• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Phenibut alternative

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
Ok, so i've been winding my way slowly through a long and torrid love affair with various gaba-x chemicals, and to be honest, i would love a little extra sociability, help sleeping... and that's about it. amnesia, ataxia, aggression, horrid withdrawals and bad decisions not so much. Soooooo, having abused/been habituated to benzos, GHB, alcohol and most recently dabbled in phenibut(I very wisely used minimally as i assessed immediately upon it hitting my receptors i was dealing with a heavy gaba-B agonist) - i just want something that helps with anxiety and sleep? to this end, i've ordered some

Baicalin Powder - 20 Grams (0.71 Oz) - 99% Pure - FBLM Baicalin Powder and was considering picamilon, i just wanted anyone with feedback/other suggestions. is there a particularly good kava preparation? ill let you guys know what i think of the biacalin.

ever try gabapentin?it works pretty well in regards to sleep and extra sociability..

Picamilon is bullshit. I have had a bottle of it for years its so ineffective and worse, if you have an active benzo addiction, it throws you into instant withdrawal. I wouldn't be surprised to find that it did the same with GABA-B as well.

I wouldn't think that baicalin would be very effective either. If it was, it would be all over the forums here.

Gabapentin is a poor substitute for anything if you ask me.

Well the next best replacement for phenibut would be baclofen but AFAIK it carries the same risks of phenibut so idk if you wanna go down that path. I'm also not sure if it's legal without a script although I have seen it on a well known indian online pharmacy. Ever try valerian extract? Kava? Chammomile? (sp?), doxylamine is a also a great otc sedative, far superior to DPH. Hydroxyzine is also an antihistamine commonly used for anxiety/insomnia and I heard its not too bad.

well, ive got the biacalin in the mail so i'll do some tests and let you know, the others are pretty much the responses i expected. Phenibut is fascinating stuff, I have been trying to generate discussion about it here and there. it's potentially dangerous opiate potentiating nature and pretty extreme addictive properties. It's great, imo, but you have to bear all that in mind. Let's just say i like it so much that i'm very much looking forward to my last dose out of a 50g batch (some 3 gs left) and can't wait to take it, as it's been ten or more days so i should get a good experience. At the same time, i'm extremely leary of purchasing another 50g batch of bulk powder.

I've used gabapentin, and found it moderately effective, but it never really DOES that much even in doses up to 3200mg, at least for me. It is, however, a godsend for withdrawals from gaba-b agonists, opiates and generally anything, but has it's own weird withdrawal profile.

I would personally recommend kava because it has absolutely no tolerance (actually there is a reverse tolerance), no withdrawal and no dependence. Kava would address every symptom you're having.

You can toss and wash kava, make kava by either blending or agitating/kneading (the traditional method) or by taking a good extract. The only two catches with kava are that
1. (Most importantly) you need goog quality root
2. There is a reverse tolerance for some wherein you need to dose daily for a few days before the full effect is felt

Picamilon is bullshit. I have had a bottle of it for years its so ineffective and worse, if you have an active benzo addiction, it throws you into instant withdrawal. I wouldn't be surprised to find that it did the same with GABA-B as well.

Tend to agree, here. I'd avoid Picamilon.

I've never heard of biacalin before. I love Phenibut so I'm going to give this a whizz :)

None of the substances mentioned are close to phenibut in my experience. If you want something to calm you down then look into Kava, magnolia root bark, and L-theanine.

getting some l-theanine today, will report back when i receive the biacalin. I think i'm going to give the kava ordering route a try, i'm fairly certain that i've not had good enough quality root to really get into the effects. I already use kratom on a daily basis, but am weaning back my usage preferably to every other day so i need a fill in supplement, also, kanna makes me nervous as bees :)

Unfortunately, kava is banned in the UK, can't describe how much that pisses me off. I'd consider myself a phenibut addict myself, taking up to 12 g a day, although I've been cycling with etizolam. Since capping my phenibut, I've been finding it a lot easier to taper btw.

as an update here - I rather like picamilon. Ive been taking it, fasoracetam, and whoever suggested it - KAVA is great. get through the reverse tolerance and man, it's been a godsend. Works rather well for light dt's as well. I'm starting to feel much more regulated, like my gaba a/b systems are getting better through the faso/kava/pica combo. starting to feel naturally relaxed again etc. But yeah, kava and fasoracetam ftw. also experimenting a bit with skullcap/biac and gotu kola. hopefully it doesn't aggravate things. valerian seems to.