• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pharmaceuticals with similar effect to that of tramadol?

zydol

Greenlighter
Broke bones in all of my individual limbs while in asia a few months ago. Was completely disabled and depressed and thus resorted to absolutely abusing the prescription medication available up there.

Codeine was somewhat pleasant, so was oxycodone.

Tramadol though.... the high i got from taking 300-400 mg of the stuff was QUITE pleasant. obviously after about a week or so though I could no longer go on taking it due to the fact that i was getting into unsafe territory. was at the point where 400mg in a single hit was barely effecting me.

Still though, i don't know what it was about Tramadol but it was so much better than anything else id had, (except maybe fentanyl or morphine intravenously)

oxycodone often makes me ill, even only 10 mgs.? not sure why, my boyfriend takes loads of oxycodone with little side effects? i've been trying to ease ito it but i cant seem to.

anyway,
is there anything else I can acquire that reaps benefits similar to that of tramadol that i wont become accustomed to so quickly..

You should be careful with the amount of tramadol you take. Tramadol can cause seizures when you take it in high dosages.

O-Desmethyltramadol is the active and most important metabolite of tramadol. O-Desmethyltramadol is produced in the liver after you take the tramadol. O-Desmethyltramadol is more potent than tramadol and it is legal in some countries. So that is a possibility.

Tapentadol is also a possibility. It is similar to tramadol. But tramadol inhibits the reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine where as Tapentadol only inhibits norepinephrine reuptake. Tapentadol would be better to use than tramadol if one is taking some kind of medicine that inhibits reuptake of serotonin as the risk of experiencing serotonine syndrome is reduced.

Kratom is also a popular amongst people who like tramadol. Another mild opiate is Codeine.

You probably feel ill of the oxycodone because it is so potent and your body isn't used to it yet. Take it in smaller dosages and after a while you will not experience nausea any more.

As a final word, please be careful with opiats and opioids. Before you know it you are addicted and that is not easy to come back from.

Buprenorphine is a mild opiate that gives a somewhat stimulating high.
Never tried tramadol tho so i don't know if they're actually similar.

Yeah, I wouldn't advise taking Tramadol any longer. I was sitting with a guy who had a grand-mal seizure at the doses that you're describing, over the course of a few days.

A lot of people, including myself, are sensitive to Oxycodone in the sense that it is indeed much stronger than Tramadol. Your boyfriend may have more of a tolerance or a stomach that can handle opiates/opiods. To relieve the insensitivity, I usually take 25mg of Promethazine or 4mg of Ondansetron (Zofran) typically half an hour before my opiate use.

If Oxycodone is too strong, why don't you try Hydrocodone? It's a milder opiate so you may not be as sensitive to it.

In the end, try a different form of pain management so you don't end up physically addicted to opiates. As someone who was addicted to heroin first hand, I can say it isn't pretty.

Buprenorphine is a mild opiate that gives a somewhat stimulating high.
Never tried tramadol tho so i don't know if they're actually similar.
I wouldn't even put bupe and tramadol in the same league, but hey, that's just me.

OP, there isn't many meds similar to tramadol, there are plenty of opiates that are more potent, but tramadol specifically has ssri properties, thus making it unique.
If codeine was working for you, I would stick with that,

- Hopeless 7nos

Nucynta would be one that comes to mind. Tianeptine and Kratom too.

Moving to BDD.

I also like Tramadol. I don't know of anything that is similar. On a side note I have taken Tramadol for 6 years, daily and I well than double the max daily dose and I have never had a seizure. Not to say it doesn't happen ( because it obviously does) but not everyone taking tram ends up with seizures

^ Stop taking it for a week, and see if you go seizure free. Of course not everyone taking it, is going to have a seizure. Not everyone sharing needles, will end up with hiv, but its still not a good practice.

- 7nos

I have gone with for a week before when I run out. Other than HORRIBLE withdraw I've never had a seizure. I guess I'm very lucky

Having been on tramadol before as well as nucynta I understand why it's suggested that they are most similar but to me there were way too many differences particularly with other ROAs. Tramadol is in a class all its own for me and very subpar compared to all other opioids. I personally felt like it was more like a speedy ibuprofen/anti-depressant with a plastic drip. It created a lot of anxiety for me with next to no pain relief.