• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenethylamine: can it help, where do you get it?

MrsGamp

Bluelighter
I'm so chronically depressed (despite anti depressants) that I'm spending truckloads of money on illegal dexamphetamine.
Today for the first time my GP indicated that she might be willing to refer me to an ADHD psychiatrist, which is great, but will take a year at least to get organized ....
In the meantime what about phenethylamine?
Someone here suggested I could boost my energy/mood with phenethylamine. I have been reading about it a bit, but am not clear on whether or not it's prescription only or more like a health supplement. Can you buy it OTC in Australia? What's it called (brand name)?
Or if there's any anti-depressants people may know of containing phenethylamine, that would be a help. My current anti depressant does very little for me these days...

Phenethylamine is sold as a health supplement, but honestly, it's a waste of money if you are an amphetamine user. An enzyme known as monoamine oxidase will destroy PEA in the bloodstream really quickly. You'd have to take crazy stupid large doses, and even then, the effect would be fleeting at best.