• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

Bodybuilders in a halfway house turned me onto it only used twice years later before realizing I could only megadose like they introduced me to it freaking insane but it gave me ungodly physical stamina

iirc it was the bodybuilers that actually made it a "thing" in the US. idk

Well what happened was, GHB was the hot bodybuilding supplement, because of the dopamine rebound that hits in the morning once it wears off. Then GHB was scheduled, and phenibut was touted as "the next GHB". They actually are rather similar in many ways, but I'm not sure if phenibut has a dopamine rebound. But it does work for the purpose to some extent. But yeah, before Bluelight I was ion a bodybuilding forum, I really only posted uin the Neuroscience subforum. That's how I found out about phenibut, too. I think it has since become much more popular just as a recreational drug, than as a bodybuilding supplement.

It is a prescription drug in Russia, prescribed, among other things, for PTSD and social anxiety, for which is it much more effective than it is for bodybuilding.

Phenibut used to work great for me. Then the brand I bought was discontinued, I bought another and it never seemed to work the same. And it was even a highly recommended brand. So IDK maybe its just a bad batch but I don't feel like spending $50 just to find out it doesn't work either. Meh.. I only really liked it for combining with kratom... one of the best legal highs around... but you gotta get the timing just right. Take the phenibut then take the kratom like 60 - 90 minutes later.. and its nice.

Do these people who spend their life trying to limit access to these drugs really think they're doing good? How can you be so blind? Or are you maybe just doing it all for some pharmaceutical company? Who knows but it doesn't make sense to me how somebody could see the last 50 years and still not understand the current approach isnt working.

Phenibut used to work great for me. Then the brand I bought was discontinued, I bought another and it never seemed to work the same. And it was even a highly recommended brand. So IDK maybe its just a bad batch but I don't feel like spending $50 just to find out it doesn't work either. Meh.. I only really liked it for combining with kratom... one of the best legal highs around... but you gotta get the timing just right. Take the phenibut then take the kratom like 60 - 90 minutes later.. and its nice.

I have always used one brand, which is THE brand as far as I am concerned. And still around. I have tried a couple of other brands and found them inferior for sure. Also the appearance was different.

I know the crew. They do take pride in their product. When you're taking regular doses of 500mg - 2g, you want to be sure that the stuff is 24k purity.

My stuff is usually pretty good.. does have a strange warehouse-type smell to it sometimes.

Or are you maybe just doing it all for some pharmaceutical company?
These days I don't really back this argument; all worthwhile pharma drugs are illicit now or very hard to get scripted, ergo the pharma industry has nothing to offer to make money for 1) pain, 2) anxiety, and 3) depression. So honestly, they should be trying to legalize phenibut, since it can used for one of those three ailments and then they could charge $20 per dose rather than the $0.50 I've been paying. Since benzos are being sidelined with no suitable replacement, phenibut would be a boon for big pharma, if they could legally sell it.

What we're seeing globally isn't ban-and-replace, it's simply ban... so I don't see how big pharma would profit. They can try and push SSRIs on people but generally people don't take them (I certainly don't) and to my understanding it's sort of a well-run-dry type avenue that will need replacing soon since even the newest SSRI (lexapro) is available at a dollar a day.

Do these people who spend their life trying to limit access to these drugs really think they're doing good? How can you be so blind? Or are you maybe just doing it all for some pharmaceutical company? Who knows but it doesn't make sense to me how somebody could see the last 50 years and still not understand the current approach isnt working.

I think you're way off. Its a moral and ethical issue for those in power.

But do you think they really consider it a mora/ethical issue? Or do they cloak it as one so the general populace supports their drug war?

I think you're way off. Its a moral and ethical issue for those in power.
I'm way off? how? I mostly was asking questions. The only thing I said in absolutes was that the current system isnt working. you think it is?

But do you think they really consider it a mora/ethical issue? Or do they cloak it as one so the general populace supports their drug war?
I believe it is cloaked....as so many issues are. The powers that be that determine what is good for us ( or not ) could care less about phenibut or kratom. But they have to pretend that they do in order to keep their positions.

Oh yes, we have to defer to our betters in the high ranks of government, God knows how wise and ethical they are. They can't give us a future worth aspiring to, they can't give us a decent society, they can't give us justice or peace...but they *can* most certainly give us new prohibition laws, banning those intoxicants that don't have high-paid lobbyists to support them.

It's your world, I'm just living in it.

I too think it is a self righteous puritanical moral issue. God does not want you getting high, euphoria is bad etc... that type of stuff starts the initial impulse.. or at least at the very root of it. Under the guise of keeping people safe. But it also comes from people that enjoy the false feeling of power over others. And then somewhere down the line the pharm companies join in. I don't know really, just a guess.

I think phenibut will fall under this review. It is a synthetic and unlike kratom does not have American Phenibut Assocciation with ex congressman and people with ties like kratom. There is not the same momentum to keep it legal and these self righteous a-holes can hide behind it as a good move to keep the kids safe. I mean i know these reviews can go on a long time but something to keep an eye on. I missed the boat not paying attention to etizolam.

Also I like phenibut and it is hit or miss for me. 3 times I had people saying get this or that brand but they all seem effective. I still have a few leftover jars but should reup.

Some probably do, especially at the state level with weed legalization (or lack thereof) being a good example. But there's definitely other motives like pharmaceutical interests and public health, so it's hard to say just one is responsible.

I think I'm less cynical about regulation than I used to be though. It can be well-intentioned even if it's ineffective, misinformed, and ultimately harmful.

Well what happened was, GHB was the hot bodybuilding supplement, because of the dopamine rebound that hits in the morning once it wears off. Then GHB was scheduled, and phenibut was touted as "the next GHB". They actually are rather similar in many ways, but I'm not sure if phenibut has a dopamine rebound. But it does work for the purpose to some extent. But yeah, before Bluelight I was ion a bodybuilding forum, I really only posted uin the Neuroscience subforum. That's how I found out about phenibut, too. I think it has since become much more popular just as a recreational drug, than as a bodybuilding supplement.

It is a prescription drug in Russia, prescribed, among other things, for PTSD and social anxiety, for which is it much more effective than it is for bodybuilding.

i would definitely not use ghb or phenibut as means to recovery after a day of hard exercise. it would be a waste of tolerance and high, not to mention potential chronic health issues (phenibut and liver, also most ghb is industrial grade and not medical grade).

After a day of hard exercise (and im out of shape), 4gr+ of GABA (YMMV) and full dose magnesium bicitrate + hydration do wonders. Perhaps the most important thing is getting a full night quality sleep. i also take multivitamin (with minerals), omega-3 and collagen in the morning which directly on indrectly should help. After all of this i barelly feel any negative effects except maybe some very slight muscle pain. if i had the willpover i'd exercise 5x times a week.

As far as medical companies not producing drugs (due to legalization issues), i dont think they'd oppose producing recreational drugs if they were not stigmatized (and thus produce bad company image), because afterall this would allow them to tap into a big market and create shitloads of revenue. i mean cmon, 100 years ago you could buy morphine in every pharmacy, amongst other things. In addition to that, anybody that knows a medical professional like a nurse know they freely share (milder) medications between themselves such as sleep aids, pain medication and stimulants, if of course they're really need them. So this tells you a lot; amongst other things double standards.

One example: my collague from work gets as much z-drugs as necessary (in big dosages!) from his nurse girlfriend, while i get miniscule amount of weak-dosed zolpidem from my doctor which complains i should visit a psychiatrist. Dont need that as i have several thousand doses in powdered benzos (mwahahaah), but unfairness is still unfairness.

Last edited:
i would definitely not use ghb or phenibut as means to recovery after a day of hard exercise. it would be a waste of tolerance and high, not to mention potential chronic health issues (phenibut and liver, also most ghb is industrial grade and not medical grade).

After a day of hard exercise (and im out of shape), 4gr+ of GABA (YMMV) and full dose magnesium bicitrate + hydration do wonders. Perhaps the most important thing is getting a full night quality sleep. i also take multivitamin (with minerals), omega-3 and collagen in the morning which directly on indrectly should help. After all of this i barelly feel any negative effects except maybe some very slight muscle pain. if i had the willpover i'd exercise 5x times a week.

It wasn't used as a recovery for exercise, it was used before sleep so that when it wore off in the morning, the dopamine rebound would have hit which would propel you into a morning workout.