• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

pH of MDMA and MDMA subsitutes dissolved in water?

ronthetiger

Greenlighter
Hey guys and gals,

So I have purchased some 'MDMA' some time ago and have extensive experience with the substance. I don't have a test kit on hand and was wanting to roll soon. I have pH strips and was wondering if there was any way to tell if what I have is real MDMA or an RC substitute (e.g. bk-MDMA) by dissolving some in a small amount of distilled water and then measuring the pH.

I couldn't find any information on this subject anywhere else and was wondering if anyone knew of any scientific literature that could help or had personal experience in the matter.

Don't think this will work. Crystalline mdma would be technically classified as a salt I suppose, and I suppose they would be basic, but somehow I imagine that the result would not be pronounced enough to characterize the solution as typical of mdma.

That's what I was afraid of.. I have an accurate hot plate and considered comparing the boiling point of my substance to the boiling point of MDMA and bk-MDMA; however, I couldn't find the boiling point of bk-MDMA on Wikipedia.. no one happens to know (or have any information​ on) what the boiling point of bk-MDMA is, do they?

You could try melting point I suppose but I don't think that will work either. You need to do a reagent test.