View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamine headaches

cj187

Bluelighter
Every time I take a phen psychedelic, I develop a bad headache and light sensitivity as the effects wear off. Is this a common thing? Does anyone know what causes it and how to prevent it from happening?

Whenever I take a phenethylamine psychedelic (well 2C-whatever) I notice the distant threat of an encroaching headache, combined with a strong urge to drink a lot of water. I feel that extra-hydrating myself really protects and prevents the headache from happening. So I pay a lot of attention to feelings of thirst, and quench it with lots of water when it's there. Try that maybe?

As for the light sensitivity, maybe that's from the headache, or maybe it's just from tripping? I know when I trip on anything I need shades if it's daytime or there are any bright lights, just cause my pupils are wider and senses thrown wide open.

Yeah, i'm definitely prone to (or wary of) developing headaches on phen psychs.
It seems pretty common with my experience with a few 2C-x drugs, and last weekend i got a pounding headache on an otherwise smooth and pleasant mescaline trip.

At the time I blamed the stuffy, smoky room i was in - which might have been the cause - but it seemed like i was maybe more sensitive to the headache from the mescaline.

Fortunately, once i left that house and took some paracetamol, the headache went away and i felt fine - but as above, i felt compelled to drink a lot of water to remain hydrated, and it felt like that helped a lot.

I love mescaline, but am much less enthusiastic about phenethylamine psychedelics than i am tryptamines; i don't feel like they play well with me - and i know that some people are the opposite.

I think vascular effects but who knows for sure? It's not exclusive to phens, but it's not equal with tryptamines vs. lysergamides vs phens either I guess.

With 2C-T-2, over 10 mg, I almost always have moderate to strong headaches towards the end and I feel wasted. It’s annoying because I really like that phen.
With the other 2Cs (T-7, E, I and P) I rarely get a headache, if so, it’s very mild and an aspirin is enough to abort it.
I can also get headaches with strong doses of P. cubensis, but never with other tryptamines or lysergamides.

I used to get this until I started keeping well hydrated and abstained from Alcohol during trips.

Every single experience I've had with the 2C-X family has always produced intense muscle tension and headaches.
Mescaline cactus did not do this and MDMA never does as well.
Tryptamines are usually a whole lot more forgiving on me physically and lysergamides usually give me some muscle tension but nothing like most phenethylamines.
I usually always make sure that I have Advil and Tylenol on hand if I'm taking a Phenethylamine which I find helps dramatically...particularly Advil.

I took 2C-D the day before yesterday and had a great experience, and I felt great until it wore off. Then I felt like shit the rest of the day and all day yesterday, and I still don't quite feel right today. I drank water while I was tripping and I was drinking lots of water all day yesterday and it didn't help. Taking ibuprofen didn't help much either. I guess phenethylamines just aren't for me.

Same goes for me with some phens. After my best ever 2C-P trip I've had a headache for almost 4 days as I didnt have an access to my medicine cabinet at that time.

I usually preload with Ibuprofen and Magnesium when suspect a headache as a side-effect. On the next day I'd take a hefty dose of Noopept (40-50mg) - it's more effective in inflammation reduction than Ibuprofen, plus nootropic benefits. Kratom is also good to help dealing with persistent headache, well, at least for me %)