• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut / Gabapentin (neurotin) COMBO!

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I know they are very much alike but over the past few weeks I've been downing 2.5-3G of phenibut in the AM along w/ my 2400MG gaba.

takes about an hour and a half considering the phenibut takes a bit to "kick in". but damn, I fucking love these two together. I am sure I could have just taken a heavier dose of one and probably got a similar reaction, but damn, feeling great right now.

I also took 12MG bupe this AM but I consider that nothing nowadays; I was a raging dope fiend and the bupe just makes me "normal" but who knows, maybe w/ the phenibut and gaba it makes it THAT much better, ya know!?

anyone else play around w/ these 2?

even have a few .5 xanny in the pocket for later; the "come down" you could say.

Gaba isn't very recreational unless it is your first day or two taking it. I don't know how long it takes to reset but I certainly wouldn't recommend taking them all the time. I know you know what you are doing, but gaba wd is no joke if you do get it. Worse than opiate withdrawal. Anybody that tells you otherwise, hasn't experienced it. Phenibut seems weird to me. I got withdrawals from it from only taking it a couple times a week for a couple months. Idk, I must be really sensitive to withdrawals though, but I really wouldn't take phenibut more than once a week.

you think gaba worse than opiate? no way, man! I've been taking Phenibut for the past 7yrs, and always have been able to keep it somewhat recreational but there have been times slight withdrawal has played it part. Phenibut 3x's a week spaced out has always been OK by me; of course, everyone is different, tho.

as far as the gabapentin/neurotin goes, the withdrawals are very slim. of course it all based on dosage, but I've taken 800MG/night for months and months and was able to come off w/o a problem. nowadays I've stopped taking them one by one and will just take 2400-4800MG doses every few days for that better "feel".

There is a certain mindfuck component that opiate withdrawal lacks. Certain people are more sensitive than others obviously. I think it happens more when you are on it for years, but every withdrawal is its own hell.

HR all that. I wonder how much a former benzo dependence plays into that equation though.

was benzo dependent for quite a bit; I still play w/ them here and there but only have .25 xanny and 1MG Etizolam, which is not necessarily a benzo, but a thienodiazepine which plays just like a benzo, and can pick up the same type addiction. the Etizolam is actually a legal drug here in the US; its still under medical review.

phenibut is something you have to be careful w/; the gabapentin is really not too much of a concern based on dosage, but even w/ a higher dose the gabapentin is not an easy "addiction" to pick up and the "withdrawal" is nothing too bad. anyone else agree w/ this? I've been on it for quite some time which is why I say this; also, many friends are on gabapentin around here because many Dr's scrip the gabapentin to those w/ past opiate problems.

I know you want someone else to chime in but the people that it does mess with, is no joke. You have to taper it, if you don't it can really fuck you up. There is a guy around here that was in withdrawal for two years from it and had to get back on it. For certain people, certain types of withdrawal can last for years. Hard to get addicted to it, but it can cause serious dependencies for some people. If you do get it, you'll wish you never started messing with it.

I am still on it right now, and have been on it for about four years. I only take 900 mg once a day but if I miss a dose, I start going into withdrawal. I had to go about a week without it once and it was hell. It certainly didn't seem like it was going to clear up very fast. I think eventually the doctors are going to wise up with this stuff. Hopefully sooner rather than later because there is a common misconception in the medical community that it doesn't cause WD. I think its more common than you think. It would not be fun in jail if you had a dependency on it. They really only care about alcohol and benzos and they really don't care that much about those either.

you talking about gabapentin withdrawal or phenibut? I've read many things about the phenibut but I have no worry based on my usage over the past 7 years; its not my everyday type drug. the gabapentin somewhat is, tho. but there are also days where ill do ZIP and still feel fine; could be the use of suboxone helping this out, tho.. which is why I ask the others on here what they think of neurotin/gabapentin and actual withdrawals.

shocked to hear you go through withdrawal at a 900MG/day dose of gabapentin. very weird to me because I was on 800MG/day for so long and would take days out w/o a worry or concern and feel fine; I also have a few friends who abuse their dosage and run out early but never have issues themselves.

gabapentin. I used to be on 3200/day. I tapered down to 900 mg relatively easily but having difficulty going lower. I kind of think, after messing with it for years, 1 g seems to be about saturation point. It doesn't seem to do much extra if you take more than that. That's my experience with it at least.

what are you taking it for? do you get a good "feel" from it or what?

I take Keppra as well; which is an anti-seizure drug. gabapentin is also used as an anti-seizure drug as well as many other things. so the gaba does not exactly have the same type effect on me as it may on others because its used for an actual purpose, but when I take it in higher doses I occasionally I will get a "good" feel from it.

When I was in a halfway house they put me on it. That was a few years ago. I am BP II and they told me it didn't have withdrawals. I thought it seemed like a decent anxiety med at the time. Seemed better than benzos as I didn't want to have to go through that withdrawal again. They told me both of the drugs I was put on didn't have wds. Zyprexa and gaba. I didn't have the resources to do any proper digging at the time though. Here I am, a year into zyprexa withdrawal and a gaba dependency.

again dude, I am shocked.. because I've been on gaba myself for quite a while and I go through no withdrawal whatsoever. then again, it could be the suboxone helping me through that and me not realizing it; I never heard of it working that way but who knows, it might.

I've taken gaba for months and months at 800MG/day, sometimes 1600/MG, and would run out a week early and just stop and never have a withdrawal whatsoever.

have you ever done phenibut?

Yeah, I can't take it though. It fucks up my zyprexa withdrawal even if I take it once. When dealing with year plus types of withdrawal you begin to not be overly sensitive to drugs. Pretty much everything will make it worse. I've seen this happen to people from gaba which is why i say what I do. For some people it is harmless, for others, it can wreck your life.

shocked to hear all this; of course I've read it a few times but its been so much different w/ me and also the many people I know.

gaba has always helped me out in a positive way; phenibut has never been a problem for me. I can see where people can pick up an addiction but I've always been a dope junkie, so the phenibut was something I did just for "fun" on certain days. even to this day I still only use it a few times a week tops! the reason I use phenibut is because I could no longer get GHB, which was a fav. of mine, so about 7yrs ago, maybe more, I came across phenibut and it has somewhat a similar feel, but much longer to actually get that feel.

hm never knew gabapentin and phenibut worked together i thought they werent a good mix. hm.

btw gabapentin works much better if you take like 900mg every hour with soda and build it up, or like 600mg every hour, as well eating food helps its absorption.

btw gabapentin works much better if you take like 900mg every hour with soda and build it up, or like 600mg every hour, as well eating food helps its absorption.

not once a tolerance is built; then those 300-900MG/doses become a waste; even if it is over the course of a few hours and built to at least 2400-3200/MG. how many MGs you take over the course of a day!?

and btw, phenibut and gaba are VERY SIMILAR drugs, so they work together quite well.

I took gabapentin for 7 weeks at a dose of 1500-2400mg per day. It totally fucked me up.

Withdrawals from it have been the worse experience ever, 100x worse than cold turkey of benzos. Jammin is right; the psychological component has been on another level for me. HORRIBLE de realization, irrational fears, depression, etc.

But everybody is different as you've said. Based upon my experience, however, I'd recommend all steer clear of this.

Phenibut withdrawal was fucking terrible for me. Its been almost two months and I still look back and cringe at those two weeks of hell. I would hate to experience phenibut and gaba withdrawal at the same time.

again dude, I am shocked.. because I've been on gaba myself for quite a while and I go through no withdrawal whatsoever.

I have read multiple times that some people are much more prown to the WD of Gabapentin while others can quit it without a taper but dosage and duration do still matter.

There was one guy in the german Drug-Forum who was convinced that it does not cause WD for anybody and was proven wrong by another member who has been taking it over a year for nerve pain.

Gabapentin is strange stuff. I can take such little doses as 100mg for sleep and it works fantastic, but more than 300mg during the day and I am in kind of a stupor (lightweight btw).

This doesn't have to do with Gabepentin, but just out of curiosity is it safe for me to combine Klonopin and Phenibut?

Likewise, would it be safe for me to combine Lorazapam (Ativan) and Phenibut?

I've heard that it is because one is a GABA A drug and the other is a GABA B drug but is this really a verified FACT that doctors recognize, that GABA As can be mixed safely with GABA Bs??

Have people here combined Phenibut with a benzo like Klonopin and been ok??

The highest dose Klonopin I would take is 1.5mgs and I don't exceed 4,000mgs of Phenibut.