• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut destroying my sleep, need help

Solvaring

Greenlighter
Haven't slept in a few days, just got over a cold. Did not respect the Phenibut, started out using it 30 days ago, switched to F-Phenibut about 2 weeks ago because of its higher potency and purported effects of less dependency and tolerance.

Yesterday i just took 100milligrams of f-phenibut and a shitload of over the counter sleep aids because it's time for me to come off of it but i think I might lose my mind from lack of sleep before I do. I've sent a message to my psych to get me off seroquel and onto gabapentin because the seroquel stopped working a long time ago, for a while the phenibut was giving me beautiful sleep. Unfortunately i'm on a suboxone maintenance program and drug test once a month and i'm listed in the kaiser medical system as a patient of CDRP so my options are extremely limited. I don't think i'd ever be able to find a doctor with my insurance plan that would actually help me, it's so frustrating. If i go in to my sub doc and test dirty for something then I start phase 1 of intensive treatment all over again even though i have over 2 years without an opiate.

Really stuck right now.

Anyone have any experience conquering this beast? I should have known better, with all my experience I really should have...

Phenibut is basically a gabapentinoid - acting like drugs suchs as gabapentin and pregabalin. But those don't really act that significantly on the GABA system (yes on glutamate decarboxylase a bit) despite the names.

F-Phenibut is likely much more of a GABA b agonist like baclofen. That is NOT the kind of gabaergic benzos or alcohol are though. Baclofen is not known for being appropriate for self-medication nor is it like drugs that are.

So I'd cut out that F-phenibut and be very careful about considering it phenibut-like. If you're confused about the similarity of any of those drugs (or lack of similarity), that could be the reason for not getting the effects you're looking for.