View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Person immune to DXM dosage

imistty

Greenlighter
So ive tried dxm a couple times with little effect. I did between 200-400mg around 4 times. couple of times with no effects except being a little slow. Last time (390mg) just made everything slow and i had no balance. Im looking to do it one more and hopefully have an experience and some enjoyable effects. Since 400mg did barely anything, i was thinking of doing 500-600mg while drinking grapefruit juice just in case i dont get any effects. Is this a good idea or should i do higher dosage? Lower? By the way i am 5'8 160 lbs 19 years old.

Even though everyone is different, if a 390 mg dose did almost nothing, I wouldn't try going higher to chase the high. Even if you're not feeling anything, doesn't mean the DXM doesn't have any consequences on your overall health. Therefore, ingesting larger doses for a rather minimal high isn't worth it IMO. DXM might just not be for you, I know it's not for me.

I was just thinking i had a natural high tolerance and making the dose higher would work. Plus i always do DXM months apart and haven't done it in quite a while.

Maybe you are lacking the proper enzyme for metabolizing DXM to DXO..

A major metabolic catalyst involved is the cytochrome P450 enzyme known as 2D6, or CYP2D6. A significant portion of the population has a functional deficiency in this enzyme and are known as poor CYP2D6 metabolizers. O-demethylation of DXM to DXO contributes to at least 80% of the DXO formed during DXM metabolism.[29] As CYP2D6 is a major metabolic pathway in the inactivation of dextromethorphan, the duration of action and effects of dextromethorphan can be increased by as much as three times in such poor metabolizers.[30] In one study on 252 Americans, 84.3% were found to be "fast" (extensive) metabolizers, 6.8% to be "intermediate" metabolizers, and 8.8% were "slow" metabolizers of DXM.[31] A number of alleles for CYP2D6 are known, including several completely inactive variants. The distribution of alleles is uneven amongst ethnic groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextromethorphan#Metabolism