• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc phenibut tapering help

ineedanadult

Greenlighter
ive been taking .7-1.4 grams of phenibut at night since the second week of june. i would like to scale off while avoiding withdrawals as best i can. any advice? is this length of time at this dosage something that can cause withdrawals?

Yeah, 6 weeks of daily Phenibut use is more than enough to cause withdrawals for most people. Your dosages could have been worse though so it should be possible to taper down without having insane withdrawals but you most likely won't sleep very well for a week or two.

I would taper 100 mg a day, starting at 1 g. If you have some Gabapentin or Pregabalin on hand when that would be of great help for the first week without Phenibut but don't continue past the one week point.

I wish you good luck Sir.

those WD's wont be too bad; even at 3.5G's a day I still didnt think WD's were that bad; I just took xanny to knock me out at night and.. well, I was a dope fiend, so I would shoot during the day. never felt too bad and I was on it for a few months straight.

at 700MG I would just jump to 500MG, see how you feel. then take it from there, maybe 500/400/300/300/200/100/100

I just went through this. Except I was on for 8 months and my dosages we're a good bit higher than yours.
You say you take .7-1.4g, so I would meet in the middle and start at 1g. Stabilize on that for a couple days then drop 100mg. From there drop 50-100mg every 2-3 days. If you drop too fast and notice withdrawal symptoms then bump back up again and stay on for a couple more days to stabilize. You can go down as far as you like before jumping off. I jumped off at 300mg and only noticed a little bit of insomnia and rebound anxiety. It took me 2 months to taper though, considering at my peak I was taking 4g.

Kava kava helped me tremendously after I made the final jump. I had xanax and klonopin stashed too but only used the xanax like twice during the withdrawal. I had more discomfort tapering than when I jumped off really.

Avoid alcohol for atleast two weeks after you jump off to avoid the cross tolerance that comes with it. It could set you back.

Good luck man. Getting off phenibut is a pain in the ass.