• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

phenethylamine and MAO-B

I think it's important to note the fact of phenethylamine's ability to produce amphetamine like effects. Phenethylamine is produced naturally, and it explains from an evolutionary perspective and rationalises the mechanism of action of amphetamine (I find it hard to believe that amphetamine activates TAAR1 which triggers phosphorylation of DAT which somehow reverses its function; this piece of evidence really gives a reason for all this happening though).

I joined Bluelight after years of being an outside fan and an advocate for the amazing resource it is. Primarily, I joined because SWIM has a hamster that has recently explored PEA with an extraordinarily dangerous and frighteningly research results and it makes sense to present the concerns to the audience here. The hamster in question decided on a full stomach with no inhibitors to try 2.8g of PEA. The initial rush was intense..VERY intense..so much so, that the hamster was inclined to attempt another dosage, again, and again, and again....the hamster is an addict, has always been one....this was a mistake to even try this as a more holistic approach than Adderall to address his ADHD. The repercussions over the last several days for the hamster of SWIM have been remarkable. The hamster has seen his blood pressure skyrocket. His attention to some very important tasks has been eradicated. He is insanely depressed. He is debating committing himself....it seems somewhat pointless to outline the amount taken, but suffice to say that the hamster is an idiot. Think 10s of grams within hours...there is no rational reason, nor would I ever advocate for someone doing so.

Be careful. The hamster in question confirms this to be psychoactive. Dangerous. Very dangerous if you have addictive tendencies. VERY dangerous. There is a huge degree of regret from the hamster that it ever opened pandora's box to play with PEA. The hamster did a tremendous amount of research first....it didn't matter, and the hamster will be paying a huge consequence it seems for its arrogance in touching this substance.

I joined Bluelight after years of being an outside fan and an advocate for the amazing resource it is. Primarily, I joined because SWIM has a hamster that has recently explored PEA with an extraordinarily dangerous and frighteningly research results and it makes sense to present the concerns to the audience here. The hamster in question decided on a full stomach with no inhibitors to try 2.8g of PEA. The initial rush was intense..VERY intense..so much so, that the hamster was inclined to attempt another dosage, again, and again, and again....the hamster is an addict, has always been one....this was a mistake to even try this as a more holistic approach than Adderall to address his ADHD. The repercussions over the last several days for the hamster of SWIM have been remarkable. The hamster has seen his blood pressure skyrocket. His attention to some very important tasks has been eradicated. He is insanely depressed. He is debating committing himself....it seems somewhat pointless to outline the amount taken, but suffice to say that the hamster is an idiot. Think 10s of grams within hours...there is no rational reason, nor would I ever advocate for someone doing so.

Be careful. The hamster in question confirms this to be psychoactive. Dangerous. Very dangerous if you have addictive tendencies. VERY dangerous. There is a huge degree of regret from the hamster that it ever opened pandora's box to play with PEA. The hamster did a tremendous amount of research first....it didn't matter, and the hamster will be paying a huge consequence it seems for its arrogance in touching this substance.

Swim/pet hamster etc. are not allowed on bluelight. Not trying to be a dick, just letting ya know. Sucks to hear of your situation. I would do whatever you need to get off it.

I wonder if, someone with a background in chemistry could make phenylethylamine via the reaction of chlorobenzine with ethylamine, or anyline with ethyl chloride. Also, if one has hold of pure beta phenylethylamine, could it be methylated in the alpha position to produce pure dextroamphetamine
Sorry if this sounds stupid, I love chemistry, yet I don't have a great understanding of it

Please, learn get a proper grounding in chemistry before you start playing around with organic synthesis. Nothing you listed would be at all appropriate for producing d-amp, and that is all I will say on the matter, because this isn't allowed discussion on here. (Although, forgive my stereochemistry for being rustry, but isn't the amine site a stereocentre im amp, so you would get a mix of isomers if PEA was your starting product unless you were doing something stereospecific, right?)

Does anyone know if PEA is safe to take with Tramadol? Would they potentiate each other? I'm a little worried about the SSRI effects in Tramadol being a bad combo with phenethylamine. Anyone ever take this combo?

In ancient times i had heart of people using hordenine and PEA together. They reported short lived euhproia but also a nasty bodyload. Its also extremely moreish which means that once you start its almost impossible to stop. Overall conclusion was that its not worth it.