• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

PGRs (plant growth regulators)

From what I’ve gathered PGRs found in natural forms aren’t bad but it’s the synthetic ones that need to be watched out for.. Kelp, willow extract and wintergreen oil/extract all are natural PGRs.

-GC

Similar to nutrients, each PGR has a recommended limitation of use (maximum amount allowed by weight, sometimes that amount is ZERO). There are many of them and the list continues to grow. It's an ever evolving structure in the regulation of recreational cannabis.

The use of PGRs in the cultivation of cannabis.Agree/Disagree?
I would recommend Triacontanol throughout all veg and flower.
Be careful with Gibberellic acid, it can fuck up your plants if you use too much and it tends to make plants taller, which may be an undesirable trait if growing indoors.
IAA is also ok to use in moderation.
I'd stay away from the "finalizer" style PGRs as you need to use those right before harvest so you'll have them in the final product, and IMHO it's ethical to stop giving anything but water to the plant in the last 2 weeks.

Aw, and you should take care to not breath in the PGRs as you spray them on the plants.

PGRs are ALWAYS in the final product, it doesn't just dissapear.

Natural PGRs I'm ok with, although I still don't use them.

You can't raise cattle on trenbolone then magically flush it out of the meat, same pertains to cannabis and PGRs

It was just a simple query....agree or disagree with the use of PGRs....some ppl lots in the past were using them all the time a number of years back .Just wondering if that was still the case or had ppl woken up to themselves.They are banned in Aus in hydroponic business have been for years.Though we never stocked the products ourselves customers would ask all the time.Thanks for responding to the query

PGRs are ALWAYS in the final product, it doesn't just dissapear.

Natural PGRs I'm ok with, although I still don't use them.

You can't raise cattle on trenbolone then magically flush it out of the meat, same pertains to cannabis and PGRs
PGRs are just plant hormones and at least the bioidentical ones get metabolised, they won't accumulate indefinitely.
If they did, you would not need to apply them every few days.
In a sense there will always be PGRs in all cannabis, even organic, simply because the plant produces them.

It was just a simple query....agree or disagree with the use of PGRs....some ppl lots in the past were using them all the time a number of years back .Just wondering if that was still the case or had ppl woken up to themselves.They are banned in Aus in hydroponic business have been for years.Though we never stocked the products ourselves customers would ask all the time.Thanks for responding to the query

there we go...a little more context

they're banned here too for cannabis - they test for it (at least on the whole west coast)

but back in the day like 2009 through 2012 there was a few products that people used - and even those people who did use them, they were few and far between, so i didn't know too many people who used them - but one was Bushmaster and the other was Gravity - they were made by a company called Humboldt County's Own and they didn't even list the PGRs were in the bottle - so people were using it not even knowing that's what they were using....so that's how and why it became an even bigger deal - which was good because it shined light on these products and made people aware of synthetic PGRs

The illegal PGR ferts we get in Australia ruin the quality of any crop, not just marijuana. They should never ever be used.

if you need to use a synthetic PGR, you probably have greater problems overall growing and you won't last long anyway

and im not sure even what the point of this thread is anyway

:shrug:
Yep your a joke if you need this.. dust your final product with some terp so you can pretend to have a bouquet.. boxed wine.