View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Peyote dosage

polarthedog

Bluelighter
Yes, I’m talking about real fresh peyote, not San Pedro. What’s roughly equivalent to a foot of San Pedro?

When I dried mine from wet samples I just harvested it was 1/18th the weight it was when wet. I took ~half an ounce dried and it was noticable but mild, though very unique and different from a San Pedro experience I'd had. I won't take less than an ounce dried in the future, which would be ~500g wet.

I’m about to try some San Pedro, BTW. I don’t expect it to be Peyote, but I’m happy that it grows rapidly and abundantly.

Just 3 buttons should do the trick. That's the normal dose. Oh, and don't forget to wait because it takes a long time to kick in. It could be like two hours later and you might be wondering why there not working, but it eventually kicks in. So, don't make the mistake of eating more because you thought you just didn't take enough.

Just 3 buttons should do the trick. That's the normal dose. Oh, and don't forget to wait because it takes a long time to kick in. It could be like two hours later and you might be wondering why there not working, but it eventually kicks in. So, don't make the mistake of eating more because you thought you just didn't take enough.
3 buttons? 🤣 even at 3" diameter, an average button contains 25mg. If you think 75mg is enough for a full experience, then you've never had one.
I've eaten 2x 5" fresh buttons (prolly 25 years old?) in the morning as a coffee replacement.

I will agree it's easy to overdo because of high variation in potency and yes, the come-up is quite long. That said, most of the cactus ceremonies ive attended, we slowly drink tea all night long. Most people who get into trouble with cactus is because they take too much too fast.

Admittedly, 10 buttons will have almost anyone puking, and for some people it's probably too much.

3 buttons is nothing though. It's probably enough to feel different, but doesn't come close to resembling even a normal dose... I'd put it on par with eating .3-.5g of mushrooms.

Low dose cactus for a psychedelic experience is a waste IMO but overdoing it can suck also.

Last edited:
I’m about to try some San Pedro, BTW. I don’t expect it to be Peyote, but I’m happy that it grows rapidly and abundantly.
It’s amazing, when I tried it first, I ate three feet of cactus with that plasticy coating cut off, I ate the whole thing because I didn’t know the white part just makes you puke. I took 200 mg of dxm with it too. I didn’t know much about it at the time lol

It’s amazing, when I tried it first, I ate three feet of cactus with that plasticy coating cut off, I ate the whole thing because I didn’t know the white part just makes you puke. I took 200 mg of dxm with it too. I didn’t know much about it at the time lol
I'm told there actually is mescaline in the white tissue, but not as much. Yeah these days I cut it out, mainly because the tea is so much easier to filter/press out when its not pounds of material...