View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Peruvian Torch

Beat Narrative

Bluelighter
So I acquired some powdered Peruvian torch, I am trying to work out the correct dosage. I don't have scales so I am wondering if anyone is able to give me an idea of how much a person should consume for a good trip in Table spoons, I have been told 2 table spoons is usually enough but my friend was not really sure

I am very experienced with shrooms, LSD , DMT , so I am not worried about having to much but mmore about not having enough to have a good trip as I don't thin its something I can acquire again easily

So I acquired some powdered Peruvian torch, I am trying to work out the correct dosage. I don't have scales so I am wondering if anyone is able to give me an idea of how much a person should consume for a good trip in Table spoons, I have been told 2 table spoons is usually enough but my friend was not really sure

I am very experienced with shrooms, LSD , DMT , so I am not worried about having to much but mmore about not having enough to have a good trip as I don't thin its something I can acquire again easily

My experience with Peruvian Torch has been to take around 1-foot of a full grown specimen. A crude extraction is best, failing that - dry to a powder and swallow it in a whole fuck-tonne of capsules.

Making "teas" and such is fucking gross and you'll have a REALLY hard time eating enough to get high.

2 table spoons of powder doesn't sound like much tbh..

EDIT: Also - some parts of the cactus are more potent and some is basically waste, if the powder you have is purely from the more potent part, then maybe 2 table spoons is enough, but honestly, that doesn't sound like very much, though it has been a very long time (15 or so years) since I've eaten a fucking cactus.

Oh also, I see you're in Melbourne - I can't provide sources obviously - but there's plenty of legal places to buy cactuses in Melbourne.

It also grows in plenty of peoples yards, I know people who just go looking for it when they feel like tripping and just pinch them out of from yards, personally - I think that is pretty poor form.

But yeah, you can buy cactuses legally in many places (shops, markets and cactus farms) in Melb.

I managed to weigh it, it is 18 grams , its a very fine powder, from what can tell its defined as Peruvian torch incense, seems to be a lot of contradicting information about the way to consume it and dosages, I think I will just swallow it all and see what happens, I think the worst possible outcome is a stomach che

Hey beat, good to see you around man.

Ive only done san pedro, and never dried, so i dont have much info.
This thread might have some answers though - I haven't had a chance to read through it yet.

There is heaps of San Pedro growing around Melb, it's pretty easy to identify too.. And very cheap to buy, if you want to buy it.

^ If my memory serves, PT is weaker than SP.
I thought it was the other way around?

Edit - variable, it seems:
old post in the thread linked above said:
* Lophophora williamsii - 300 mg / 27 g dried material
* Trichocerus peruvianus - 300 mg / 15 to 100 grams dried material (.3% - 2.0% )
* Trichocerus pachanoi - 300 mg / 15 to 100 grams grams dried material (.3% - 2.0% )
(courtesy of erowid)

300mg is referring to a solid dose of mescaline.

If you're at all experienced with LSD or mushrooms, then 18g of peruvian torch isn't going to do shit but make you vomit for 4 or 5 hours. That's if you can swallow it - the tea is medieval torture and dried cactus blows up to 10 times it's normal volume the moment it hits moisture so if you imagine that happening in your stomach - it won't be pretty.

Best idea would be to take the dried cactus and do an acid/base extraction with hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide. Eating enough p.torch to get high I think ends up being a lot of plant matter. Two table spoons is no where near enough.

Well, I ate 18 grams of powder and have had a nice trip, nothing mind blowing but very mentally stimulating and similar visuals to a decnt tab of acid, I just ate the powder and washed it down with orange juice, no stomach problems, very well levelled out trip, I consumed it 10 hours ago and am still getting LSD esq visuals, walls breathing etc.

I will be getting some more, and will try closer to 40 grams but the powder I had was certainly effective and would be great for a night out, have felt very active and positive and been able to gain perspective on a few issues of my life, which psychadelics always do

Pupils like Dinner plates 10 hours after consumption with 2 bottles of wine and a lot of bongs

Definitly a drug I want to delve into deeper and I am going to try to exercise the access to it for the time being as it seems its good quality based on what I have read about other active doses