Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut-2nd time-I'ts always nice to be legal

liftedgift

Bluelighter
This was my second time taking phenibut but the largest amount I had taken. Took 4g throughout 8 hours or so.

First dose was .8g taken on an empty stomach, waited about an hour and took 5-6g of Bali plain leaf kratom. Let me say this legal and drug test free combo is very nice. I have taken many benzos but my last benzo dose was 2 years ago so my GABA receptors were basically virgin once again and just waiting for some love.

Was feeling nice, but as I had the day off to experiment I wanted to see what all this talk was about( I have always been curious about phenibut, I've heard good things but also bad things so I was weary).

Took another gram and headed over to a friends where they were having a barbecue and most people were drinking. Usually I would be hesitant in social situations like this especially with people I barely knew but the phenibut made social interaction a breeze. Wouldn't say as strong as xanax but it was like being drunk without the dirty feeling I get with alcohol. But still a little different.

Basically had 0 anxiety the whole night, ended up taking about 2 more grams at the bbq. I had read online that people had gotten really nauseous with 4g+, I did experience a really weird dizzy feeling. Almost like the spins but I had absolutely no nausea and it came in waves. My vision seemed really widescreen or something too, pretty weird feeling. When I got home I think the 2gs I took late in the bbq really kicked in because I was extremely dizzy but again no nausea. I actually ended up pigging out even more at my house.

Closed my eyes and poof 8 hours later woke up, seriously sleep on phenibut is amazing. So quick and to the point, no waking up fucked up or anything just get your rest and done.

Although I should rephrase that because I did wake up just like I had fallen asleep, with a weird dizzyness. I ate some kratom and drank a cup of coffee and within an hour the dizziness went away and I felt AMAZING. Seriously, the day after feeling I got with this large dose was better than the actual high. Had awesome energy, and again no anxiety. Actually sat outside for a bit then went off to work. Work was actually fun, talked to everyone and was just so calm. Extreme calmness should be phenibut's new name.

I've heard horror stories however about the addiction and withdrawal so I want to keep it at least a week in between doses. This was my second time taking it and it will be a struggle to keep it a week between doses hah, that is the trouble with good drugs like phenibut. Although I had no reason to take it on consecutive days because I was already feeling awesome.

Hope this helps with anyone looking to try it out, it really does help with anxiety. Remember keep the doses small .5-1g and wait a few hours even on an empty stomach. Pheni takes awhile to take effect.

Agree on all of this. I've used between 1 and 1.5-2.0 grams, and I can say that the effect is quite brutal and so powerful after about 4 hours. Socializing is a breeze. I can't normally do this, and with mild partial schizophrenia/asperger type problems I have, the problems make things a lot more difficult and I'm feeling really tense all the time. I tend to think about negative stuff and get into an obsession cycle, try to think about something pleasant but cannot succeed.

Phenibut makes living life the way I want to live life possible. But, alas, I can only really live one or two days per month. The rest it's just suffering, albeit on a low level. But still suffering.

My problems plague me almost every...single...day...without...fail
I find it hard to remember a single day where I felt good or truly happy and stress free the entire day.

Honestly, I can't see myself living to 90. I will be dead long long long before then - it will be either stress-related (heart attack, stroke, REGARDLESS OF DIET) or by suicide.

You might have tried but, exercise(weight lifting for me) and kratom have done wonders for my depression/anxiety. I was always a shy kid and when I found benzos I fell in love. I'm 2 years benzo free so that might be factoring in too, as my brain has returned to "normal"(which is still a very socially awkward brain when sober). Although we all know how the benzo road goes so it may have made the problem even worse.

If only there was a magic substance that had the effect of benzos with no withdrawal and tolerance...ah what an amazing thing that would be.

5-6g of kratom is a good dose for someone with no tolerance. you might want to try phenibut by itself if you hadn't done that the first time. i find it to be very effective at promoting placidity & sociability as well.

thank you for the report, it was enjoyable to read.

Little bit of a follow up: I took this 4g dose on wednesday night. Took another gram friday afternoon and another 2.5g on saturday. Broke my week rule badly lol. It is now Tuesday night and maybe I'm just analyzing it more than usual but I think I have a slight withdrawal, just kind of bored and tired. No rebound anxiety that I could tell of but I'm going to wait until Saturday to dose again.

liftedgift said:
Little bit of a follow up: I took this 4g dose on wednesday night. Took another gram friday afternoon and another 2.5g on saturday. Broke my week rule badly lol. It is now Tuesday night and maybe I'm just analyzing it more than usual but I think I have a slight withdrawal, just kind of bored and tired. No rebound anxiety that I could tell of but I'm going to wait until Saturday to dose again.
Yeah, that could be. I had read about withdrawals before I ever used phenibut but none of the report I read stated exactly how little time it can take to set yourself up for significant withdrawals (I figured from the mechanism of action it was more along the lines of benzos or ghb in that respect). I used it every two or three days for a couple weeks and never had an issue. Then I used it twice a day for three days in a row (around 4 or 5 grams per day). The first night sober after that was fine, but the next two nights I didn't sleep at all and I felt vaguely ill all the time, and then there was about a week of chemical depression after that -- during which I tried to alleviate the symptoms with 1 gram doses every other night. That helped to sleep but not with the depression, and I think it may have prolonged the withdrawal.

I've been an emotionally healthy poly-drug recreationist for over a decade, and that was my first withdrawal from anything. It wasn't unbearable at that level, but the persistence of it wore on me and the way there wasn't necessarily a noticeable improvement day to day was worrisome (esp. reading about people claiming they've not felt normal for years after their first phenibut withdrawal). Even after a lengthy break afterwards (1.5 months) 2 grams didn't get me to the same place it used to, and higher doses continue to have a more stimulating edge than before. Now I do a maximum of one large dose (3- 4g) per week or two small doses separated by at least three days. I think the fact that phenibut bites back hard and fast -- and hangs on like a fucking pit bull -- is a big part of why it has remained legal in the U.S (here's a taste of hell to teach you druggies not to stray from work, church, and consumerism!).

LOL I could see that.

I've read reports of people taking it 2-3 times a week too with no issues but as soon as they dose every day things get shaky. This stuff does build tolerance really quick. Any withdrawal symptoms I had are not even noticable. Part of me wants to try and see if 2 times a week with a couple days in between can work. We'll see

I love phenibut. It's like two drugs in one - day one and day two. The first day is great - sociable, a bit stimulated, excited about ideas, music sounds amazing. The I sleep like a baby. The second day is flat out euphoria. Not high, really, just a remarkable emotional euphoria that lasts all day. It mixes well with psychedelics too, on either day.

I do find that I have a rebound insomnia usually on the night following the second day. Perhaps some people are more sensitive but I feel fortunate that I'm not compelled to take it often. I use it once a month or so - for parties or other social functions - and I have a blast rather than feeling I have to endure the socializing.

Respect this stuff. Just to emphasize what everyone else over the internet says it does build tolerance and an cause withdrawal VERY quick.

First time I took it on consecutive days I had slight insomnia...waited a couple days than started dosing 1 day then 2 off then 1 day on and 2 off, etc.

Never had problems this way with tolerance but I guess it had built up in my system because as I took it 2 days in a row (for the second time) I had some noticable and uncomfortable withdrawals. Really strong feelings of impending doom and anxiety when I tried to sleep, didn't sleep very much until I remembered I had some kava root powder which really took some of the edge off.

Woke up feeling horrible and had to go to work so I took 2 gs and felt way better, now it has been 3 full days off and I'm still not 100% but I'm sleeping fine now. Probably going to hold off for atleast a week. Seems like the 2gs was enough to taper me down from the 2 day binge.

Be careful. Phenibut withdrawal can last for up to a week and is honestly, well, pretty awful. I had insomnia for a couple of days, only got half the normal sleep and was in a shitty and edgy mood for 2 days. I don't like being edgy, it can get to the point where I consider topping myself which is NOT a good thing. The total withdrawal lasted a week, with most of it gone in 5 days. I didn't take much either, only 1.5 grams one day, one day nothing, then another 1.5 grams, then one day nothing, about 4 times. I haven't used it now for at least 3 weeks, so it should help to reset my tolerance.

The euphoria and pleasant easy going feeling I get on phenibut is better than when I'm on barbiturates, and not by a little bit either. To quote one of my old friends: I can't believe it's legal!

Phuck phenibut. I liked it the 2nd and 5th time I tried it. The 6th time made me flush what I had left. That stuff is just all over the place with its effects. Nodding the next day was what killed it for me.

I decided to take some after the reading the reviews - http://www.phenibut.org/reviews/

I loved it while I was on it, but like other users are reporting, the withdrawl can be a bitch. I took it three times and all three times I experienced bad come downs. Had to stop it.

Careful of this. It's a GABA analogue and will cross the BBB completely within 4-8 hours. It's not all that different to GHB in terms of general inebriation. I've compared both. GHB hits a LOT faster, but the effects are comparable. One standard dose of GHB is equivalent to about 3 grams of Phenibut. The difference with GHB and Phenibut is that with GHB the euphoria is felt almost immediately, whereas with Phenibut it takes several hours, and in some cases euphoria isn't felt until the next day.

So, given that, it shouldn't be illegal or even controlled at all. But, like alcohol, you should be very careful not to overuse it, as you WILL become dependent on it and then once you try to kick it you will be bleeding in the gutter. A friend said he felt terrible, with constant anxiety and highly stressed out, after using it everyday for 2 weeks then tried to stop. He was taking 1.5-2 grams per day. He tells me he wishes he never touched it. But he was being irresponsible. I only take it once a month. It works, I take 1g, I get a ying-yang effect. The ying lasts 3 days and it's very nice (cool, calm, confident, feeling so easy), the yang lasts 3 days and it's not nice at all (bad temper, want to yell at people who irritate me, feeling complicated, etc).

Fuck, I'd hate to think of what GHB comedown would be like. Thankfully unlike Phenibut it wouldn't last that long, but I bet it'd be more intense. I've heard accounts of people getting into major fist fights, committing terrible crimes, and even suiciding during a bad GHB crash.

Like all GABA-feel-alikes, it all comes down to this - be careful. These things can bite you in the fucking ass like nothing else - a cocaine comedown is a walk in the park in comparison, and yes, I've railed coke at 90%+ purity, I've also done high doses of amphetamine salts on a couple of occasions, and of course, I've done benzos, GABAergics, barbiturates, a couple different opiates etc. The comedowns are not nice, but the GABAergic side of the drug world is very fucking dark if you get on the wrong side of these drugs, and if you play the smart ass game with GABAergics eventually your not-so-smart ass will be handed to you in like unkind.