• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut conversion (brand change)

lvh

Greenlighter
Right now, I am used to taking a certain phenibut powder.Now I have to change and try a different one(the previous company doesnt make this anymore)

I just bought some FAA Phenibut from Liftmode. The potency is stronger- 99+%, My previous phenibut was more like 97%, though that is going by some other retailer. Is it fair to say to get an equivalent dose from my current one that I would just take 2% off of it. It seems like it should be true but I want to be sure- my body is sensitive to changes so I need to try my best to getit right.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sure, if you think you're going to be that sensitive, just adjust the dose by few milligrams.

I think the brand names need to be edited out because they are essentially vendor names. We don't discuss sources here.

If the previous phenibut you used is regular phenibut (phenibut HCL) and the new stuff you're getting is FAA phenibut then you also need to take this into consideration when figuring out your dose.

FAA phenibut and regular phenibut would not be dosed at the same amount for the same level of effects. I am not familiar with the differences so I won't make any suggestions but hopefully somebody who knows can offer assistance.

The potency given by the vendor is not so important in this regard. The difference between 97 and 99% can be ignored. The fact that these two are in different forms with different rates of absorption is what matters.

Thanks for suggestions. I did edit out the brandname, BTW :)
I spoke with someone at 2 different companies and they said the difference would be about 20%- didnt expect that, but good I asked!

Adverse reaction from Phenibut

I ended up buying my usual phenibut from a different retailer this time.

I am sure it was the same thing-product-wise, but it had a completely difft effect. First thing, was that the pill was supposed to be 250mg then upon weighing it it was 500. It took my usual dose, weighing on the scale as I usually do. Soon after I got some intense anxiety and jitteriness. Making sure it wasn't possibly something else I tried it again and same thing. It has kept me really up during the day and at night too so I can't sleep even with extra help. It is not a 'high I would say, but def picks me up a bit, and of course the sleep thing is a big issue.

I am hoping this will go away soon-how long could it take to clear this? I think I took about 900mg yesterday spaced out.
I also wonder what it could be that was in there- could expired product cause that. I feel like I want to get it tested. I told the company and they didnt have much to say but they were willing to give my money back.

Are you aware that you can develop a physical dependence to phenibut? Some of the unpleasant effects could result from mild withdrawal if your dose suddenly falls. Which begs the question: is there a reason you take this every day (I mean, that's how it reads)?

Thanks for suggestions. I did edit out the brandname, BTW :)
I spoke with someone at 2 different companies and they said the difference would be about 20%- didnt expect that, but good I asked!

I did some digging around on Reddit and people's experiences vary. Some report FAA is almost twice as strong, some say 1.5 times stronger, some say 1.2, etc. Guess it's just one of those things that varies person to person? Not suprising really since even regular phenibut is quite variable amount people to begin with.

In theory FAA should be ~20% stronger because it's just the free amino acid version whereas regular phenibut is weighted down with the hcl. I think this is where the vendors got the ~20% they gave you. It makes sense but keep in mind your individual reaction to it might be different. The FAA is likely to be stronger but by how much exactly, for you, will need to determined through trial and error.

Best way would be to start small and slowly work your way up over several different times, just like you would if was your very first time with a new drug.

Another important point: How are you measuring your phenibut? Best way is with a scale. If you are using measuring scoops, like the ones that often come with nootropics, it is important to realise that the density of FAA phenibut is likely to be very different than the density of the phenibut HCL you used to get. So a spoonfull of the old stuff would not weigh the same as a spoonfull of the new stuff you're getting. This is why using a scale is a good idea.

Phenibut FAA is going to have a much milder taste then the phenibut HCL you are used to, so don't be alarmed if it looks/smells/tastes different then what you are used to. Hope it works out for you. I would be interested in hearing back about your experience with it, we haven't had much discussion here of the FAA version of phenibut.

Last edited:
You need to allow the phenibut FAA time to dissolve before ingesting it, 10+ minutes. I don't recommend taking it in capsules.

As pointed out, the densities of the powder are different, so you need to measure your dose by weight instead of just using the same scoop as before. If you only know the volume of your phenibut dose and not the exact weight, the first thing you need to do is figure that out. And even after figuring out what you think the volume of an equivalent dose of FAA is, I would recommend you always weigh your FAA dose. Where with HCL you can figure out how much volume corresponds to what you want to take, and just scoop the proper amount; FAA is "fluffy" so it will be harder to dose a consistent amount by volume. Of course, due to phenibuts high doses, slow come on, and mild effects variances in dose will be much more forgiving than other compounds.

Because of differences in pharmacokinetics, I would recommend you take only half of your regular dose the first day, gauge the effects, and go from there.

Last edited:
Ok, I am merging this one

and tablets commonly weigh more than the active ingredient (Phenibut, presumably)

CFC question stand; also, although grey marks dealers/vendors may not be the most reputable (so they say) Phenibut is legal, so there should be no difference significantly between the same brand

~Merged~ ( or soon to be)