• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos phenibut, etizolam, alcohol, nightmare...help me out?

KauaiKrippler

Greenlighter
Hello all, there's some background here:

3-4 years alprazolam prescripted 2-3 mg/day

middling to strong alcohol use throughout (4-6 units per day?)

( I should say at this point I quit alcohol for up to a year at a time without issue, alprazolam helped in the extreme, though the alcohol free period didn'tlast)

switched by psycho-doc to clonazepam 2 mg per day 1-2 years

Never felt/got physically addicted to either benzo

I felt major anxiety needs not met by clonazepam...........damn, discovered etizolam, and alcohol came back woo hooo......

I began to use etizolam/alcohol to alleviate anxiety symptoms (I.E. to feel like a"normal human being")

Ended up with a 6-8 mg/day etizolam habit w/4-6 units booze..........began to experience classic "intra-dose withdrawls" (ex IV H user kicked 3 times, it felt quite familiar w/o the gastrointestinal nightmare.)

at this time my routine was 2 mg etiz morning, 2-4 etiz mid-day, 600mg phenibut, always at 4pm, several cocktails and 2-4 mg etiz at night. Damn I slept well.....

Knew it could never last, and began an exit strategy. I had piles of clonazepam for a taper. I began to follow ashton xanax chart subbing 1 mg clonaz, for 10 mg diaz and 2 mg clonaz for 20 mg diaz.

My problem is I feel I'm getting in deeper rather than out! Where am I going wrong? I'm ready to trim these clonaz down to crumbs but I feel more addicted than before.......any help from someone with experience would be much appreciated. when crippling anxiety hits at around 4pm.....I still use booze. NOTHING else helps :/ (I know booze is a nighmare fix) Ciao and peace to all

Well You're going to want to avoid all GABAergic drugs, i.e.; Alcohol..

Most people prefer to switch to a long acting benzo, when creating a taper regiment. Possibly join a NA/AA group?

What has your doctor said about your 'exit' strategy?

The doc doesn't know about the etizolam....I told him I want to taper off clonazepam. He seems somewhat clueless with a lecture about how clonazepam is longer acting than valium and offered lorazepam which was a little baffling. Going to work on stopping alcohol use today. Maybe speed up the taper I'm almost entirely off the etiz then tackle clonaz...12 step programs turned me off a decade or two ago. Many thanks for your reply......

Going to work on stopping alcohol use today. Maybe speed up the taper I'm almost entirely off the etiz then tackle clonaz...

Stopping alcohol and speeding up the taper imo is a bad idea.
Both act on GABA and withdrawal can kill you. Imo you should stay on the clonazepam, fast taper the alcohol and then taper the clonazepam. One at a time or withdrawal can be hell on earth.
You've been on the stuff for a rather long time at high doses, so imo a slow taper is preferable.

I am more clueless that I thought regarding alcohol units (google).......'course the "just drink less" theory works by me. gonna cut back by a drink a day. taking my last etizolam tonight....then taper clonaz per ashton. Interesting, I seem to get the 4pm anxiety shivers only every other day so I think it's a good thing. Got some good bali kratom....recommended as needed or no?

On another note I have a major sit down with lawyers and a bankruptcy trustee in 2 weeks......how bad would an etizolam dose for that meeting set me back? I'll be a wreck but will tough it if it will "wreck" my taper off clonazepam. mahalo to all, keoki

You don't need to taper off each and every different benzo. You can use one benzo to taper off of many. You could probably even use them to taper off alcohol.

Are you trying to get off all of it or just the etizolam?
If so just switch back to Klonopin, or go to you're doctor, get back on the Xanax, and problem solved?

If you want off all of it, you'll need to taper like 1mg/week, and 1 drink every week. You could maybe be getting tapered off within a month or 2 in that case, depending on your intake.

Just watch out for severe withdrawal symptoms...if you get those, don't torture yourself and deny yourself meds.
Hell, if nothing else, take it at bedtime so you can actually sleep alright and wake up everyday well rested, and with enough residual GABAergic drugs in you're nervous system to get you through the morning, at least.

P.S. I say all this assuming you're highly dependent, as you say you'd been taking 3mg Xanax/day for 3 years? and alcohol as well? Yup, you're likely dependent in that case. In any case, the first cut is NOT the deepest, take THAT yusseff mohommad/Sheryl Crowe....however if you continue to use the stuff without any reduction in frequency or dose the withdrawal sypmtoms will gradually become worse each time you repeat the cycle.

IMO benzos are easy to kick...as long as you can sleep. So sleep good..eat 3X a day, and take a multivitamin. Drink booze, it's healthy...unless you're one of those problem drinkers (like every other person in my family, lol), in which case you might taper you're booze before you taper the benzos.

Thanks for the advice Treefo.....done with the etiz today and cutting back on booze. I feel fine today(back on my original clonaz scrip) . Something those Indians put in the "thienzo" formula........It's the only one that bit me. I think I'll be fine tapering down the clonazepam to a lower dosage. All in all things're looking up, mahalo

Hello all, in desperate need of info about pregabalin for alchol detox. I have 800mg.....will this amount help me? I have major anxiety attacks at 4pm my usual acohol start time (caused a relapse in the etizolam taper though I have lots of clonazepam for that). Clueless to pregabalin but I know it can help. Any dosage suggestions?.......alll help much appreciated. Mahalo........................

Hello all, in desperate need of info about pregabalin for alchol detox. I have 800mg.....will this amount help me? I have major anxiety attacks at 4pm my usual acohol start time (caused a relapse in the etizolam taper though I have lots of clonazepam for that). Clueless to pregabalin but I know it can help. Any dosage suggestions?.......alll help much appreciated. Mahalo........................
start 50mg and wait 2 hours.