day average. Having experienced debilitating heroin and methadone withdrawals and then reading the threads online about phenibut withdrawal I thought that they would be comparable. Not even close. Phenibut withdrawal is mild at its worst, except for a couple days you won't be able to get any quality sleep. If I was ever running out of phenibut I would taper my dose down to about 0.5g daily prior to running out, and I always had plenty of gabapentin on hand which I guess is why I never really had a hard time with it..

Whether or not you continue using is up to you, but theoretically the level of discomfort you are going to have to endure when you cease use is going to increase significantly with each consecutive day after today.

I have used phenibut on a daily basis at times exceeding 12 months, at dosages of maybe 3g a day average. Having experienced debilitating heroin and methadone withdrawals and then reading the threads online about phenibut withdrawal I thought that they would be comparable. Not even close. Phenibut withdrawal is mild at its worst, except for a couple days you won't be able to get any quality sleep. If I was ever running out of phenibut I would taper my dose down to about 0.5g daily prior to running out, and I always had plenty of gabapentin on hand which I guess is why I never really had a hard time with it..

Whether or not you continue using is up to you, but theoretically the level of discomfort you are going to have to endure when you cease use is going to increase significantly with each consecutive day after today.

It's great that it was that way for you, but its not that way for everyone. Just because you have experienced shitty withdrawals from other stuff, doesn't mean you should minimize other people's experiences with it. A disturbing trend I see around here, is that people act like when people have fucked up withdrawals that they are exaggerating. Almost a dicksizing thing. If you have ever experienced this, then you don't know about that. People say that about gabapentin too, and people that say its mild have never truly experienced it. It is most definitely not mild for some.

People react differently to various withdrawals, and I am sure some people find phenibut withdrawals worse than opiates. Make no mistake, phenibut withdrawals can be serious and be very long lasting. I have gotten withdrawals from it that sucked pretty bad from infrequent use, and I would never take GABA drugs daily ever again. Been there before. Don't take this as me taking a shot at you, I consider you a valuable member from the posts I have read, it is directed at others as well.

OP, don't be an idiot. If you experience withdrawals from three days of consecutive use, then take a break. It can get shitty, don't assume that it won't be that bad. Take a week break and don't dose two days in a row. Use two times a week max unless you want to pay for it later.

When I am wrong, I am wrong. Thank you for giving me some perspective, everyone's experiences and perceptions of those experiences certainly does differ. With that being said OP, proceed at your own risk. GABAergics are one of the only types of drugs where the withdrawals can literally kill you. I am not saying that an additional day of phenibut use could kill you, or any phenibut withdrawal could ever kill you, but you are only three days in. Quit while you are still ahead.

thanks im def going to dose again today then i read alot of threads online about phenibut and horror stories but i just recently got off of a 5mg clonzolam habit which is 3x more potent the clonzapam and those w/ds fucked me badly phenibut cant be much worse then that

and i dosed 3x last week and one time this week it cant be to bad i got some etizolam on the way anyway
and jammin how bad can they be ? some people use this stuff daily

Right on DSC. I wasn't trying to escalate anything. I appreciate a reasoned response.

People use xanax daily, people use heroin daily. They find themselves in holes they can't get out of or have a really difficult time in doing so. You are messing with serious neurotransmitters. Combining or rotating GABA-a and GABA-b drugs is a terrible idea. Heavy use of benzos and GABA drugs can affect anxiety and brain chemistry for a long time. Some people have permanent anxiety issues from them aka brain damage. There is some debate on whether benzo tolerance even resets or not. You are playing with fire is all I am saying esp. if you have had a benzo habit before and tapered it rapidly. It can take years to recover fully from benzos, think about what you are doing and treat your brain with respect. It is a whole easier to not fuck brain chemistry up in the first place then just wait for the damage to repair itself. Sometimes it never does in rare instances.

How bad can they be? Fucked up. Ask joey24x18 if you want more info.

Gabapentin works extremely similarly to phenibut, so your experience is pretty useless if you had gabapentin when you ran out of phenibut.

Right but its hard man after a previous meth addiction benzos have helped my life drastically and now that i'm off them 2 days without libirum (for taper ) i just feel alot of depersonalizon and idk i think i need more benzos to function without flipping out at people im on the vurge of ordering more clonzolam or etiz think i might be on this shit for the rest of my life

You only took it for 3 days. You do know withdrawals tend to get worse the longer you are on something, right? Also, the severity of w.d.'s vary can vary from person to person.

Right on DSC. I wasn't trying to escalate anything. I appreciate a reasoned response.

People use xanax daily, people use heroin daily. They find themselves in holes they can't get out of or have a really difficult time in doing so. You are messing with serious neurotransmitters. Combining or rotating GABA-a and GABA-b drugs is a terrible idea. Heavy use of benzos and GABA drugs can affect anxiety and brain chemistry for a long time. Some people have permanent anxiety issues from them aka brain damage. There is some debate on whether benzo tolerance even resets or not. You are playing with fire is all I am saying esp. if you have had a benzo habit before and tapered it rapidly. It can take years to recover fully from benzos, think about what you are doing and treat your brain with respect. It is a whole easier to not fuck brain chemistry up in the first place then just wait for the damage to repair itself. Sometimes it never does in rare instances.

How bad can they be? Fucked up. Ask joey24x18 if you want more info.

I've been working 12 hour shifts at this new job so I haven't been online much recently. Hey guys.

OP,take the advice that's been given to you, please. You're in for a world of hurt if not. I came off an 8 month binge a couple months ago and it had me borderline suicidal. Taking phenibut daily is not going to end well, period. I still feel a little "off" since that last binge. I have a whole tub of phenibut sitting in a drawer that you couldn't even pay me to consume.

I'm under the impression at this point phenibut may cause long term damage under the circumstances I was using it. Id suggest you take a long break from GABA related drugs and proceed afterwards only using phenibut once every week or two. Thats what I should've done.

Eventually if you keep using it this way, it's going to be a constant daily routine of "Fuck I have to wash down this disgusting powder or I'm going to have a 24 hour panic attack today.". After a month or two the side effects will kick In, all of the positive aspects of phenibut will be gone with all the negative effects remaining. You'll feel like a brain dead zombie.

Not to even mention the relationships I messed up with people close the to me and the job I lost during those 8 months, which I know wouldnt of happened if I hadn't been on phenibut. I used to not even leave my house unless I had three days worth of the shit in my pocket. Just in case I got stranded or the world started to end.

Hit me up if you need help tapering off a couple months from now though. Ive spent hundreds of hours researching phenibut addiction and withdrawal. I tried cold turky twice, and can only describe it as what I imagine hell to be like. My third attempt I came up with a taper plan that worked out pretty okay in the end. Not pain free, but maybe half as bad as cold turky.

Just flush whats left man, don't go down this road.

Gabapentin works extremely similarly to phenibut, so your experience is pretty useless if you had gabapentin when you ran out of phenibut.

Right..... I thought that I acknowledged all of the above in my initial post. Thank you for the insight though.

With that being said, I was incarcerated twice in the midst of heavy daily phenibut use. Both times the withdrawals were mild, and that was without a period of tapering down nor with the assistance of any medication. The worst symptom for me was falling asleep and then waking up, feeling well rested and alert, about an hour later - and tossing and turning for the rest of the night. There was also an increase in anxiety for a period of days, not weeks, as well as a minor headache and perhaps a little depression, increased irritability, and restlessness. I was able to psyche myself out of the withdrawal symptoms for the most part and carry on/function as normal during both of these cold turkey instances. It is hard to "psyche yourself" back to sleep though, which is why I view the insomnia as its worst effect.

Right..... I thought that I acknowledged all of the above in my initial post. Thank you for the insight though.

With that being said, I was incarcerated twice in the midst of heavy daily phenibut use. Both times the withdrawals were mild, and that was without a period of tapering down nor with the assistance of any medication. The worst symptom for me was falling asleep and then waking up, feeling well rested and alert, about an hour later - and tossing and turning for the rest of the night. There was also an increase in anxiety for a period of days, not weeks, as well as a minor headache and perhaps a little depression, increased irritability, and restlessness. I was able to psyche myself out of the withdrawal symptoms for the most part and carry on/function as normal during both of these cold turkey instances. It is hard to "psyche yourself" back to sleep though, which is why I view the insomnia as its worst effect.

You kind of did but the OP likely doesnt have gabapentin to fall back on, and your post really didnt make it clear that the lack of withdrawals was because of the gabapentin, i thought you overall dismissed phenibut withdrawal as mild and just something that causes a bit of insomnia.

You say you've cold turkeyed off it aswell now, how long were you using daily when you cold turkeyed. They gave you no comfort meds at all to detox in jail?

All i knkw is you are one of the few that do not get horrible phenibut withdrawals, which can be very serious even to the point of possibly requiring medical attention after sudden cessation of daily phenibut abuse.
Any and all withdrawals from gaba drugs after long term daily abuse is the most serious withdrawal imo, as it generally has the potential to kill you or having a grand mal seizure.

To anyone reading this, never use lhenibut more then 3 days a week and never on consecutive days, to avoid withdrawals. Otherwise look up phenibut withdrawals and read some horror stories.

To OP: This is something that is best left to your GP. I took benzos daily, as well as phenibut a few times a week. I have panic disorder and OCD. I was self medicating the intense anxiety I felt all the time.

I went to my doctor, built up a rapport with him, and after a few visits explained my situation. We discussed possible treatments for the anxiety and landed on .5mg xanax up to three times a day and 30mg temazepam at 8pm to sleep (sleeping is extremely hard for me as I tend to get trapped within my own thoughts and all the fears from the day build up to the point I can't stop thinking of them)

Being on a regimen that is monitored by a Dr. has helped me cut down on the amount that I need. I don't take the rescue doses of xanax most days. It took us a bunch of trial and error to hit on this combo, but it works. A Dr. that knows you and knows your symptoms might find a better fit for you when it comes to benzodiazepines. We tried clonazepam, ativan, diazepam as well as switching up my SSRI until I could lead a functional life (ie. being able to leave my house, and drive my car without intense fear)

First, beat the phenibut withdrawal. It will be hard but it can be done. Second, go see your Dr. and be honest. Most doctors look at shadiness and half truths to be drug seeking. If you are open and honest about everything you may get lucky. My doctor helped me through opiate withdrawal and getting into a rehab. He helped my find a liver doctor to treat my Hep C. He also helped me figure out a diet that is helping me lose weight that I gained after a psychiatrist in rehab prescribed me seroquel.

goodluck, im rooting for you.