• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut for ALL types of withdrawal?

Retired Trashcan

Bluelighter
Mods, if this is the wrong place for this, please move it. And I did UTFSE first.
Throughout the years, I have used Phenibut to get off of everything from alcohol and benzos, to stims, to opiates/opiods. And yes, I have gotten addicted to Phenibut. I am more curious as to why this is so. Does stimulating the GABA,-b receptors override everything else or what?
I would appreciate opinions and/or facts about this subject.

^Yes, it definitely does. I'm in agreement with Retired Trashcan. The Gabapentinoids are the medication for withdrawal. I feel it's like the Gospel and I've gotta tell as many people as possible. Not only is it super effective, it doesn't interfere with the progress of the withdrawal syndrome in any way. The class of drugs includes Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut (OTC), as well as several other that never made it to market. Baclofen, while chemically similar to the other drugs, doesn't have any of the desired effect of the previously mentioned three.

I really don't know what exactly makes the drugs so effective, but damn, they really are great. They've made a lot of my withdrawal experiences bearable.

I'd like to move this to Advance Drug Discussion to see if any of those brainiacs can fill us in on what makes the drug so effective.

I couldn't agree more. Ironically I was interested in using phenibut to get off gabapentin...im not sure what kind of dose to start off with. I've been taking close to 10 800mg generic gabapentin a day. I'm aware that u can get addicted to phenibut as well, but I want to try it bc I can't afford/find the gabapentin anymore...

I couldn't agree more. Ironically I was interested in using phenibut to get off gabapentin...im not sure what kind of dose to start off with. I've been taking close to 10 800mg generic gabapentin a day. I'm aware that u can get addicted to phenibut as well, but I want to try it bc I can't afford/find the gabapentin anymore...
thats gnarly wow 8 grams a day... i thought my 1200-1800 mgs a day was bad. you need to taper 400 mgs gabapetin every 1-3 days depending what you can handle thats what i did until i was splitting 600 mg pill into two 300s and those into 4 75s and spread that out the day taking 75 mgs every so hours just to have a pill fixation feeling like im taking a lot when im not

Im not sure why gabapentinoids are so effective at decreasing withdrawal symptoms, but i believe its because GABA itself is a neurotransmitter that slows everything else down, allowing for your body to recuperate at a better pace. I know that explanation is super general and not scientifically based at all, but its about as specific as i can get. I am prescribed both pregabalin and baclofen, and despite what has been said here, i actually find baclofen to be pretty useful, i just have to stagger the dosages very slowly to get any effects.

thats gnarly wow 8 grams a day... i thought my 1200-1800 mgs a day was bad. you need to taper 400 mgs gabapetin every 1-3 days depending what you can handle thats what i did until i was splitting 600 mg pill into two 300s and those into 4 75s and spread that out the day taking 75 mgs every so hours just to have a pill fixation feeling like im taking a lot when im not

8 grams a day of Gabapentin (Neurontin) is nothing. Believe me when I say that I'm not dicksizing or trying to leave people in awe, but it's not uncommon for me to take 50g of Gabapentin in a 24 hour period if I've worked my tolerance up. This is in only 4 days or so of use, but I'd be using it to control severe withdrawal symptoms. The point I'm trying to make, is that I'm not really familiar with any harm being caused by these drugs, even in high dosages.

Except, there were a couple of instances where I consumed Gabapentin in high doses and it caused me to experience convulsions. I'm not talking about epileptic seizures or anything, just weird jerking movements of my limbs and my eyes would "wiggle" so much that it would be hard to focus, but that's the most serious side-effect I've ever experienced. If it occurs, I just lay down. Aside from that, I've never really had any issues at all.

I think that the biggest issue that we are bound to encounter with these substances is going to be addiction and dependence as opposed to acute negative effects. I'm not at all familiar with this, as my Gabapentinoid use has always run in cycles - 3 days on/5 days off etc. - but I here that it can be quite severe, being compared to both Benzodiazepine and Opioid withdrawal by people who had experienced both.

I feel that, just like Benzodiazepines, these ban be miracle drugs with potential for causing little to no harm if used with a certain degree of responsibility, but if you lose control, things can apparently get quite bad.

^Yes, it definitely does. I'm in agreement with Retired Trashcan. The Gabapentinoids are the medication for withdrawal. I feel it's like the Gospel and I've gotta tell as many people as possible. Not only is it super effective, it doesn't interfere with the progress of the withdrawal syndrome in any way. The class of drugs includes Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut (OTC), as well as several other that never made it to market. Baclofen, while chemically similar to the other drugs, doesn't have any of the desired effect of the previously mentioned three.

I really don't know what exactly makes the drugs so effective, but damn, they really are great. They've made a lot of my withdrawal experiences bearable.

I'd like to move this to Advance Drug Discussion to see if any of those brainiacs can fill us in on what makes the drug so effective.

Preach!

I'm fairly certain that gabapentinoids will become widely used by medical practicioners as a tapering/WD tool in the future.

I have to say my experience with phenibut and gabapentin made me look up some more info on Bluelight. For me I don't find gabapentin and phenibut interchangeable for opiate withdrawals or even effect. To me they are different drugs. It could my body chemistry or the chemistry of the drugs. Gabapentin helps me with opiate withdrawal to the point I don't even feel withdrawal. I have not used a lot and only have sparingly. But phenibut (and I have used all kinds sparingly for 10 years) does not help beyond a certain point. I can tell a big difference in action.

I have no experience in the differences in withdrawal from either substance having used both very sparingly.

So searching Bluelight for answers I came upon this thread. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-703067.html

Also I notice Seiko and Psood0nym (RIP) talk about different modes of actions in my searches here in different threads comparing gabapentin and phenibut. So while they may be gabapentinoids some differences make them effect me differently.

I have to say my experience with phenibut and gabapentin made me look up some more info on Bluelight. For me I don't find gabapentin and phenibut interchangeable for opiate withdrawals or even effect. To me they are different drugs. It could my body chemistry or the chemistry of the drugs. Gabapentin helps me with opiate withdrawal to the point I don't even feel withdrawal. I have not used a lot and only have sparingly. But phenibut (and I have used all kinds sparingly for 10 years) does not help beyond a certain point. I can tell a big difference in action.

I have no experience in the differences in withdrawal from either substance having used both very sparingly.

So searching Bluelight for answers I came upon this thread. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-703067.html

Also I notice Seiko and Psood0nym (RIP) talk about different modes of actions in my searches here in different threads comparing gabapentin and phenibut. So while they may be gabapentinoids some differences make them effect me differently.

I think it mainly depends on the individual. Gabapentin does next to nothing for me but pregabalin is miraculous. Some people swear by gabapentin though

Phenibut also helps me a lot with sleep. However I've heard so many scare stories about the addiction/withdrawal I don't know what to think. I never used it consecutive days but I still feel it may have caused some withdrawal/rebound anxiety often.

Baclofen, while chemically similar to the other drugs, doesn't have any of the desired effect of the previously mentioned three.

Not entirely true. Baclofen is now being used very successfully to treat alcohol withdrawal symptoms and promote abstinence.

Yeah baclofen has been pretty helpful for me (not alcoholism, but kratom dependency), but i still prefer the effects of phenibut more, i just hate that it takes so damn long to kick in.