• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut vs Xanax for social anxiety

grundles

Greenlighter
I have an event that will cause me great anxiety next week. It is a dinner party with my girlfriend all here family and a few of her friends. This is a big one for me in terms of anxiety. Really feel I need a crutch here, for this occasion not for regular use.

I tried Phenibut last week as a experiment at 1 gram. It made me a bit hyped up and there a little anxious, I had that feeling in my stomach. Later in the night (like 6 hours) I felt a bit more relaxed, and I know it has a slow onset. Best then I took a Xanax tonight and it was not bad. I felt relaxed for sure. I also felt a bit dissociative, and was not moved to talk much. I basically felt like I did not give a fuck, about what I said or did, which is actually a great relief from my usual state around people. But I also felt a bit lethargic and not upbeat and talkative.

I've been reading more of the forums where people say phenibut really can make you feel good in social situations, relaxed but energized and talkative. I read a post where the person said the first time they did it they did not feel much and actually felt a little weird, but then the next time they did it it was a whole new ballgame. They were relaxed and felt good and empathetic and relational. So I'm wondering if I should try phenibut again, and at maybe 1.5 grams this time.

Also, I am running out of time to experiment because the dinner is next week, and I just took a xanax tonight, so if I tried phenibut again tomorrow night, then four days later is the dinner, would I be reaching a tolerance level such that my dosage might be week, expecially given that I did a xanax tonight?

Thanks.

Phenibut worked better for me when I was using it like this. The right dose (small) made me feel less anxious, happier, and more talkative.

Xanax killed my anxiety, but it made me tired and it made me feel stupid. I had nights where I had a great time, I think, but I couldn't remember half of what had happened.

Phenibut worked better for me when I was using it like this. The right dose (small) made me feel less anxious, happier, and more talkative.
Do you remember what the right dose for you was?

Do you remember what the right dose for you was?

2 grams made me feel "drunk" and happy. That was maybe an appropriate dose for me at events like holiday parties where I was expected to be inebriated. Drinking on top of that was fun, but one beer would feel like 3 or 4.

1 gram was better for relaxing and being social without seeming intoxicated. The actual number is different for everyone. It's best to get this figured out at home first before you try it at a party.

Xanax also might be the answer. I just posted about how it affected me personally. Whatever you go with, don't make it a habit. Phenibut and xanax both suck when you try to quit after daily use.

I have an event that will cause me great anxiety next week. It is a dinner party with my girlfriend all here family and a few of her friends. This is a big one for me in terms of anxiety. Really feel I need a crutch here, for this occasion not for regular use.

I tried Phenibut last week as a experiment at 1 gram. It made me a bit hyped up and there a little anxious, I had that feeling in my stomach. Later in the night (like 6 hours) I felt a bit more relaxed, and I know it has a slow onset. Best then I took a Xanax tonight and it was not bad. I felt relaxed for sure. I also felt a bit dissociative, and was not moved to talk much. I basically felt like I did not give a fuck, about what I said or did, which is actually a great relief from my usual state around people. But I also felt a bit lethargic and not upbeat and talkative.

I've been reading more of the forums where people say phenibut really can make you feel good in social situations, relaxed but energized and talkative. I read a post where the person said the first time they did it they did not feel much and actually felt a little weird, but then the next time they did it it was a whole new ballgame. They were relaxed and felt good and empathetic and relational. So I'm wondering if I should try phenibut again, and at maybe 1.5 grams this time.

Also, I am running out of time to experiment because the dinner is next week, and I just took a xanax tonight, so if I tried phenibut again tomorrow night, then four days later is the dinner, would I be reaching a tolerance level such that my dosage might be week, expecially given that I did a xanax tonight?

Thanks.
That's the beautiful double edged sword of Benzos (Xanax in particular) Take too much of that shit and/or drink alcohol with it and a train wreck is coming..

Phenibut didn't do much for me. Maybe go with a low dose of Xanax. Maybe 0.5 - 1 mg as you have no tolerance. Maybe more depending on how you're feeling. You could try a test enviroment which you know makes you extremely anxious and see how much Xanax does the job.

My advice would be do not take Xanax or any Benzo unless your anxiety is so bad that it cripples you, controls your life etc..

Good luck with her parents ;)