• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Petition Gillard: Re-legalise & regulate Cannabis for personal, medical, industry

IMO, this won't happen. Every government in the world is waiting to see what happens in America with the legalization and they will not change anything in the next 5 years.

Agreed.
What would the go be with driving though? If its legalized would they be able to tell how much you have in you?

surely it would work simalarly as it does for alcohol

if you are over a certain units/blood level, then you are unfit to drive

id agree that people shouldnt get blackout high then try drive

That petition was posted in the cannabis thread.

What would the go be with driving though? If its legalized would they be able to tell how much you have in you?

As Re-distributed said, they will probably wait to see what happens in the US.

I'd love to see some change, but I'm very doubtful. Maybe in 15 or 20 years.

Last edited:
I really have zero knowledge on the testing side of things, but i thought pretty much without a blood/urine sample they can only tell if you have THC in you, or not?

They can tell from a swab/spit test but it only lasts a couple of hours. Blood/urine tests will show what quantities you have in your system.

I imagine there will eventually be some kind of roadside blood test (like a diabetic would use to test sugar levels).

yeah maybe they'd make some new testing machine/procedure? Currently the drug driving testing uses saliva swab tests, someone on here said they got roadside drug tested after smoking pot several hours earlier and they passed, but don't use this as any guide, I think it effects different people differently, sometimes it could take a whole lot longer before you would pass, depends on many factors I think, potency of the weed, how much weed you smoke/immunity, you size, things like that.

Be cool if we could saliva swab test ourselves to see if we would pass or not.

poledriver, im pretty sure you can buy the tests. Not sure how accurate theyd be compared to police ones. Id rather not to legalize it if it will bring in blood testing

oh yeah I think you are right about being able to buy them, seen something about it in the news that some parents are doing it to their kids.

6-drug-saliva-test__82829_zoom__82532.1325836121.1280.1280.jpg

6-Drug Saliva Test (1 Test)

25 bucks.

Product Details
6 panel drug test that will screen saliva for
Amphetamine (50 ng/ml)
Cocaine (20 ng/ml)
Opiates (40 ng/ml)
Marijuana (12 ng/ml)
Methadone (30 ng/ml)
Methamphetamine (50 ng/ml)
Cost effective way of testing for multiple drugs in one test
Saliva testing can be less invasive, and easier to monitor than urine testing
Provides results onsite within 10 minutes

I had a range of different saliva tests to try out on myself just to see how long I'd have to wait to drive (I had gotten my hands on the ones the police use too).

It worked out for me that I'd only have to wait 2 hours to pass. But there's many different factors that change it. Body weight, % body fat (for slim people), foods you have eaten (oily/fatty foods would extend the waiting time) etc...

There's a huge variation depending on the quality of the tester you get too (not surprisingly the police ones aren't the most accurate)

or $12.00 for a marijuana urine test kit

Single use tests for detecting Marijuana in urine at Australian Standards (AS4308) cut-offs: 50 ng/ml
Cost effective and easy to use
Place 3 drops of urine into test, and it gives results within 5 minutes
Dropper and instructions included
Marijuana is also known as Cannabis, Skunk, Weed, Pot

I had a range of different saliva tests to try out on myself just to see how long I'd have to wait to drive (I had gotten my hands on the ones the police use too).

It worked out for me that I'd only have to wait 2 hours to pass. But there's many different factors that change it. Body weight, % body fat (for slim people), foods you have eaten (oily/fatty foods would extend the waiting time) etc...

There's a huge variation depending on the quality of the tester you get too (not surprisingly the police ones aren't the most accurate)

Ah cool, so I guess 4 or 5 hrs after smoking is a pretty good guess that you should be safe then?

And I wonder if it is different if you eat cannabis? That seems to effect me differently, sometimes feels like a longer stone.

I'd say after 5 hours might be ok. I wouldn't guarantee anything as there's so many factors surrounding it.

As for eating it I don't know. I'd assume that the increased duration would mean that it'd be detectable in your system longer too.

Thanks for the insight guys.
I assume eating weed would last longer on the tests but as i said i dont really know anything about the tests

Yeah I'd imagine you are correct, I wouldn't know what the cops use, I've never been road side drug tested before. I was interested in trying some out on myself like Re-distributed did. Like to see how long after eating or smoking some pot that I could drive legally. I'm sure there are probably other ones on the market, it was just the first site I found kind of thing, I didn't look very hard.

If there was cheap ones (like under 10 buks) on the market I might try a few sometime, but I guess it's kind of pointless, because each time I smoke or eat cannabis there would be different factors involved, like how much I had eaten, how strong the pot was/is and probably other things.

And yeah NSW is the same then -

Roadside drug testing will detect the following three illicit drugs:

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active component of cannabis.
Methylamphetamine (‘ice’, ‘speed’, ‘crystal meth’ ‘base’ etc).
Methylenedioxymethylamphetamine (MDMA or ‘ecstasy’).
These three drugs are known to be among the most prevalent illicit drugs used by drivers.

A recent Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) study of drug driving in NSW revealed that of those who reported driving on drugs, the most common drug was cannabis at 81 per cent followed by ecstasy at 13 per cent and speed at 10 per cent.

More info regarding roadside drug testing (in NSW) for anyone interested -

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/alcoholdrugs/drugdriving/drugdrivingfaqs.html

I'm pretty sure all they can test for is MDMA, amphets/methamphets and thc. If they tried to test for others I think there would be a huge problem with some people on prescription medications.

What happens if you're prescribed dex and get a positive? Do they give you a time frame to bring in your script and prove it?