• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Phenibut to replace gabaergics Pregabalin/pentin?

Zonxx

Bluelighter
think itd replace the combo or be a different effect to those altogether? running low on my pregabalin/pentin since ive eaten bottle after bottle over the last month and a half and aside from simply ordering more i was wondering about this to give it a try, is it similar or what can you best alike phenibut to? it's essentially to use alongside amphetamine, what are your thoughts?

I can provide decent inside on the subject as far as phenubit goes if you do not have any tolerance the other Gaba drugs like Lyrica or Gabapentin and it can be good when used once or twice a week Max. If you do have a tolerance to those mentioned above it will not give you any sort of euphoria positive well-being type feeling you're looking for, it will however hold off withdrawals. The major difference I found when substituting phenubit for my Lyrica was that instead of having to dose daily the effects wear off much quicker and I need to dose more offen. I actually find myself waking up in the morning feeling sick, anxious and depressed. It Will work in a pinch to stave off withdrawals but if you have the opportunity to get more instead I would jump for it. That's just my opinion might be different from others I just find myself going through pretty heavy withdrawals when I run out of lyrica or gabapenton.

Phenibut easily replaces them in terms of withdrawal. The effects are better too, IMO, well, pregabalin is more intoxicating actually. But I like phenibut the most of the 3. However it will get you dependent on both gabapentinoids (VDCC ligands) and GABA-B agonists, so the withdrawals will be worse, but not sure if your intention is to dose it daily. PERSONALLY if I use it every 3 days I can get good effects every time. However since I've been addicted and withdrawn from it a few times, now I can't use it more than once a week or I get light withdrawals for a few days. It's hard to dose right, too much sucks and too little and you won't feel it. I wrote a usage guide which is in the trip reports forum and on Erowid under this name, that teaches you how to find your correct dose. Too much makes you feel like shit.

The above poster^^ is an example of it working differently for everyone. For me, phenibut lasts well over 24 hours, much longer than gabapentin or lyrica. It also doesn't even start taking full effect until 4 or 5 hours after you take it so you have to be patient. It's a more difficult drug to learn how to use properly, IMO. However, some people seem to get a much quicker and more acute effect that is over sooner and it produces hellish withdrawals in them and they don't like it. For what it's worth, everyone I know in real life has roughly the same experience with it as me, ie, lasts over a day, takes forever to come up, etc.

I have gotten stronger "druggy" euphoria from lyrica, but lyrica also makes me super sloppy. I get much stronger euphoria from phenibut than gabapentin (and I like gabapentin too). The thing I love about phenibut is that it makes me feel like super-sober, I am totally fearless socially, feel really motivated to do stuff, basically it feels like I'm having the best day ever, I want to talk to everyone, and I can do anything and do not appear or feel at all intoxicated. it's more like a stimulant than a GABAergic in that way, but is also relaxing even though it gives me energy and motivation. Except if I have too much, it make me sloppy and it's unpleasant. It's in my top 5, maybe even top 3, drugs of all time. But only when I dose it right (which I always do because I have using it for like 13 years off and on, I've taken it more than pretty much anything else except maybe weed and alcohol and opiates).

well essentially i use it to take the anxiety edge off of amphetamines, will it be effective at that?

Yes but you have to dose it like 4 or so hours beforehand. It takes longer to come up than gabapentin and pregabalin.