• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenethylamines/amps/cathinones w/ 4-difluoromethoxy-5-MeO-3-electronegative subs?

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
DOI 10.1002/dta.413 Fluorinated psychedelic phenethylamines

Interesting reading, although it didn't tell me what I wish to know.

What is known of 4-difluoromethoxy,5-methoxyphenethylamines, amphetamines, phentermines, cathinones, cathinthiones or cathinone selenoketone homologs which also bear a 3-substituent of electron-withdrawing/strongly electronegative substituents. In particular halogens (in this case, a bromo group, although halex reactions like the finkelstein should afford more scope if there should prove reason to do so)

And how about the thioketone and selenoketone homologs of the corresponding cathinone. Lawesson's or Woolin's should do the trick. Allthough question is, would they be possessed of a terrible stench?
because I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the poor bastard who has to face up to giving birth to something that behaved like thioacetone. And as we generally know, where sulfur stinks, selenium stinks worse.

Ahhh c'mon guys...I'd have thought SOMEONE here would be all over something like this. With juicy SAR info in that reference too, get it via sci-hub.cc if wanted.

Not for the compound itself, but difluoromescaline can be an afterthought too of course. An afterthought I'd very much like to try.

But, for some reason this compound poses more interest. Because I have been looking for days, and turned up jack shit.
The thione and selenoketone, especially the latter are mostly theoretical, generally speaking and currently entirely so. I don't want to even contemplate the results of giving birth to one of the almighty devilish stinkers of a kind that go down in history:p Well, no more than I just did, and THAT had more to do with what I ate today. Thankfully.

Anyone ever had any experience of simple proximity to, or being in any way involved with such a benzylic thioketone or selenone? Because those I'd sooner get the heads up from others, than lynched, afterall.

Anyhow, back to the phenethylamines. Why, has the 3-position been relatively ignored?