• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut to gabapentin equivilency question for taper plan

Retired Trashcan

Bluelighter
Hey y'all. I UTFSE, could not locate this. I stupidly got back on that damn phenibut and over did it. 8( However, I now have insurance and a doc who Rxed me gabapentin. However, I don't want order ANYMORE phenibut, so it's basically a straight shot from one to the other. I know they are different in terms of receptors that they hit, and understand that there will still be some pain. Does anyone know or have any anecdotal info on what, say 1g phenibut = ??? mg/g of gabapentin. Much obliged, and yes I'm an idiot. That is all.

Any any personal experience at all is appreciated :\

Phenibuts a bitch, but a somewhat arbitrary ratio from my experience would be 1g of phenibut = 900mg of gabapentin (with no tolerance)

Tolerance to gabapentin is a bitch too though, so watch out for that (and the weight gain)

Phenibuts a bitch, but a somewhat arbitrary ratio from my experience would be 1g of phenibut = 900mg of gabapentin (with no tolerance)

Tolerance to gabapentin is a bitch too though, so watch out for that (and the weight gain)

I notice I'm calmer, but agitated in the background. Have to focus on positive thoughts. I figured the ratio was close to that, but I would have to stagger dose at first until I'm back down to my 600mg x 3. Poor GABA-B receptors. They are unhappy. Very yin-yang feeling. :|

Edit: There's no way to quiet those GABA-B receptors outside of baclofen or GHB is there. Neither of which I can get anyway. Guess I should be happy I'm not pacing, chain smoking and freaking out anymore. Phenibut WD is a bitch in it's own special way for some of us I guess. It's about as bad as WD from oxymorphone years ago.
HARM REDUCTION ---> I'm another idiot that found a 'legal' drug I could buy cheaply and get weirded out on. Watch yourself. Tricky, sneaky, moreish, IF you like it, which many don't. Crazy. <--- HARM REDUCTION

Last edited:
I actually use baclofen about once every few weeks for a jaw problem i have, and although its similar to phenibut, its somewhat unpredictable unlike phenibut. For example, half of my experiences on baclofen im calm and collected with slight euphoria, and the other half, im manic with euphoria and energy, but have no calmness. Its a weird drug.

^This is due to baclofen's primarily sole action at GABA B receptors, whereas phenibut acts on alpha2delta calcium modulatory sites, GABA B receptors, possibly GABA A receptors, dopamine synthesis, as well as its antagonization of phenethylamine trace amines.

I just tapered and quit gabapentin 4 days clean from 1200-1800 mgs daily sucks so much only today I feel okay and luckily I have .5 mg klonopin daily to help. I tapered by splitting daily dose into 3-4 doses a day I went down immediately to 150 mgs 4 times a day some of those 4 times I took 300 mgs if it wasn't enough but I was always lowering the dose . When I got to taking 75 mgs 4 times a day that's when I didn't taper for a while cause it doesn't do anything at 75 mgs good luck buddy