• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Permenant Brain Changes/Rewiring of Brain by psychedelic drugs

I have done a FUCK TON of hallucinogens (psychedelics) DMT, PCP, DXM, LSD-25, etc. and I can say that it has made me become paranoid, not like a "theres aliens controlling my brain" type paranoid, but more of a "these people are examining everything Im doing and theyre laughing at me" type paranoia. I dont know if thats due to tha hallucinogen use or if its an underlying condition, but I didnt notice it until I quit using tha psychedelics all together... Just my 2 cents.

Social anxiety is very common in drug users it seems, particularly marijuana users and I'm guessing by your username you still blaze.
Nothing can give me social anxiety like marijuana, although lately exercise and focusing on school has made it much less prevalent.
Although social anxiety does tend to increase as one gets older, regardless of drug use.
Did you begin using when you were a child? I ask because nearly everyone is going to be more worried about the judgement of others when they're an adult vs a teenager, I know I didn't give a flying fuck what people thought about me when I was 15, but it's a whole different story now

As a matter of fact I have been diagnosed with social anxiety, but since my shrink knows I have drug and alcohol problems, he wont prescribe me anything good, just useless antidepressants which I refuse to take. And yeah, tha first time I ever got a "high" was when I was 10 and it was from huffing gas in my garage. Ever since, I have been abusing drugs, alcohol, hell pretty much anything that can give me a buzz to help me deal with my crippling anxiety dealing with people in general. I still smoke bud, but I do it alone now, since exactly like you said-it definitely makes my anxiety worse when dealing with social situations. So maybe thats my problem...Just lay off tha bud? I can do it, drinking is my new "drug of choice".

If you need a DOC I'd stick with bud, but it's not so simple to get rid of social anxiety.
Even if you quit smoking weed it will still be there, it will simply be much easier to overcome it.
I would recommend blazing at night when you don't really need to interact with people anymore, it only makes it that much harder
IMO your psyche shouldn't be prescribing you anything, social anxiety is something that can be easily treated (not cured) with therapeutic methods.

By tha way you describe it, you suffer from social anxiety as well. How do you cope with it?

"During that time I had many telepathic experiences"
"I don't have schizophrenia"

Those two statement may contradict each other. When you say things like that it is evidence of magical thinking. I said in the other thread i think you have mental illness based on your posts, and you aren't changing my mind. OP most of your threads are about about the downside of these chemicals. Maybe these drugs just are not for you. At the very least this could be just one thread.

I have telepathic experiences all the time and I'm not schizophrenic.........and neither am i

Last edited:
I have telepathic experiences all the time and I'm not schizophrenic.........and neither am i

But seriously, telepathic experiences do not indicate schizophrenia. In fact, I had one just yesterday afternoon with my neighbor. I am not crazy, I really can tune into higher energy fields at times and read what people are thinking. Trust me, telepathy is a truly beautiful and magnificent thing that I am very lucky to be able to have experienced. It isn't just me or the OP, in fact, we are all capable of telepathy and on some level all living and nonliving things are connected via telepathy. We are all made of energy and the universe is essentially one consciousness just like it says in the beginning of the Tool song 3rd eye. With a username like my3rdeye, I would think you would know that telepathy DOES exist. Although this is a forum about drugs, I still suspect that people won't believe me on this and might even think I'm crazy but I function very well and am not mentally ill in the least in fact I tend to be in relatively good spirits about things most of the time and am certainly not an unhappy person

Last edited:
Did you begin using when you were a child? I ask because nearly everyone is going to be more worried about the judgement of others when they're an adult vs a teenager, I know I didn't give a flying fuck what people thought about me when I was 15, but it's a whole different story now

It's the opposite for me, I had a lot of social anxiety as a child/teenager stemming from fearing judgment from others, but now (at 31) I don't give a shit what people think so I go through life with confidence. I can partially credit psychedelics with that, and partially just the process of growing up and becoming comfortable in my own skin.

I'd have to agree with X above - I was more worried about judgement by others as a teenager than as an adult.

I can partially credit psychedelics with that

i feel like psychedelics (can) re-orient your priorities in a way that what others think of you just becomes such a small issue compared to everything else in the universe that you stop caring about it.

Your 'dark' period sounds like a period of psychosis. You don't have to be schizophrenic to have psychosis. I think your psychedelic usage precipitated some kind of underlying mental illness.

In regards to psychedelics changing your brain, I can see a change of behaviour due to drug use affecting the brain. This would be over a long period of time and not a direct result of the drug itself.

Talking about social anxiety my social anxiety has diminished significantly since junior high/high school and I can see it only getting better as the years go by. I don't doubt that MDMA and LSD use contributed to it.

I've done a lot of tripping, perhaps especially for someone who's only just shy of 21 (but then I know people who were tripping way younger then me, even quite heavily, so I don't know?), my brain definitely has a permanent or at least very long lasting degree of leftover psychedelia to it.

I've also abused/overused psychedelics a ton, done some shit I'd advise others to never think about, but there were only effects I'd consider negative during those really abusive periods then for maybe a few months after (and they were never any worse then shit my head has done all alone, possibly less negative then when I was smoking pot like 10x a day too, at least behaviorally), generally speaking leftover perceptual alterations don't bother me, and the mental effects help me feel more relaxed & hold a better perspective on life.

Abusing dissociatives, however, is a different story. Using them moderately for a long time they were quite helpful, really had a special way of obliterating the minds defenses & showing you more personal/emotional things rather than the more general life stuff of psychs (not that they aren't emotionally helpful too), and dissociatives have a very special way of exposing the darkness within, but making you comfortable with it & showing you that it isn't "you" but a result of past shitty life circumstances, but then abusing them can cause you to dwell in that darkness in ways that are unhealthy, and can dig up shit you might not wanna think about.

Dissos also have negative effects on cognition which psychs don't for me. I stopped using dissos (MXE, perfect drug for me in all the worst ways) 2 months ago, my head is mostly cleared up from them, though I'm still left a bit spacier then normal & lots of sleep deprivation gets my head more scrambled from them. Good thing I was able to stop myself before it got really bad (thanks to taking a psychedelic as well the last time I did MXE, allowed me to see what MXE was doing to me more clearly).

I've had a lot of social anxiety for longer then I can remember, obsessive compulsive disorder, always been highly neurotic, and my hallucinogen use, while it hasn't eliminated those issues, has made them much easier to deal with, and made MUCH better at dealing with people, more empathetic, less judgemental. As well, until a certain point in my tripping I always had some degree of baseless anxiety under the surface, thats gone now, I only have anxiety for actual reasons (so sometimes I can reason my way out of it). I also feel that separating from my ego so much has made me more rational, as I fall for selfish/egotistical logical fallacies far less (but of course the ego is still there, even if I know it's a liar).

Last edited:
I went through a 2-3 year period of abusing psychedelics very greatly. Other than lack of sleep issues I never seemed to suffer any negative consequences other than a huge and long-lasting (and partly permanent) tolerance, and a strong desire to keep using them like that to make my days more interesting, for a while But once I cleared that point, I began to realize that every moment of life is a trip. I seem to have a permanent and very positive effect from all the psychedelics, and that is that I see the psychedelia in life at all times. And I don't mean liker I see visuals, I mean like the way I think and view the world/universe is psychedelic. It's really enriched my life.

I went through a 2-3 year period of abusing psychedelics very greatly. Other than lack of sleep issues I never seemed to suffer any negative consequences other than a huge and long-lasting (and partly permanent) tolerance, and a strong desire to keep using them like that to make my days more interesting, for a while But once I cleared that point, I began to realize that every moment of life is a trip. I seem to have a permanent and very positive effect from all the psychedelics, and that is that I see the psychedelia in life at all times. And I don't mean liker I see visuals, I mean like the way I think and view the world/universe is psychedelic. It's really enriched my life.

I am perma-fried myself, severely so from a variety of bizarre drugs and experiences but it honestly isn't bad, I have gotten very dull and strange acting at times as a result of large quantities of psychoactives over the course of the years, probably bordering on retarded, or possibly even crazy at times especially when drugs are involved in some way.

'According to some scientists, most psychoactive drugs, including psychiatric medications, can alter the brain’s neural structure.'

As other have said in other ways, this phrase is a meaningless truism. All experience changes your brain, every second of your life, awake or dreaming. It is the kinds of changes that different experiences induce that are interesting.

Interesting article otherwise, although I would deny that 'healthy adaption [to HPPD] is no cure'. Once one is healthily adapted, HPP loses its D.