• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pharmacy denying valid pain script!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia.Carlson66

Bluelighter
Hi so my dad has been in pain management for years, only seeing one doctor for his pain meds unless he had to go to the e.r. which hes done maybe 3 times in the last 3 years. But its never been an issue till as of late. He got a severe tooth abcess which was causing severe pain. It caused a bubble of fluid/blood on his gums so he went to the e.r. The first time he went, the bubble was not present and he was sent home with tram and antibiotics. The next day, the bubble appeared so he went back because the pain got worse, they popped the bubble and he was then sent home with 12 5mg norco. Well, he was perscribed 10mg oxycodone from pm until this last visit which he then got bumped up to 15mg oxy. All pharmacies were out except walgreens which is where he filled the norco as well (he normally fills his scripts at walmart) but walmart pharm was closed when he went to the e.r and walmart did not have any 15mg oxy. So he went to walgreens. Well being walgreens they had to verify and it was Friday, office closed early so he had to wait till Monday. Well Monday comes along and its taking forever to get verified. So i drive him there to see whats up and they say that corporate denied his script but did not give a reason why. They said that doesnt mean that he couldnt fill there ever again just this time. I called back and asked why it was denied and they couldn't give me an exact answer but they said they think its because of the norco he got 20 days ago. So has anyone had a similar situation go on? Will he be able to fill them at say walmart when they get them in? That is where he normally fills them and will they also be able to see he got norco or could walgreens only see that because he filled the norco there as well? Its so weird cause this has never happemed before. Could this cause him not to be able to fill his script at all?

Typically, we don't handle "administrative" questions along these lines. We try to keep our content limited to the actual use of drugs and the associated harm reduction, but this is certainly shitty. The same people who got everyone in the US addicted to Opioids are now becoming very stingy about prescribing. Everyone is afraid. It's really turned into a kind of hysteria, in my opinion. It's an unfounded one, as people have been using Opiates since the Syrians first harvested the poppy latex. There have been addicts of all kinds ever since Morphine hit the market, but it makes for a good news special.

Send me a private message and we can talk.

It's possible that the pharmacy would not fill his oxycodone because of the recent emergency dental prescription. With prescription drug monitoring systems in place, they can see that but I would think they would give you an explanation. Have your dad try a different store and see what happens. Since he is in pain management, they may also notify that doctor so he should let him know about the Norco just in case. I'm going close this as it is treading into pharmacy legalities, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.