• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Personal amounts and international travel?

I AM i.e

Bluelighter
Anyone know someone that's been stopped at an airport with a small amount?

Obviously need to discount places like Dubai where even trace amounts attract ridiculous penalties.

I know the answer is don't ever do it but it could easily happen by accident. Coming back from Turkey once they started doing really thorough searches at the gate. I started panicking as more than once I've found wrap or bag of something in my wallet or jeans pocket with no idea where it came from or how it got there.

At Grenoble airport I put my hand in my pocket only to find my French mates bag of k had ended up in there from the night before and it had split. I just had time to go to the toilet and brush most of it out but was still really paranoid going through security on both sides.

Both these incidents have me wondering what if?

Yow! Yeah, I wonder about that myself. Your story makes me think of that movie Midnight Express. Ugh! I never have felt comfortable traveling with much on me. For one thing, more substance probably equals more odor to be sniffed out, but I guess those dogs have really sensitive noses. My limit is always just to bring a few hydrocodones or other generic looking pills in with a bottle of similar looking tylenol or something.
Some of it depends on where you are traveling from or to, like known drug producing or transit countries. Coming back from Peru to the US is when they gave me the biggest go over, checking more, probably because it's a cocaine grower. On the other hand, I had a box of coca leaf tea in my luggage on that trip (not really a drug, but still, I'm not sure drug dogs make that distinction) and nobody noticed. And in the US I think most of that checking is for bombs and weapons. They are screening too many people in too little time to think deeply about a little bit of drugs.
But that also brings up a question I have about flying with kratom. It isn't illegal where I live but I'd hate to have it get pulled out and have to explain it. Best I could do is bring a receipt from a store I got it from.

Last edited:
Anyone know someone that's been stopped at an airport with a small amount?

Obviously need to discount places like Dubai where even trace amounts attract ridiculous penalties.

I know the answer is don't ever do it but it could easily happen by accident. Coming back from Turkey once they started doing really thorough searches at the gate. I started panicking as more than once I've found wrap or bag of something in my wallet or jeans pocket with no idea where it came from or how it got there.

At Grenoble airport I put my hand in my pocket only to find my French mates bag of k had ended up in there from the night before and it had split. I just had time to go to the toilet and brush most of it out but was still really paranoid going through security on both sides.

Both these incidents have me wondering what if?
Avoid Sweden. They dunni like drugs.

I got stopped by the Denmark border police and had my car searched as apparently I look dodgy.

I helped them search it and was very helpfull. Yet the car had personal usage in it.
How you are with them and your body language is the key.

I crossed the Swedish border at 6am they just waved me through.

I once done my shopping trip in my country and bought a case of beer etc..

Then went in to Holland to buy weed. I returned to my country with 10g of weed, luckily in a glass jar, with me.
As it was Friday evening the pricks stood there at the border crossing and got stopped.
Again don't be parra, be blatant and very open and don't look suspicious. These guys had a sniff in my car as they know that you can smell it a mile off in the car when people are smuggling cannabis.
There are supermarkets which are cheaper in Holland than here.
They let me go.

Airports are different, they got these scanners and you get get your luggage wiped. Don't like dodgy and they sometimes use a dog to search travellers....

If it's an UK airport and you get caught with a personal amount of weed you will get a caution.
Same thing when you enter or leave the uk, they swipe the car door handles the slightest hit and you've hit the jackpot.

Last edited:
Just check out all the airport border patrol programs...

I've done it once. Was only to Belgium for an event though. 20 pills and i dropped them down the toilet in the arena when i took them out of my boxers.
Epic fail 😩

Would up scoring really good quality ecstasy and cocaine there. So it was utterly pointless.

Also to be blunt if you have to come onhere and ask something which you can't figure out yourself maybe not smuggle drugs through airports. :)

Airports are different, they got these scanners and you get get your luggage wiped. Don't like dodgy and they sometimes use a dog to search travellers....

I've been told the wiping is more for detecting explosives than drugs.

I know people who've intentionally taken class A's through airports just in their socks and stuff... crazy. Or taken leftover pills home in their suitcase. I wonder what the chances are of getting caught...

I'm guessing most drugs busts are intelligence led?

People won't believe this but back in 2009 i walked through airport security from Glasgow to Belgium, having been awake all night on speed. after gubbing a load of valium in the morning. With a bag of 20 ecstasy not even vac sealed or nothing in my boxers. Then past dogs in Brussels airport. And somehow made it 😮

I very much doubt that would work now. And consider myself lucky not to have been caught even back then.

I've been told the wiping is more for detecting explosives than drugs.

I know people who've intentionally taken class A's through airports just in their socks and stuff... crazy. Or taken leftover pills home in their suitcase. I wonder what the chances are of getting caught...

I'm guessing most drugs busts are intelligence led?
You've been told wrong...

The slightest bit of sweat from when you're using and they can detect it even if you're not carrying anything...

I had a friend walking through security in the US, who had a sheet of blotter acid in a book and it slipped out and fell in plain sight. He about had a heart attack but no trouble. But who is going to know just by seeing something like that? That was many years ago.

Last edited:
People won't believe this but back in 2009 i walked through airport security from Glasgow to Belgium, having been awake all night on speed. after gubbing a load of valium in the morning. With a bag of 20 ecstasy not even vac sealed or nothing in my boxers. Then past dogs in Brussels airport. And somehow made it 😮

I very much doubt that would work now. And consider myself lucky not to have been caught even back then.
The difference being protection dogs or sniffer dogs, if you know how dogs work and you see a sniffer dog at work at a festival just wait 15 minutes and you can walk through with anytyhing as the dog will be tired out.

They sometimes are used as a scare tactic so that you would hand over your drugs as soon as you see a dog. Sometimes they're not even trained to be a sniffer dog for drugs.

It's called use a braincell.

Last edited:
The difference being protection dogs or sniffer dogs, if you know how dogs work and you see a sniffer dog at work at a festival just wait 15 minutes and you can walk through with anytyhing as the dog will be tired out.

It's called use a braincell.

Yeah. I was just saying I was lucky to get through given I was 18 awake all night and off my face from the night before.

No one really cares it's not that deep.

Have carried personal amounts of RC's, weed, hash, pills, coke and amphetamines across borders many times

Land borders, sea borders, airport borders etc

Usually below my balls inside the double stitch of my keks, sometimes accidentally in luggage

French customs once found weed in my car but was just a personal amount and they were looking for actual smugglers so they let me off, didn't take my weed either just made me crush the packet under my shoe

Didn't have kids in them days tho - may not do now

"Personal amounts" is a concept that in many parts of the world simply doesn't exist, it only exist the "drug possesion" concept. If they find drugs on you, then you will be fucked over just a few mg. Not as royaly fucked as if busted with kilos, sure,, but fucked nevertheless
It all depends on each place's legislation, not only talking bout illegal drugs but also legal: some benzos (or whatever) are legal here but not there, you can't enter many nations with methadone, etc...
I would read very, very carefully about the country's laws before carrying drugs into there.

Relief!

i once got caught smuggling two suitcases dull of vegetables and a box of chicken eggs from Japan.

"Personal amounts" is a concept that in many parts of the world simply doesn't exist, it only exist the "drug possesion" concept. If they find drugs on you, then you will be fucked over just a few mg. Not as royaly fucked as if busted with kilos, sure,, but fucked nevertheless
It all depends on each place's legislation, not only talking bout illegal drugs but also legal: some benzos (or whatever) are legal here but not there, you can't enter many nations with methadone, etc...
I would read very, very carefully about the country's laws before carrying drugs into there.
True that, Mr Brown

However, in context of Europe/EU it's typically pretty chill

I have literally bought a new luggage set to transit through UAE because paranoia of what can happen for even trace amounts on luggage there

And u wouldn't find me taking an amount of even an antibiotic without a script into places like Vn, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, HK or Singapore for example