• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut-hypomania and Tiredness??

Dose May Vary

i have taken benzos, ghb, alcohol, every other type of drug basically and i have never experienced anything similar to phenibut when it comes to paradoxical reactions..when i take a larger dose of phenibut, 3 grams and up, one second i feel like nodding off but the next im in a manic hyper-energetic state..if i force myself to workout while on a higher dose, i get an amazing workout in, im really social and energetic, upbeat etc etc.. no other type of drug affects me in this manner in terms of providing a very energetic yet not jittery type feeling..what is so special about phenibut?it is like a downer and upper in one...
Your experience will definitely vary by your tolerance, past and current nootropic and drug use/tolerance experience... and your body - weight type. 500 MG does nothing for me (that I notice) 2000 MG is my AM dose. I can do that 2 or 3 days, increasing by 750 MG per day - then stop for a week, without too bad of an effect (maybe slight leg cramps- at worst, off and on - for a day or two) it's definitely part of my planned, Weekly variation experience Stack. If I take 2000 MG in the late afternoon- on top of of my AM dose (as I did today) then you are off to the land of nod for 4 or 5 hours - INVOULENTERILY - if you don't know what is going to happen, dangerous if driving or operating equipment. Be careful. I needed sleep, so did this at home. Now I am wide awake (the paradoxical effect you mention) typing this.

100% - go easy, vary your Stack. There is so much to choose from, for everything you are trying to do, achieve or focus on.

Excellent

This happened to me twice. I was in a state of insomnia in a sort of depersonalized slightly dysphoric fog headed state for 24-36 hours, then when I could finally sleep.. I slept a solid 22 hours.. and I don't think my body moved at all from the position it was when I closed my eyes, woke up sore as fuck.

It felt like a dysphoric drunkenness the first 24 or so hours. The depersonalization dissociation type feeling was the ugliest effect for me.

This is definitely not a drug to play with imo - that is, use it purely for recreation. I am surprised it is sold so widely in supplement stores etc. Not that I am against laissez-faire availability of drugs, just surprised is all. IMO phenibut and supplements containing it should probably be 18+ etc. Since it is a GABA-ergic it can very well cause physical dependency that would result in dangerous acute withdrawal complications in severe cases. All GABA-ergics should probably be labelled to advise against using more than a week without medical advice and not stopping suddenly if one did use past a week without advice of a doctor.

That said, I am of the opinion that an adult should be able to purchase and ingest any drug they desire. But black box labelling [all caps warnings about serious risks with a drug] is something that should probably be used on OTC stuff not just Rx too. But IMO this is definitely not something minors should have access to without a medical reason.

Considering the wide availability of Phenibut, the low cost, and the fact its an FDA GRAS/E supplement, I am surprised it hasnt been in the news much for things like impaired driving, overdose, and serious injuries from withdrawal that occurs when one is dependent on GABA modulating drug.

Phenibut apparently agonizes GABA-A at higher doses. Whereas normal doses only agonize GABA-B. But agonizing either alone is enough to eventually cause physical dependency over time. And not the kind you can safely cold turkey from.

It also interacts with Phenethylamine which is the backbone skeleton for the vast majority of psychostimulants including Amphetamines. Perhaps just a coincidence and not consequential but something to consider for the paradoxical mania state. Phenibut is linked to increased DA levels in the CNS also, which is likely what yields the mania at first.

It's great when real information is passed on to members on what is really going on with this substance. Thank you.

I'm back on the Phenibut, works great for anxiety, though I have been taking too much, so I'm gonna start lowerin my dose agian. I have HORRID anxiety and this stuff helps soooo much. I've been taking 2 grams a day, gonna try to lower it back to 1200-1500mg agian though. My gaba receptors are all messed up though probly...between me taking 2-3 grams of Gabapentin, the main benzos(klons,valum,xanax), and phenibut, now not all at once, though I was mixing benzos ang Gabapentin alot for a while...have taken 2 grams of phenibut when I woke up and 6mg of xanax today(not a common occurance). Mixing phenibut and Gaba is a no no for me becaue it leads to randomly nodding out like crazy for some resone, and it's not a recreational nod, as say when gaba and benzo's are mixed...but I have found with Phenibut it's been a miracle for my anxiey. I look forward to waking up, I have a sex drive unlike when I was taking benzos all the time(and on suboxone, which led to NO SEX DRIVE AT ALL) with phenibut, takes care of anxeity/deppresion I"ve always suffered from, dosent give me a desire to redose because it makes me too drowsy. But works wonders for me, anyway.

How does phenibut compare to Baclofen? Is baclofen stronger or are they about the same as far as sleep goes? Because I have baclofen but I want to try phenibut for sleep/relaxation.. but if Baclofen is better then I'll just stick to that. Opinions?

phenibut only seems to help my social anxiety, not my general anxiety..the only nootropic that seems to have any positive effect on my anxiety is L Theanine and the difference it makes is barely noticeable at times..

I never got anything outta Balcofen to help my anxity honestly...

Yeah I think the only thing I like about Baclofen is sometimes it gives me more of an appetite and I'm trying to bulk up.. so that's always a plus. But as for anxiety.. doesn't do much!