• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Phenibut and alcohol. When is it safe to indulge in alcohol again?

sugar.clothing

Bluelighter
I've been a regular user of phenibut for three years. By regular I mean 600mg once every three-four weeks. I know caffeine and alcohol are potentiated. But when is it safe to enjoy a beer after taking phenibut?

At that dose, any time is fine.

For the record, i've taken (up until recently) ~4g of phenibut a night for years, on top of which I've averaged about a bottle of wine/night of alcohol.

Granted I don't recommend this but if you have a tolerance to both the combination isn't exactly russian roulette. The bigger issue isn't so much the risk of compounded CNS depression but rather the strain on internal organs (like liver and kidneys).

I once had some acute liver damage from phenibut + alcohol + nootropic stack I was taking. Brown urine and ammonia smelling sweat for 3 days. However I was taking very very high doses of all 3 in combination at the same time, and I believe the nootropic stack had a lot to do with it. Was also taking kratom.

Occasional/sporadic low dose phenibut with reasonable alcohol use should be fine, but can cause dangerous blackouts if combined together.

Last edited: