• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pharmacist gave me the wrong amount of xanex!!! 10/120 What do i do?

whoisangieee

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so I got a prescription from Walgreens three days ago. I'm prescribed 120 .5mg alprazolam pills. I hadn't needed to open the bag, because I still had about 15 left from my last prescription. I literally just opened it and there are only 10 pills in it!!! How is that even possible?! I have no idea what to do. I'm not an abuser, I take as prescribed, 1mg 2x day. The bottle says 120 on it, the bag said 120 on it. Is there anything I can do?!? I'm scared to go in and be looked at like some drug user, which I am not!!! I'm freaking out. Like, way to go, goving a panic attack to someone who has panic attacks by taking away their panic attack pillsZ

Only choice you have is to go back to the pharmacy and explain the situation. Maybe they have a record of how many pills etc they have in stock which could help your case if they have too many. If that doesn't work then go to your doctor and explain, he might be alright and give you another script. All just depends.

Yeah,
I'm going in today and asking them to check their inventory for the 20th. But I'm worried one of the employees just took off with my medication. Will check-in here after I go in today.

This happened to me once where I was given 30 tablets instead of 60. I called the Publix pharmacy and she told me they would check their computer since they are a controlled substance. It was a simple mistake and they rectified it with no problem. Just bring it to their attention and they should give you the correct amount.