• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut Taper - Here we go!

awakened

Greenlighter
Hey guys. I'm new here. Well, I've read a lot of posts on this forum over the past few years for various reasons, but I'm definitely new to posting.

I suppose the main reason I actually created an account and decided to post is because, in my experience, having the support of a group of people during times like these is very helpful. It's almost a form of accountability, as well.

Anyways, this isn't my first rodeo with Phenibut. Actually, it's my 3rd. The first 2 times didn't go down so well. This time, I thought I could control it, because I bought capsules from a local gas station (called Sleepwalkers) and figured I'd just do a couple of days on, couple off, etc. What a joke. Being an addict, from the first taste on, I didn't stop.

The saddest part of all this is that I've been totally clean and sober (no alcohol or drugs of any kind) for over 2 years (just got my 2 year chip 2 months ago). I met a gorgeous girl and was SUPER nervous and intimidated just before our first date, so I went crazy and got some sleepwalkers (phenibut) to ease the anxiety, knowing it would make me a more confident and generally badass version of myself (which it did).

Anyways, I am very spiritually strong right now, and my inner self (higher self, God, whatever you wanna call it) has petitioned me to get rid of this habit, and quick, before it eats me alive. So I start my taper today.

PREFACE: I've been taking Phenibut now (this time) for just over one month. So not too long -- hoping it won't be as bad because of that. I got up to about 2.7g a day (9 capsules, which each contain about 300mg), and that was for the last 8 days. So first things first, I'm dropping down to 2400mg (8 capsules) today. I spread the doses into 2, one bigger, one smaller (maintainer). I've been doing 6 capsules first thing in the morning, and then 3 later in the evening. Today, I dropped to 5 capsules, and then will take 3 this evening, which, as I said, puts me at 2400mg. Another thing you'll notice is that I do 2 drops early in the week and then I maintain those levels through the weekend. This is because 1. I've read that giving your body time to adjust to a slightly lower dose significantly decreases withdrawals of next drop, and 2. The weekends are when I have to be the most full-time dad and boyfriend, and I need as much good juju as I can get.

Also, to note, on days when you see a (+K) at the end, these are the weekends, which as I mentioned before, is when I will be seeing my girlfriend and spending lots of times with the kids, so to help ease me through those days, I will be adding Kratom. Just Fri, Sat, and Sundays. Then 4 days off, then again on weekend. So that I do not develop a dependence on Kratom. ALSO, you will notice that I will be adding a 5 day Kratom "cushion" to the very end -- enough to ease withdrawals a little, but not enough to become physically dependent on the Kratom itself. Anyways...

Here's my regiment (One Month Taper):

DATE: CAPSULES (Milligrams) -- DAY (+K = Plus Kratom)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4.24: 6 + 3 (2700) -- YESTERDAY
4.25: 5 + 3 (2400) -- MON
4.26: 5 + 3 (2400) -- TUES
4.27: 4 + 3 (2100) -- WED
4.28: 4 + 3 (2100) -- THURS
4.29: 4 + 3 (2100) -- FRI (+K)
4.30: 4 + 3 (2100) -- SAT (+K)
5.01: 4 + 3 (2100) -- SUN (+K)
5.02: 4 + 2 (1800) -- MON
5.03: 4 + 2 (1800) -- TUES
5.04: 3 + 2 (1500) -- WED
5.05: 3 + 2 (1500) -- THURS
5.06: 3 + 2 (1500) -- FRI (+K)
5.07: 3 + 2 (1500) -- SAT (+K)
5.08: 3 + 2 (1500) -- SUN (+K)
5.09: 2 + 2 (1200) -- MON
5.10: 2 + 2 (1200) -- TUES
5.11: 2 + 1 (900) -- WED
5.12: 2 + 1 (900) -- THURS
5.13: 2 + 1 (900) -- FRI (+K)
5.14: 2 + 1 (900) -- SAT (+K)
5.15: 2 + 1 (900) -- SUN (+K)
5.16: 1 + 1 (600) -- MON
5.17: 1 + 1 (600) -- TUES
5.18: 1 (300) -- WED
5.19: 1 (300) -- THURS
5.20: 1 (300) -- FRI (+K)
5.21: SAT (+K)
5.22: SUN (+K)
5.23: MON (+K)
5.24: TUES (+K)
5.25: FREE
--------------------------------------------------

I am under no false impression that this will be an easy taper, but it is heavily researched, and it's the best I can do with the resources I have.

I have already begun to see this drug (as is the case with any drug dependence in my life to date) eating away at my finances, my spirit, and my heart. It is definitely time to throw it out.

I sincerely hope that it will be a reasonable success, and that this story and approach will help and inspire people in the future going through the same thing.

Please, only supportive comments, and no scary, depressing, discouraging responses. I'm begging you. I need all the support and encouragement I can get.

Thanks for tagging along! Being on the first day of my taper, I'm doing my best to put on a happy face! I feel okay right now, but I definitely have my moments. Anyways... here we go! Commence taper. :)

damn man, dont make this too complicated..buy some gabapentin, about 20 pills..just jump off phenibut cold turkey and that SAME day start taking gabapentin, 2-3 times a day..this will eliminate 90% of the withdrawals..after 3-4 days of taking gabapentin, start tapering off that and then get off..the worst u will be left with is some minor anxiety and insomnia..i think kicking phenibut is much easier than kicking caffeine!

I totally would buy some gabapentin, as I've seen lots of people swear that it's amazing for phenibut withdrawals, but I have no clue how to get it! :/ I mean, what would I tell a doctor? First of all, I don't even have a doctor, so I guess I could go to quick care around the corner, but that's $80 per visit, and what if they don't prescribe it? Seems like a big risk. Gotta be a better way to get it!

I got myself into a lot of trouble with Phenibut. I have a painful disease and in my ignorance and haste and fear used both phenibut and gabapentin for the pain. I ended up addicted to both. At my high point I was using 3400 mg a day of phenibut and 1800 gabapentin for about a year and a half. So I started a long taper off the phenibut using fasoracetam to upgrade my gaba receptors. I am now down to 300 mg of phenibut and things are going well. I'll likely stay on the gabapentin for a long time once I jump off the phenibut. It's likely the gabapentin is responsible for the lack of withdrawals from the phenibut along with the fasoracetam. So I'd say for sure use gabapentin. I am pretty sure you'll have great success this way. It's a drag to be addicted to anything but it happens. I wish you all the best.

Yeah I really want to try gabapentin, as I'd love to speed this process up and get it over and done! A full month of consistent disappointing feelings, anxiety, and lack of sleep, sounds pretty terrible. I just know that the withdrawals are brutal when condensed and not spread apart. Either way, please, I'm all ears, someone give me some tips on how to get some! How should I approach a doctor about it? And what kind of doctor?

Thanks!

I told my doctor I had gotten myself addicted to phenibut. I brought in information on it so he could educate himself. Then I asked for help. He gave me baclofen. I haven't used the baclofen but will if I need it when I jump off. I was taking gabapentin for neuropathy already. I'm going to attempt to get off the gabapentin too so I'm saving the baclofen for that challenge. Bring in information on how gabapentin is useful for phenibut wd.

You think that'll work with a quick care doctor? As I said, I don't actually have a doctor that I regularly visit. I'm just a little wary of wasting money for visits with no guarantee that I'll get anything worth a damn that'll help. Seems like bunch of potentially wasted money! Eek. :\

Op u have a pm

wow, a doctor gave you baclofen to get off phenibut?that seems strange as dont they hit the same receptors?

as i said gabapentin eliminated 90% of my phenibut withdrawals and although bluelighters would recommend very high doses, i only took 300 mgs of gabapentin 3 times a day for the first 3 days..then 60 mg for 3 days, then 300 and then i jumped off..gabapentin has some really nice effects the fist couple days you use it!long term use(months) made me feel like shit though..it had some nasty side effects to where i couldnt even function at work on it

You think that'll work with a quick care doctor? As I said, I don't actually have a doctor that I regularly visit. I'm just a little wary of wasting money for visits with no guarantee that I'll get anything worth a damn that'll help. Seems like bunch of potentially wasted money! Eek. :\

I have no idea.

Just a check in... on day 5 of taper. I've done 2 "drops" so far, and will be coasting at current level (2100mg/day, down from 2700mg/day), until Monday. I have stuck to my regiment completely (I refuse to give myself any exceptions. I know better than that. A taper is all about discipline, and one slip starts an avalanche). I don't feel terrible or anything. So far, so good. I drink Neuro Sleep drinks at night (sold at my local QT), which contain L-theanine, Melatonin, and 5-HTP. These help immensely with sleeping, which I haven't had too much trouble with so far. I wake up throughout the night a lot more, but overall, I'm getting decent sleep. :)

Also, it has helped a lot to promise myself weekends with Kratom. This kind of gives me something to look forward to, and also helps lubricate my weekends so that I can function a little better. I may cut it down, actually, to just Friday and Sunday this weekend, however, as 3 days on K will cause a rather unhappy feeling on Monday, which I can do without. We'll see.

In any case, I've also looked into purchasing some Gabapentin (thanks for the help, [MENTION=73721]belfort[/MENTION]), and if/when I acquire that, I may do a "hard" taper (one week, daily drops), and coast through it with Gabapentin, and then use Kratom to cushion the very end. We shall see. Suggestions welcome!

Thanks for everyone's support!

Op u have a pm

wow, a doctor gave you baclofen to get off phenibut?that seems strange as dont they hit the same receptors?

as i said gabapentin eliminated 90% of my phenibut withdrawals and although bluelighters would recommend very high doses, i only took 300 mgs of gabapentin 3 times a day for the first 3 days..then 60 mg for 3 days, then 300 and then i jumped off..gabapentin has some really nice effects the fist couple days you use it!long term use(months) made me feel like shit though..it had some nasty side effects to where i couldnt even function at work on it

Baclofen feels the same as phenibut so I can see why it was prescribed. About 30 grams of baclofen and I feel all is right with the world. Anyway, Gabapentin is a good recommendation as well to help get off of phenibut...or any benzo. It can comfort you, but I still prefer Klonopin or Etizolam to slowly come off because those are actual benzos and Etizolam is easy to get your hands on. As long as you don't become addicted to the benzos you're using to assist your withdrawals. There are so many options to get through it thankfully.

I told my doctor I had gotten myself addicted to phenibut. I brought in information on it so he could educate himself. Then I asked for help. He gave me baclofen. I haven't used the baclofen but will if I need it when I jump off. I was taking gabapentin for neuropathy already. I'm going to attempt to get off the gabapentin too so I'm saving the baclofen for that challenge. Bring in information on how gabapentin is useful for phenibut wd.

Your doctor was right giving you baclofen for phenibut withdrawal. Good luck with that and let us know how the baclofen helps. I tried it before just because and noticed it feels good like phenibut, unless you take too much, then you feel sick. I had 10 mg pills one time and 30 mg was my sweet spot. You might want to start low.

I jumped off the Phenibut two days ago. This is day three. So far I have no withdrawals and haven't needed anything but the gabapentin and fasoracetam. I figure the next two days will tell the tale. If I have nothing after that I'll take a couple of weeks on the gaba and then slowly start to titrate myself down. Very very slowly is the plan.

The sad part is I haven't felt any high from phenibut in over a year. I'll likely never touch it again unless it's on my last days on the planet.

I haven't felt a high from phenibut either, but I did feel a similar high when I took baclofen. Sounds like you're doing well coming off so that's great. :)

Checking in. Day 8 of Taper. Done 3 "drops" so far. Now on 1,800mg/day. I feel alright. The hardest part thus far has been the mental fog. It's like, I'm constantly having to fight to have clear thought, and to do daily tasks with clarity.... even to speak clearly is a challenge sometimes. Like I'm constantly sleep deprived, basically. And of course, not nearly as motivated. But, gotta work and take care of the family, so helps to just stay focused on what I can control, and to get it done!

Also, I did Kratom over the weekend, as I mentioned I would. It helped immensely with getting through the weekend. Actually, it was kinda great, lol. A little too great -- worried me. I didn't go over what I promised myself, but it just felt a lot better than I expected. Made me kinda dread today (Monday)...BUT, I don't feel awful. I definitely feel a little worse than I would if I hadn't done Kratom 3 days in a row, but nothing too intense. It's definitely worth it to have something to look forward to on the weekends while I get through this.

I anticipate having the most trouble sleeping tonight (as it's the night after 3 days of Kratom), and most likely moderate "night sweats" throughout the week, as I had last week. The kratom kills those over the weekend, though.

Also, should have Gabapentin in about 2 weeks, so I'll most likely just try to jump off everything when I get that and see how it goes.

Keep you all posted!

This is my 6th day clean from a year and a half long binge on phenibut. I was using 3400 mg daily. I have no symptoms so far. Gabapentin and fasoracetam seem to have taken up the slack. Once you get the gaba it might go really well for you. I hope so.

1800 to 0 should be easy. I would drop the dose maybe 100 mg a day until you get to 1000, then 50 mg a day. Stick with it and you'll be down to 0 this month. A few days after that you'll be free. You'll wake up in the morning happy naturally, no phenibut needed.

This is my 6th day clean from a year and a half long binge on phenibut. I was using 3400 mg daily. I have no symptoms so far. Gabapentin and fasoracetam seem to have taken up the slack. Once you get the gaba it might go really well for you. I hope so.

Taking gabapentin, it seems like you're just replacing the addiction. Taking a new addictive drug instead of the old addictive drug. I would think you'd still have withdrawal symptoms if you stopped the gabapentin.

There's something to be said about being sober from all gaba agonists, at least for a while. Life becomes better when you aren't taking those drugs every day.